Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Bobby Kodick is leaving activision in 1 year or 2 at most, he has zero interest in long term, and as shown in many interviews he won't mind if not flat out love fucking video game industry
    You are aware that he's with Activision ever since 1990?

"In December 1990, Kotick and his partner Brian Kelly bought a 25% stake in the almost-bankrupt Activision, then known as Mediagenic. He changed the name back to Activision, performed a full restructuring of the company, and refocused the company on video games.[6][7] Kotick became CEO of Activision in February 1991."
    You have a complete false view of him, Activision is his baby and life. He's more loyal to his company than Morhaime ever was, who left after 20 years, Bobby is with Activision for 30+ years and counting. I don't like Bobby, but nobody should say he is just in for a quick buck, Activision is his career and most likely will be for his entire life.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2021-08-29 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Bobby Kodick is leaving activision in 1 year or 2 at most, he has zero interest in long term, and as shown in many interviews he won't mind if not flat out love fucking video game industry
    Bobby has been with Activision for 31 years. How is that not long term or not caring about video games?

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Bobby has been with Activision for 31 years. How is that not long term or not caring about video games?
    ...well the first one (long term) is easily provable. The second one he at least cares about the money they make him I mean shit he also works at Coca Cola

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    and everyone with at least two brain cells knows WHY it was necesary...
    Really? You think it was necessary? Is that why people left in droves? That was what was necessary, i guess.
    No, lower drop chance did not actually result in anything positive. Just more frustration, more resentment and more people leaving. That is what happens when you treat people like a metric. You forget to factor in the human component.

It's a false premise that you need to string players along. What you need is to have a fun experience players want to come back to. That is what is necessary. Everyone with two brain cells knows that.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-08-29 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    Loot needs to get reverted to the state it was pre SL. Rolls, wf, tf and essences have to come back. It is unenjoyable in the current state. No air to breathe
    i never understood why they removed tf, they could just change it, put a ceiling on it, some catchup so if your loot dont tf you could still upgrade it and it would be better

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    considering they lost atleast 80% of the retail population,its VERY likely next expansion will have boe bis weapons droping in raids
    You are out of your mind if you think they lost 80% of the player base LOL, Christ the stuff people think is real. WoWanon at its best.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    You are out of your mind if you think they lost 80% of the player base LOL, Christ the stuff people think is real. WoWanon at its best.
    I know it sucks,but the facts and data clearly show it to be true

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I guess that is why the current upcoming patch changes are coming. Cause people just accepted, right?
    Yeah, take your backwards rhetoric to someone who cares.
    No, the current changes are coming because that's how Blizzard operates every single expansion. They put the grinds in, test people patience, and when too many leave, they implement QoL changes to get them back. Be happy this time around the changes are coming earlier than usual (mostly because of other unrelated stuff that has them bleeding subscribers). Is your memory really that short? Last example was Nyalotha and corruptions. How fun was the RNG for you before they put in the vendor? The vendor that was probably ready to enter the scene since the very beginning, but no: first you need to grind for a couple of months praying to the RNG gods, and when that fails: Oh look, Blizzard finally listened to us, now we can buy all the powers we want! Resub now! Yeah, surely they are listening to your feedback. Just a shame for some reason they don't learn from it, right?

But I get it. Playing a game with systems you hate, you have to tell yourself consantly that complaining will get you all the things you want - and Blizzard are great at pretending they do just that. Rejoice until the next RNG grind, you'll see for yourself how long their memory lasts. You think it's bad design? I won't deny; I just understand better what kind of game I'm playing (and what kind of game are the developers playing with us).
    Last edited by Rageonit; 2021-08-31 at 10:25 AM.

I think you're overstating the evidence we have at this point.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    No, the current changes are coming because that's how Blizzard operates every single expansion. They put the grinds in, test people patience, and when too many leave, they implement QoL changes to get them back. Be happy this time around the changes are coming earlier than usual (mostly because of other unrelated stuff that has them bleeding subscribers). Is your memory really that short? Last example was Nyalotha and corruptions. How fun was the RNG for you before they put in the vendor? The vendor that was probably ready to enter the scene since the very beginning, but no: first you need to grind for a couple of months praying to the RNG gods, and when that fails: Oh look, Blizzard finally listened to us, now we can buy all the powers we want! Resub now! Yeah, surely they are listening to your feedback. Just a shame for some reason they don't learn from it, right?

