Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    so you can't buy gear, you can rent people's time and buy drops from them

How is that blizzard making the game p2w?
    Who said anything about p2w? You asked how to buy a BoP weapon, I told you how.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cronight View Post
    ok...lets see... 7nm and 7hc ner zhul kills...0 daggers drop...7nm and 4hc sylvanas kills...0 daggers drop...so overall 25 kills, 0 daggers drop, and ofc I am class who dual wield, so I need 2 drops...so comon blizz at least bring back bonus loot rolls since I dont give a fck about gv....
    "let loot be loot" they have... Bonus rolls existing or not does not matter for "let loot be loot" let loot be loot is about titanforging. whcih is gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Buy tokens, sell tokens, buy carry, get funneled gear. You may not specifically get a weapon, but that's not what the guy said, he just said loot.
    And the guy you quoted said "show where you can buy weapons in a screenshot". If we're going to follow your rules, then you failed.

- - - Updated - - -

No, you really didn't.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    the problem with this philosophy is not your bad luck. the problem with this philosophy starts when we talk about Domination Shards, systems and systems over systems.

seriously: if i would live in wonderland and could decide between a wow with warforge/titanforge and NOTHING ELSE, or between a wow with no WF/TF but Shards, Conduits, Azerite gear, Essences, Legendaries, etc. Well, i would choose

INSTANTLY

the wow version with WF/TF but NOTHING else.
    Keep trying to look cool talking about systems when you have no idea why they're there.....

Hint: They don't need to nerf X bosses in X time anymore unless they feel there is a huge tuning error and it gives SOME people a sense of fun. Only ignorant people or people seeking attention complain about "systems".

ok...lets see... 7nm and 7hc ner zhul kills...0 daggers drop...7nm and 4hc sylvanas kills...0 daggers drop...so overall 25 kills, 0 daggers drop, and ofc I am class who dual wield, so I need 2 drops...so comon blizz at least bring back bonus loot rolls since I dont give a fck about gv....
    how the fuck can you not do 1 key per week ?

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Keep trying to look cool talking about systems when you have no idea why they're there.....

Hint: They don't need to nerf X bosses in X time anymore unless they feel there is a huge tuning error and it gives SOME people a sense of fun. Only ignorant people or people seeking attention complain about "systems".
    wait, whaaaat????

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jkq View Post
    how the fuck can you not do 1 key per week ?
    m8 I have 239 from gv and 236 from m+, but my point is, how absurd is killing 25 time bosses which drop daggers and see 0 drops and I know rng is rng but hey...also what I hate the most is rng in rng, so to see lets say sylvanas dagger drop, it is first 1/5 chance you loot something in raid and then 1/4 from loot pool...as I wrote before, I would really like to have bonus roll again, so we can easily target items which we really need...

Got my main hand at 252 from m+ in Vault and off hand from m+ itself which I upgraded to 246 with Valor. I am chasing the elusive domination socket in raid but besides that I don't want or care about any of the loot below Mythic, which I'm unlikely clearing any time soon, so I will be 250+ solely from m+.

I find it bizarre to complain about loot when you have a guaranteed choice of several items every week, three of which 252. Unless you don't really fill the Vault.

There will always be rng involved as is the nature of gear rewards in that genre. You never could and likely never will be able to pin point your exact item.

What I would wish instead is for HC raid loot to be Valor upgradeable similar to m+.

Edit: opened my Vault shortly after posting this to find a 252 offhand option with my bis stats, so there goes the 246 I mentioned earlier. This is my first bis weapon this patch, so yay.
    Last edited by Trumpcat; 2021-08-25 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Good ol' 2 items for 40 people, have fun getting your weapon that way.
    not to mention ally radi could get shaman gear and vice versa
    yeah, that was awesome...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melvinvinyl View Post
    Just wish one-handed weapons worked like artifacts for those classes.. Just loot 1, get 2. It's such a pain to loot 2 good one-handed weapons, while two-handed just need to loot once, artifacts made it so much easier in that way. (Talking rogue or f-dk here, i understand that classes that use dagger/off-hand is a bit more difficult)
    as frost DK its even worse as seting your loot as frost can get you 2hander, which you most likely dont want as its WAY behind dw... its soo amazing when you FINALY get wapon drop ...and its 2hander so basicaly vendor gold

Where's the store UI to buy a weapon?
    Screenshot it.

15+ Year Old Account
    RNG is RNG. I've finished entire expansions without getting things I wanted with a lot more kills than that. Stop whining.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    What are you saying? They failed in everything everything all at once? Maybe you should spend real life money since that guarantees you loot? Isn’t that their strategy anyway....
    The fuck are you on about, lol..

