Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Strawpoll-Things that Blizzard needs to bring back or add to make PVP successful agai

I've been playing arena/PvP since TBC and current PvP state is best ever so all options in your biased poll are useless for me.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I've been playing arena/PvP since TBC and current PvP state is best ever so all options in your biased poll are useless for me.

You are entitled to your opinion just like everybody else but I think you may be one of the few that like it. Wow PVP Has taken a big dip in the last few months and I'm afraid if they don't make some major changes its continues to decline.

Here's one I did a few weeks ago that you might find interesting.

P.s I do these polls all the time to see if everybody is thinking the way I'm thinking Are am I on an island by myself.

https://www.strawpoll.me/45549010/r
    Last edited by bdmxd; 2021-08-24 at 04:44 PM.

I actually really enjoyed season 1 shadowlands pvp. There have been seasons where games are a snooze fest due to balancing... basically had to wait for dampening / perfect cc chain which isnt fun either.

260 people extracted from what population exactly?

Character devotion and alt unfriendliness is what keeps the meta in line enough for lower tier play to be tolerable. Read and use your head anticipating the course of an expansion before picking your main, when you make a mistake and have to grind 70 renown or a new character next season, thats apart of the game... if it were perfectly balanced and the meta didn't constantly fluctuate, alt friendliness would be 100% intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post

Character devotion and alt unfriendliness is what keeps the meta in line enough for lower tier play to be tolerable. Read and use your head anticipating the course of an expansion before picking your main, when you make a mistake and have to grind 70 renown or a new character next season, thats apart of the game... if it were perfectly balanced and the meta didn't constantly fluctuate, alt friendliness would be 100% intact.

Yeah, just think about that the small poll that I'd done and got a reaction like that an all my polls are going to be placing In the PvP section cause that's what I do. If you like Shadowlands that's fine, but I don't like it and there are a lot of people that agree with me.

This is less a poll and more a list of demands you require or you'll kill Ion's dog

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    This is less a poll and more a list of demands you require or you'll kill Ion's dog
    I don't know how you came to that conclusion It's a poll plain and simple. If Blizzard got feedback from your PvP community, we wouldn't be where we're at today.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmxd View Post
    I don't know how you came to that conclusion It's a poll plain and simple. If Blizzard got feedback from your PvP community, we wouldn't be where we're at today.
    no you consolidated a bunch of buzzwords from MMO Champion and regurgitated it on a poll

7+ Year Old Account
    I believe low rate of participation and participation fall off between seasons for Shadowlands would probably indicate that it is not in the best state ever.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    no you consolidated a bunch of buzzwords from MMO Champion and regurgitated it on a poll
    OK, I don't know if you're here just trolling or what but I put up polls all the time trying to get feedback from PvP community I don't post on here a lot but I do post a lot on the WoW forms. This same post is up on the WoW forums too.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...-again/1074862

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP's success is mostly dependent on how the classes are designed. These simplified classes make combat shallow.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2021-08-25 at 05:58 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    PvP in SL is atrociously bad, but ppl still put up with it because it was the fastest way to gearing yourself up at the beginning of the xpac. But now that in 9.1 PvP gear has been 'normalised', so to speak, you can see that PvP has fallen off a cliff in terms of participation.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

The utter collapse of participation numbers would be the indication that your opinion is very much in the minority.

Just sayin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bdmxd View Post
    OK, I don't know if you're here just trolling or what but I put up polls all the time trying to get feedback from PvP community I don't post on here a lot but I do post a lot on the WoW forms. This same post is up on the WoW forums too.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...-again/1074862
    Both are irrelevant.

Well over 90% of players never set foot on a forum - Blizzard official ones or not.

You're not getting the opinions of the people who actually matter - the casuals that never use forums - in either case.

Its really easy for people who post on the forums to forget that they basically represent a minuscule portion of people and think that their opinions are much more important than they really are. Thats not a dig at the OP or anyone else, just a... reminder, i guess.

Its easy to read forum posts and be like "everyone loves/everyone hates X, Y, Z" without remembering that forum posters dont total up to a meaningful number of players.

Which is why i prefer to let stats do the talking.

I.E. participation numbers are staggeringly low.

Therefore, its reasonable to assume that the silent majority aint happy either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    The utter collapse of participation numbers would be the indication that your opinion is very much in the minority.