But I get it. Playing a game with systems you hate, you have to tell yourself consantly that complaining will get you all the things you want - and Blizzard are great at pretending they do just that. Rejoice until the next RNG grind, you'll see for yourself how long their memory lasts. You think it's bad design? I won't deny; I just understand better what kind of game I'm playing (and what kind of game are the developers playing with us).
    I actually prefered corruptions before the vendor. Atleast than people couldn't "force" you to get the boring stat increase corruptions lol. Once the vendor came in it all became another minmax snorefest again.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I actually prefered corruptions before the vendor. Atleast than people couldn't "force" you to get the boring stat increase corruptions lol. Once the vendor came in it all became another minmax snorefest again.
    You're not forced to do anything; I always feel like people exaggerate those things. Same story this expansion: Oh the cries before launch that you will be forced to join particular covenant to get invites! On all of my toons, I joined those that just felt best theme-wise, and I've never had any problems what so ever to get into groups. There's one condition, though: you have to be good enough to have something to show for it.
    Of course, at a certain point you have to be optimal to complete the content, so if you want to raid Mythic, it's your decision to make: either get "boring" stats and minmax, or concede that you don't belong at this level. The way this game is made, there are always some sacrifices to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    RNG is RNG. I feel for you, I get frustrated at times when there is a specific drop that just never drops. But that's how this works - it would make raiding completely pointless if you got everything you wanted on your first kill of everything.

You mean two pieces of loot for 40 people? How was that best?
    RNG is indeed RNG, but it is also a question of balance. Like not having too many items on the droplist from bosses, who might not have very high chance of dropping anything to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    Classic loot worked the best. They changed it because they were lazy to deal with problems instead of proper fixing
    2 drops per 40 players, which means in a 20 man raid each boss drops 1 item instead of 5. And remove the weekly chest.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    You're not forced to do anything; I always feel like people exaggerate those things. Same story this expansion: Oh the cries before launch that you will be forced to join particular covenant to get invites! On all of my toons, I joined those that just felt best theme-wise, and I've never had any problems what so ever to get into groups. There's one condition, though: you have to be good enough to have something to show for it.
    Of course, at a certain point you have to be optimal to complete the content, so if you want to raid Mythic, it's your decision to make: either get "boring" stats and minmax, or concede that you don't belong at this level. The way this game is made, there are always some sacrifices to make.
    My point still stands that you couldn't really minmax corruptions pre vendor. The whole mechanic felt far more fun that way, but well I got my Twilight Devastations quite early. The same will happen to covenants in 9.1.5 - people will now expect you to use your bis covenant and conduits for raid/m+/pvp/ aswell as your bis covenant for progress bosses / specific dungeons because you really have no excuse anymore.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    My point still stands that you couldn't really minmax corruptions pre vendor. The whole mechanic felt far more fun that way, but well I got my Twilight Devastations quite early. The same will happen to covenants in 9.1.5 - people will now expect you to use your bis covenant and conduits for raid/m+/pvp/ aswell as your bis covenant for progress bosses / specific dungeons because you really have no excuse anymore.
    Whether it feels more fun depends on your point of view. For you and me - maybe; but for that guy who actually wants to be up top and can't because of RNG? That sucks, man! You and me, we always have a choice to just forfeit min-maxing even when it's possible. What about him, though? Sucks being better at your class than the next guy and not getting invites because you were unlucky with shard drops (happened for multiple players in this tier's race to world first).

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    2 drops per 40 players, which means in a 20 man raid each boss drops 1 item instead of 5. And remove the weekly chest.
    I'm not talking about the quanity jesus christ. Just remove personal loot. I don't know what's wrong with classic loot style what we had before until WoD I suppose.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    What facts and data are those? There have been a ton of people throwing out different % player lost but no one ever actually sites any sort of facts or data.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    I'm not talking about the quanity jesus christ. Just remove personal loot. I don't know what's wrong with classic loot style what we had before until WoD I suppose.
    I guess it didn't stretch player subs enough, at least not to the level desired by management.

And tbh the issue is quite simple. Keep personal loot as the default option; however, if the group has e.g. >75% members from the same guild, enable master loot. This way, pugs are safe from abusive raid leaders, and organised groups (guildies & friends) can still optimise their runs.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    new update:

28 kills in nm and hc on nerzhul and sylvanas combined, still never seen at least 1 dagger drop...INSANE... and no, plz do not tell me to do m+ or pvp, bcs I have 2 dagger from mythic+, but point of this post is how loots drop really sucks in sl...do not wanna even mention double rng which youi need for both dagger to drop for you in raid....

be a sport and link those data, or admit you are full of shit (btw "some youtuber said so" are not data...)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cronight View Post
    new update:

28 kills in nm and hc on nerzhul and sylvanas combined, still never seen at least 1 dagger drop...INSANE... and no, plz do not tell me to do m+ or pvp, bcs I have 2 dagger from mythic+, but point of this post is how loots drop really sucks in sl...do not wanna even mention double rng which youi need for both dagger to drop for you in raid....
    seems like you didnt even read half of the comments, but i guess you want echo chamber for your petty rage, not reality check...

you are UNLUCKY, thats it, and its no different from past, read comments to get a lot of examples