Let loot be loot was about removing titanforging and other weird gear systems. No one wanted Blizzard to reduce the gear drop rate as much as they did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    the problem with this philosophy is not your bad luck. the problem with this philosophy starts when we talk about Domination Shards, systems and systems over systems.

seriously: if i would live in wonderland and could decide between a wow with warforge/titanforge and NOTHING ELSE, or between a wow with no WF/TF but Shards, Conduits, Azerite gear, Essences, Legendaries, etc. Well, i would choose

INSTANTLY

the wow version with WF/TF but NOTHING else.
    Why cant they just make WoW without TF and nothing else. Let us get gear and when we have what we want we make another character to try a new class. The idea that we should endlessly grind ONE character is horrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    show where you can buy weapons in a screenshot or something, I'll wait
    BMAH? hc boost? yeah u may not get in first boost with ur tokens, so spend even more cash on tokens to get it, u'll get it 100%, just u may spend more than 10 AAA games prices for it
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    BMAH? hc boost? yeah u may not get in first boost with ur tokens, so spend even more cash on tokens to get it, u'll get it 100%, just u may spend more than 10 AAA games prices for it
    so in other words, no you can't purchase a weapon, gotcha

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    Don't let Blizzard fool you that only loot IS the only thing to strive for!
    New to MMORPGs, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Let loot be loot was about removing titanforging and other weird gear systems. No one wanted Blizzard to reduce the gear drop rate as much as they did.

- - - Updated - - -

Why cant they just make WoW without TF and nothing else. Let us get gear and when we have what we want we make another character to try a new class. The idea that we should endlessly grind ONE character is horrible.
    yeah, 100% same opinion here. i would LOVE it to play more than 1 character to max equip again. high equipped char altoholism was always my favored way to play wow. my statement was just that i would way more accept WF/TF than all that endless treadmill systems, progressing 1 char to infinty. but ofc, in my dreams i would live again in a wow world, exactly like you described it. i could have that in TBC classic i.e. but i already played that so much in 2007-2009 (iirc), that i am just done with it. i would even pay 10 dollars more a month, when they would do 2 different versions of wow. 1 as you desrcibed and 1 with all that ballpark systems shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    And the guy you quoted said "show where you can buy weapons in a screenshot". If we're going to follow your rules, then you failed.

- - - Updated - - -

No, you really didn't.
    I'm not subbed so I can't go take a screen shot of me looking up "Carry" in the LFD tool, I know it's tough to do but you could try it and see for yourself.

And yes, I did. You can give gold to people to carry you through a raids and potentially get a BoP weapon. If whatever the current raid is follows Nathria rules where tokens drop from the last boss then you are basically 100% guaranteed a weapon if you are willing to pay for a funneling run.

- - - Updated - - -

Where's the store UI to buy a weapon?
    Screenshot it.

Open the LFD tool, search Carry.

I'm not subbed so I can't go take a screen shot of me looking up "Carry" in the LFD tool, I know it's tough to do but you could try it and see for yourself.

And yes, I did. You can give gold to people to carry you through a raids and potentially get a BoP weapon. If whatever the current raid is follows Nathria rules where tokens drop from the last boss then you are basically 100% guaranteed a weapon if you are willing to pay for a funneling run.

- - - Updated - - -

Open the LFD tool, search Carry.
    Don't argue with him, he just doesn't understand that buying carries (middleman) is essentially the same as buying it off a shop from Blizzard store directly. He also probably thinks WoW is doing great and nobody is leaving and it's not Blizz fault and the game is obviously not p2w because you can only buy gold and not gear even though gold enables you to buy mythic runs with the best loot in the game.

But obviously we are wrong and he is right since you actually can't buy it directly from Blizz store, yup! We dummies he smarty.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2021-08-25 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Don't argue with him, he just doesn't understand that buying carries (middleman) is essentially the same as buying it off a shop from Blizzard store directly. He also probably thinks WoW is doing great and nobody is leaving and it's not Blizz fault and the game is obviously not p2w because you can only buy gold and not gear even though gold enables you to buy mythic runs with the best loot in the game.

But obviously we are wrong and he is right since you actually can't buy it directly from Blizz store, yup! We dummies he smarty.
    another option would be, to send him to Irvine CA and ask them:

„Why you dont prevent boosters? Its as easy as changing the CoC/EULA and ban them, or filter them out of chat and PUG tool by default. why you dont?“

i am curious what they tell him and what he says after he asked them.