Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    OP thinks F R E S H will leave all the minmaxers in TBC, but it’s literally the opposite. The only people interested in Fresh are 1) people who missed out on Classic the first time and don’t like TBC for some reason, and 2) private server fresh server junkies who will minmax as much as possible.
    And, you know, people that love vanilla wow.

  2. #122
    Was there some official info about fresh classic servers?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

    I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

  3. #123
    Scarab Lord Motorman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Any posh place
    Posts
    4,900
    Quote Originally Posted by strixer View Post
    So it's likely we will get fresh Classic and this time around community will be like 2005 WoW. We all saw how retailers ruined Classic with min/max culture so raids were filled with 20 warriors and 10 mages. In addition they brought toxic addons like Weakaura and such that doesn't belong to Classic.
    This time around they will stay in TBC and hopefully possible fresh won't be toxic min/max.
    I can't wait for healthy community that doesn't cry when we wipe or yell "go go" and doesn't mind if BRD takes 4 hours to clear.
    How you think that will be achieved? The community has changed for ever. You cannot reproduce what used to be.
    Imagine 500 px width. Now imagine 100 px height. Now imagine this is a signature. Done.

  4. #124
    Pandaren Monk Redroniksre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, Ontario
    Posts
    1,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    How you think that will be achieved? The community has changed for ever. You cannot reproduce what used to be.
    Who knows, maybe they will force everyone to use low resolutions and throttle everyones internet to be more like the old days. Hard to be mad at other players when you keep disconnecting!

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    How you think that will be achieved? The community has changed for ever. You cannot reproduce what used to be.
    If anything, classic is now what it was for me all those years ago. There are quite alot of active players in classic, atleast on my server, right now. Its all laid back, people help eachother and theres a general nice tone. I do enjoy the slow leveling, taking my time. I can travel across continents just to help one guildie/friend out with quests, and so do they.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Who knows, maybe they will force everyone to use low resolutions and throttle everyones internet to be more like the old days. Hard to be mad at other players when you keep disconnecting!
    Blizzard will ship 20 old PC setups to everyone that subs to wow classic!

  6. #126
    People are always so black and white. In classic you of course had a lot of min maxers, but there were a lot of laid back people and guilds too. You have both. I played an insane amount of Wow classic and my 2 characters were a night elf rogue and warrior. I never did any speed run raiding and was never denied any groups.

  7. #127
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    34,186
    Quote Originally Posted by strixer View Post
    So it's likely we will get fresh Classic and this time around community will be like 2005 WoW. We all saw how retailers ruined Classic with min/max culture so raids were filled with 20 warriors and 10 mages. In addition they brought toxic addons like Weakaura and such that doesn't belong to Classic.
    This time around they will stay in TBC and hopefully possible fresh won't be toxic min/max.
    I can't wait for healthy community that doesn't cry when we wipe or yell "go go" and doesn't mind if BRD takes 4 hours to clear.
    This post is.. sarcasm.. right?

    Sarcasm doesn't translate well but people tend to do /s at the end, no?
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    People are always so black and white. In classic you of course had a lot of min maxers, but there were a lot of laid back people and guilds too. You have both. I played an insane amount of Wow classic and my 2 characters were a night elf rogue and warrior. I never did any speed run raiding and was never denied any groups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    People are always so black and white. In classic you of course had a lot of min maxers, but there were a lot of laid back people and guilds too. You have both. I played an insane amount of Wow classic and my 2 characters were a night elf rogue and warrior. I never did any speed run raiding and was never denied any groups.
    in last 2years of classic, on both heavy servers like firemaw & faerlina, Both servers had more casual guilds than min-maxer guilds and those casual guilds did not raid with world buffs in any phase & still cleared full content except last 4~5boss's in naxx. So min-maxers who push themself for this old game? are just wasting effort over nothing.

