Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Just for nostalgia's sake, a couple of good ol' classics by Microprose back in the 90s, Master of Magic and Civilization II: Test of Time, they are among the greatest 4X games ever made imho.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Total Overdose, I played the hell out of that game when it came out in 2005, sure its a budget Max Payne mixed with gta and a drug cartel coat of paint but man was it fun and over the top.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2021-08-23 at 09:15 PM.

fuck all y’all,

the entire timesplitters series is the only option

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Dragon Age Origins. The graphics have not aged well at all. Even just looking like a slightly better Inquisition would be a massive upgrade. The gameplay's good as it is, maybe rebalance some spells and talents so Mages aren't as godmode and Awakening is less of a broken mess of OP shit. Leave the rest alone.

Fallout New Vegas. Mods can only do so much, especially with how crash prone it is. Just giving it Fallout 4's shooting and graphics and remaking the map a bit because it doesn't have to run on potato consoles anymore (for instance, don't divide the Strip into 3 zones with ugly ass concrete barriers) would make me a very, very happy camper. Don't let those fools at Bethesda anywhere near the writing and RPG mechanics however.

In the same vein, remake Fallout 1, 2 and (I said it) Tactics so they can run properly on modern hardware.
    Pretty sure that this will happen, along with Oblivion (maybe even Morrowind).

Personally, I want Deus Ex 1-2 and Half Life 2 (Black Mesa did good job on first one).

Oh, and with Psychonauts 2 coming, 1 should be remastered. Beyond Good & Evil (not sure we will ever see the second one)

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post

Personally, I want Deus Ex 1-2 and Half Life 2 (Black Mesa did good job on first one).

Oh, and with Psychonauts 2 coming, 1 should be remastered. Beyond Good & Evil (not sure we will ever see the second one)
    I doubt New Vegas will get remastered at all, or at least anytime near soon. Bethesda didn't even make it and I'm quite sure they're rather remaster their own game, FO3, first. And that's once they're done with Oblivion and re-release the Skyrim Legendary Special Anniversary Edition on the PS7. Then maybe we'll get TES VI. Plus I don't think I actually trust Bethesda with changing the gameplay without majorly fucking it up along the way in the first place.

As for HL2, I personally think it still looks fine. Not amazing of course but it holds up a helluva lot better than most 2004 games, hell most games from up to 5 or 6 years later I'd say, having replayed it a year ago or so.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Kotor, Quake 3 Arena, first Diablo and Warcraft 2 for me.

Also quite a ton of old coin-ops (would probably kill for a Street Fighter 2: Champion Edition with the graphics of the last SF for example) but due to their poor graphics and gameplay remasters could be just trivial.

5+ Year Old Account
    Jet Set Radio Future. (I think JSR was remade but I have fond memories of JSRF. Plus it's cell-shaded which would look amazing in 4k.)

Commander Keen. Using the id Tech 7 engine.
    Last edited by Nightwatch; 2021-08-23 at 10:36 PM.

Heres the games I would love actual remasters for, in no particular order. I know some of these were remade to an extent but didnt give it the same flavor as something like Resident Evil.

Gauntlet Legends
    Conkers Bad Fur Day
    Siphon Filter
    Dino Crisis
    Lost Planet
    Fallout 1 and 2
    Metal gear (the very first one)
    Tomb Raider (from the playstation era)

The list can go on and on but my break time is up lol.

soul reaver
    silent hill 1 (and origins plz)
    Meta gear solid

Duke Nukem 3D
    Shadow Warrior

Dont mess with the Lo Wang !

No video game needs a remaster. Developers should be spending their time developing new, original content, and not charging ridiculous amounts for reskins of old games with nothing new.

Warcraft 3..... Reforged.

That game needs to be remade back into Warcraft 3.

On a more serious note, gimme a Oracle of Seasons and Ages remaster in the style of Links Awakening remastered.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-08-23 at 10:53 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    >FF5, 6 and 8.
    >Suikoden Series, all of them.
    Here is something to believe in!

Gimme the original Deus Ex in UE5 instead of UE1. NAOW!
    I know it would be a remake, but still. Gimme, plx.

Edit: Alot of other stuff has already been mentioned, as for remaster's I would like a remake of The Riddle of Master Lu, good old point and click adventure that even back then needed a degree in computer science to successfully run because it was an unholy abomination that wanted to run in DOS instead of Win95 but even if you ran it in DOS it kept crashing my PC..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Gothic I and Gothic II!
    I think they were working on that, but given Piranhia Bytes it's probably going to be awful jank like everything they put out, even if they aren't the people that'll make it (someone at THQ nordic afaik). Everything they ever touched is cursed to be jank forever.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-08-23 at 11:57 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Fallout 1 and 2. I've re-installed both quite a few times over the years, but as their contemporaries such as Age of Empires 2 and especially Diablo 2 got a grand visual upgrade I really want the same for these classics. Seeing recent D2 beta gameplay of Lut Gholein especially sparked this, as it reminded me of Shady Sands.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post

I would subscribe to that selection as well.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Enemy Territory Quake Wars.

In 2007 this was easily the most beautiful game available. Especially multiplayer.

It aged decently, but the log-in servers did not, not to mention the game is only available as hard copies which ended up being the neck-shot to the player community.

A quick update and the whole thing is good to go again. Easily the deepest tactical shooter you'll ever play.
    this entire post is a sick joke