What would differentiate fresh from / and keep alive classic era servers

Why would blizzard kill their own classic era servers by releasing fresh without certain conditions such as:

Fresh is super fast xp gain in comparison and changes in many ways every release cycle of say 6 months. Characters are transferred to classic era servers at the end of the cycle of fresh.

Also, would be nice to give us the option of turning on modern models in the graphics settings of the fresh version.

Finally, the perfect addition would be to introduce achievements and rewards on retail tied to what players accomplish on the seasonal fresh version. Do this for all versions of WoW classic that are planned for release or already released.

We keep classic era servers as-is without changing them. The fresh ones will be changing every release cycle instead to keep things interesting. Classic era is where our characters transfer to at the end of the “fresh” cycle for them to be permanently saved.

Easy wins for blizzard, endless sources of fun and enjoyable things to do for the players. Also believe that doing this would lessen the amount of systems, gating and new content in general needed on retail since retail becomes the central way of managing all kinds of achievements tied to other versions, there will be literally an endless amount of content just from this.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2021-08-24 at 03:13 AM.

so you want classic era servers but with features that are not from classic? modern graphics in a classic version? sure you want classic?

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    so you want classic era servers but with features that are not from classic? modern graphics in a classic version? sure you want classic?
    We keep classic era servers as-is without changing them. The fresh ones will be changing every release cycle instead to keep things interesting. Classic era is where our characters go to at the end of the cycle.

if a fresh classic server had extra xp gain i might actually play it, that is what kept me from playing vanilla the first time around but honestly i wish they would gather some courage and just change the game.

I can see how this might be a bad idea since TBC is ... right there (here) but change classes in a fresh classic server, fuck it. give them new abilities or change talents up. Yes, something will end up op or even broken but who cares? Something always is going to be op. Change raids or dungeons up or give loot stupid crazy procs or on uses. Classic to me is stale. We already had the "vanilla experience". I know this goes against what many people who would even play vanilla servers would want but if you wanted me to play it would have to have some pretty significant changes.
    There's also nothing stopping Blizzard from resurrecting both Arthas and Archimonde and turning them into super saiyans so that they can fuse and fight Sargeras

Quote Originally Posted by Coolascancer View Post
    if a fresh classic server had extra xp gain i might actually play it, that is what kept me from playing vanilla the first time around but honestly i wish they would gather some courage and just change the game.

I can see how this might be a bad idea since TBC is ... right there (here) but change classes in a fresh classic server, fuck it. give them new abilities or change talents up. Yes, something will end up op or even broken but who cares? Something always is going to be op. Change raids or dungeons up or give loot stupid crazy procs or on uses. Classic to me is stale. We already had the "vanilla experience". I know this goes against what many people who would even play vanilla servers would want but if you wanted me to play it would have to have some pretty significant changes.
    It’s going to probably have much faster xp gains and many more changes since they had these options in the official questionnaire from blizzard.

Fresh doesn't need changes. All they need to do is make it so once the "fresh" life cycle is over, it dumps the chara back onto the classic era server. Kinda like how they do with D3 once the season ends with seasonal characters. That way classic era server pop gets replenished each cycle

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Fresh doesn't need changes. All they need to do is make it so once the "fresh" life cycle is over, it dumps the chara back onto the classic era server. Kinda like how they do with D3 once the season ends with seasonal characters. That way classic era server pop gets replenished each cycle
    That wouldn’t work as it provides nothing special compared to a free blizz like private server that is free to play and has a tight knit community.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    like private server that is free to play and has a tight knit community.
    and half the server is chinese farmers
    and the server crashes and has rollbacks
    and lots of shit is broken and doesn't work properly
    and the server can shut down at any time, losing all of your progress
    and the population takes a nose dive every time another "fresh" server launches
    and the server is flooded with people that don't speak english and thus are hard to play with because you can't communicate
    and gold spam out the ass 24/7
    and....

yeah that definitely sounds sooooo much better than classic

lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for seasonal FRESH servers, which push characters into Classic Era or TBC when they restart. It's kind of like a Diablo season.

I'd MORE like to see Classic+ servers. These would come out after Wrath finishes, and they would be a WoW-reboot more than a museum. The museum was fun and FRESH can accomodate that gameplay forever. I want new content in vanilla. I want to see the timeline jumbled up. I want new adventures. I want more balanced classes (more like TBC fixes). I want a new story that isn't in retail, which is basically stuck at god-level power scales. I want to see Thrall and Garrosh go down different paths. I want to see a different version of the Cataclysm, or maybe a world he never gets to pull it off before we deal with him. I want to see the old gods team up.

Retail is a bloated mess, and Classic+ is the perfect spot to reboot the franchise. Take what we like, trim the fat and mix up the story.

Why don't they make

-Seasonal Classic servers that restarts
    -Classic+ servers
    -Classic forever servers
    -TBC servers
    -(maybe TBC seasonal servers)
    -WotLK servers
    -(maybe WotLK seasonal servers)

everyone would be happy

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Why don't they make

-Seasonal Classic servers that restarts
    -Classic+ servers
    -Classic forever servers
    -TBC servers
    -(maybe TBC seasonal servers)
    -WotLK servers
    -(maybe WotLK seasonal servers)

everyone would be happy
    In 10 years time this might be how it is. No reason for Blizzard to launch all of this at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    Also, would be nice to give us the option of turning on modern models in the graphics settings of the fresh version.
    No, just no.

Probably because the classic era servers are already dead. There's nothing to kill. Them releasing fresh classic servers is going to draw in more players to play through classic again.