    Also a statement to many young people who apparently never played vanilla! i was no lifer in vanilla so i made alot of characters in different servers (neptulon-mazrigos-magthridon-kazzak) in low pop server like mazrigos? u would find everyone is casual, on servers like magthridon-kazzak u could find alot of min-maxers YES In 2005~2006 i've seen guilds always using world buffs for aq40 at early 2006 and even in trade chat some people was selling the head buffs, also there was ALOT of raid item sells on those heavy/full servers, such things did not spread to the whole world community / servers because social sharing wasn't great back in the day! but on server like neptulon? i've seen some top guilds using improved tactics which is different from what most used in vanilla, those tactics is exactly the same you're using now in classic! so everything you know in classic? been a thing in vanilla, it wasn't created or improved in past 14years! It was just spread'd out.
    And speaking about pc / internet? you must be so young if u think that game was laggy in 2005, it was only laggy for those poor people who can't afford normal pc, high tech PC in 2004 could still run wow in high option on 1024x768 30fps and that was so smooth, Only very few people from fail country was had less fps than 10 & you thought everyone was like that :S also regarding the internet? there was 2MB DSL back in 2004 that was enough to make your game run with 30MS i've never faced lag or dc'd or dropped fps while playing vanilla and i wasn't rich, i was just working and bought the standard PC's for it's year. last thing i wanna say, i've friended more than 50player in vanilla, we shared alot of staffs on msn, i've traveled and met some of them irl, and everyone was +20, they're now almost 40! so if i have to say 3x facts?
    -the majority of vanilla players was at older age than the age of current classic majority (most played to make friends and to do random fun)
    -most people did have stable fps of 30 with MS under 50 (Non bothered to record game play so i guess only poor kids did record and this is why only fail videos existed)
    -every single abuse/tactic/idea in current classic? existed back in vanilla, i even know some exploits in vanilla which i've never seen in classic atm, ofc i wouldn't even reveal my secrets! cus i wanna abuse them alone :P
    we long lost gems of the past players, never cared about fame! we just played to socialize. but you kids? now play just for RMT & some useless fake fame which is pointless in non-a new game.
    Last edited by Azx; 2021-09-08 at 04:35 PM.

  9. #129
    Scarab Lord Motorman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Any posh place
    Posts
    4,900
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    If anything, classic is now what it was for me all those years ago. There are quite alot of active players in classic, atleast on my server, right now. Its all laid back, people help eachother and theres a general nice tone. I do enjoy the slow leveling, taking my time. I can travel across continents just to help one guildie/friend out with quests, and so do they.
    I have no reason to doubt you but explain me this: How the hell are people acting so nice in classic and pretty much the exact same people are complete twats in retail?

    I really don't think its different players playing both. Still there is something about retail that brings the worst up in people and this is something to look into because half of the bad retail experience is how the community behaves.
    Imagine 500 px width. Now imagine 100 px height. Now imagine this is a signature. Done.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I have no reason to doubt you but explain me this: How the hell are people acting so nice in classic and pretty much the exact same people are complete twats in retail?

    I really don't think its different players playing both. Still there is something about retail that brings the worst up in people and this is something to look into because half of the bad retail experience is how the community behaves.
    If I had to take a stab at this...classic isn't as competitive at the evergreen level it's at now. At this point most people who care are done with PvE on their second alt by now or already moved on to BC

    Can also assume classic requires a certain mindset to play at the evergreen level so everyone just already has it

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I have no reason to doubt you but explain me this: How the hell are people acting so nice in classic and pretty much the exact same people are complete twats in retail?

    I really don't think its different players playing both. Still there is something about retail that brings the worst up in people and this is something to look into because half of the bad retail experience is how the community behaves.
    Good question! I've thought about that many times and I think it probably got to do with the game design. Classic in itself requiers more time(atleast the leveling) and it encourages group play from the get go. You can quest alone, but its worth grouping up. You can skip many difficult quests while leveling, but its worth getting a grp. You can skip the dungeons easily, but its worth getting a grp. Just to get to the dungeon is a group effort, everyone gotta travel.