Just sayin.

- - - Updated - - -

Both are irrelevant.

Well over 90% of players never set foot on a forum - Blizzard official ones or not.

You're not getting the opinions of the people who actually matter - the casuals that never use forums - in either case.

Its really easy for people who post on the forums to forget that they basically represent a minuscule portion of people and think that their opinions are much more important than they really are. Thats not a dig at the OP or anyone else, just a... reminder, i guess.

Its easy to read forum posts and be like "everyone loves/everyone hates X, Y, Z" without remembering that forum posters dont total up to a meaningful number of players.

Which is why i prefer to let stats do the talking.

I.E. participation numbers are staggeringly low.

Therefore, its reasonable to assume that the silent majority aint happy either.
    Ok, before they added PvP vendors back, I made a poll it went big got over 3k votes than stoopz come in and takes it to the next level and then we get PvP vendors back. I agree polls like these really don't make a difference, but every now and then you may have one that catches on and it could make a difference.

Like I said my poll or more less for fun to see what everybody else is thinking see if they are on the same page I am on or not.

This one is what started to get PvP vendors back.
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...aw-poll/150665

With the news coming out today, I think Blizzard needs to pay attention to some things on this poll and even some of the feedback that I’m getting.

I think- All PvP gear should be attainable sooner or later, rated battlegrounds and arenas get there quicker.<I think this should be one of the first things.

2.blacklisting

Bring back reforging, let us have a little control over our toons.

At least these three things Would be huge, getting PvP headed in the right direction.

It needs to be fun for bad players, without bad players the pool participating in pvp grows smaller by the day. Supposedly, its close to as good as its ever been at the high end, but at the low end of "i play shit comps with my mates that suck" you get 1shot and dno why, or spend half ur match rooted or cc'd.

None of the suggestions really solve any aspect of that, at best solo queue would allow more bad players to participate, but they'd bail quickly after having enough bad experiences. Games are kept alive by the masses, and pvp is designed around high rated 3s which is not at all what the masses do.

Unsure how to fix that, slower games would be a start, rewards that arent based on rating probably, conquest for losses, bigger focus on 2s, a lot less cc, and probably a few more things. But at that point its a fundamentally different game, and none of that sounds good, so we'd oppose it as a community, even if things like that is what would help drive new people towards pvp.

Another thing would be every group not listing themselves as "2.6k lsxp, be same", or the whole 1 loss = disband mentality, waaaaay too many groups have barriers of entry, gl getting anyone at all interested when they are relegated to "conquest cap", "gearing my low alt", "just for fun pls be chill", "yolo".

As long as there's no reward for just playing, and the only boon you can hope for comes from rating, itll be a toxic shitshow of exclusivity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha, the nukefest is one of the worst states pvp is in atm.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Honestly, it was "overall" the best its ever been in SL in my experience and I've played WOW since day 1, so I'm lost on the "again" part.

The gear situation is still mind boggling dumb to me and completely ruins lower tier matches. Getting a fresh alt PVP gear is a flat out AWFUL experience and people shouldn't have to spend 20-40 hours having miserable experiences in YOLO and random BG's just for gear to do pvp at a somewhat reasonable state.

They need to just scale peoples ilvl and be done with it and figure out a different reward path for PVP that doesn't affect player power.

They also need to figure out better ways to handle toxicity, because its a shit show.

It feels so common sense to me and I'm remembering while I write this why I don't play this game anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post

what are you smoking? and can you share? Loved rolling rogue start of Xpac due to how insane it looked, then it got fucking stomped so hard that it was only playable with a mage, RMP/RMD is just not a comp im interested in playing, I find it static and boring, and prefer something more dynamic like Thug, or RPS. so just had to hard ditch my class instantly, same for the hunter I was playing with at the time, as they also got giga nerfed 2 weeks into the season. we saw, we speculated, we planned, we were right, then we get absolutely Nuked, can't predict blizzards incompetence bro.

kept trying, but sadly hunter had to be nightfae to Raid so we just quit, never really managed to catch up gear wise on Rshammy/ Feral dudu and couldnt play arena cuz I had to spend 9 hours a week raiding, 6x Torghast, Random renown story quests (that were all terrible) and had to do daily maw on all chars. and by the time I was done with that, I didnt have much play time left sadly, great game I r8 it 8/8 m8