    When at max level, you need to join up with 25/40 other people to get better gear. You cant spam 5 man dungeons(m+ in retail) with a endless pool of players to take from to gear up.

    the game overall is more relaxed and open minded and in a sense, it slow everything down. Thats why certain segment of the classic playerbase have turned to "timed raids" were they clear fast as possible.

    Also - the game in itself is not really difficult. Its easy enough, straightforward to understand(most of it) and at the same time it values group/team effort.

    - - - Updated - - -

    BTW - anyone know why I cant find the classic era version of wow on the blizz launcher?

  12. #132
    Legendary! The One Percent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮
    Posts
    6,418
    Why would the community be any different? Is it coming with a mind wipe as well?
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

  13. #133
    Come on Blizzard, share a release date already!

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I just loooove how "Classic will be the best thing ever" got switched to "fresh Classic will be the best thing ever".
    I so, so wish there was a like button on this board...........
    Karma always has the last laugh.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by strixer View Post
    Tryhards will stay in TBC and not follow fresh.
    Wouldn't the really sweaty tryhards play both? Sort of their thing.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    OP thinks F R E S H will leave all the minmaxers in TBC, but it’s literally the opposite. The only people interested in Fresh are 1) people who missed out on Classic the first time and don’t like TBC for some reason, and 2) private server fresh server junkies who will minmax as much as possible.
    Kinda agree here, the guild I was in on TBC classic is super hyped for classic fresh and they were 20 warriors who became warlocks/hunters for tbc. The OP is in for a shock if he thinks it will be any different than what it was before.

  17. #137
    This sounds like forever chasing nostalgia trying to get back a feeling.

    I would say move on. The world has changed, life has changed, games have changed and most importantly you have changed.

    2005 was awesome and should surely be treasured, but its just a distant nostalgic memory.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I have no reason to doubt you but explain me this: How the hell are people acting so nice in classic and pretty much the exact same people are complete twats in retail?

    I really don't think its different players playing both. Still there is something about retail that brings the worst up in people and this is something to look into because half of the bad retail experience is how the community behaves.
    my experience has been the oposite honestly,people in classic have been very toxic and rude in my experience,wile in retail people seem to mostly dont give a shit,granted in retail you tend to live in your own bubble and are kinda protected from random interactions that matter

  19. #139
    Stood in the Fire Nak88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Huelva (Spain)
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post
    This sounds like forever chasing nostalgia trying to get back a feeling.

    I would say move on. The world has changed, life has changed, games have changed and most importantly you have changed.

    2005 was awesome and should surely be treasured, but its just a distant nostalgic memory.
    Apart from that, we enjoyed our trip back to nostalgia and 2019 and 2020 and we really had a blast in Classic, but we do not want to play Classic again. We would rather stick to TBC and WotLK and so does the vast majority of the player base. Don't get fooled by the vocal tiny minority of Fresh devourers.

  20. #140
    Scarab Lord Motorman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Any posh place
    Posts
    4,900
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    my experience has been the oposite honestly,people in classic have been very toxic and rude in my experience,wile in retail people seem to mostly dont give a shit,granted in retail you tend to live in your own bubble and are kinda protected from random interactions that matter
    Describes my retail experience completely. Haven't talked to anyone outside my guild for around 4 years now. Unless its discord so you can give hell to idiots with impunity. WoW sterilized its community so much it stopped being a community simply because anything you say WILL be held against you.

    But again, calling an idiot an idiot when they do something idiotic is not toxic. Letting the idiot stay idiot and ruin everyone's game is the actual toxicity. Blizzard simply wants everyone to pretend everything is good and fine and we re all friends. In turn the community self-isolates in the biggest self-isolation experiment ever including covid social distancing.

    If someone plays bad and you can't do nothing about it the game simply changes into a solo game.
    Imagine 500 px width. Now imagine 100 px height. Now imagine this is a signature. Done.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •