Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cronight View Post
    ok...lets see... 7nm and 7hc ner zhul kills...0 daggers drop...7nm and 4hc sylvanas kills...0 daggers drop...so overall 25 kills, 0 daggers drop, and ofc I am class who dual wield, so I need 2 drops...so comon blizz at least bring back bonus loot rolls since I dont give a fck about gv....
    People for some reason did not like Titanforging anymore.

Now we are back to the rare / classic / vanilla like drop system.

This is what (some) people wanted back, because MORE LOOT (of lesser quality 99%) = BAD, and relying on a RARE RNG DROP = GOOD. :>

Pushing the streamer agenada mid BfA, because they lacked content and made up some bullshit for THE COMMUNITY - they dont belong anymore (FF14), was clearly not a good idea and I am glad that threads like this pop up, because it was a given that we are getting back to this.
    -

ive yet to have a chest or bracer domination piece.. been fullclearing since week 2. beend oing both normal hc and halfway throu mythic.

but no luck yet... those 2 last non-set shards lies useless in inventory.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    I'm not talking about the quanity jesus christ. Just remove personal loot. I don't know what's wrong with classic loot style what we had before until WoD I suppose.
    Generally when you "don't know" something the goal should be to remain silent and read/listen rather than advertising ignorance.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Best system: kill boss, loot drops, dont like loot? Get token, get enough tokens, go to vendor buy what you want. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Generally when you "don't know" something the goal should be to remain silent and read/listen rather than advertising ignorance.
    "don't know" implies that I don't know why it was changed, not that I don't know that or if this was the right way. So generally when you "don't know" what you're quoting, you rather ask before adverstising bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    Best system: kill boss, loot drops, dont like loot? Get token, get enough tokens, go to vendor buy what you want. Repeat.
    This is it right here but that doesn't keep subs drawn out and stretched for several months at a time and people will pretend what we have right now isn't just an invisible Titanforging system where loot actually dropping now has about the same chance of appearing as a Titanforged piece in BfA M+ and Raids did, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    big difference when u need a specific item, or just an item
    still blizz did flat out state they nerfed drop rate this exp to 'compensate' for remove of the already fucked up idea of gear proc titanforge or corruption
    Also didn't classic have a lot more drop rate? did u use dkp system or just random roll on item? because no way it didn't drop for 8 months in classic
    We used DKP, and not a single pair dropped for that time. When they finally dropped, all the hunters had thousands of DKP to spend and bid everything for the 8 set bonus. Usually items went for like 50-100 DKP. Can't remember the numbers exactly, it's been 15ish years :grin:
    And they didn't have "higher droprate". Think about this this way. 8 classes, 2 drops per boss, 40 man raid. All shoulders dropped from Chromaggus.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    This is it right here but that doesn't keep subs drawn out and stretched for several months at a time and people will pretend what we have right now isn't just an invisible Titanforging system where loot actually dropping now has about the same chance of appearing as a Titanforged piece in BfA M+ and Raids did, lol.
    The whole topic with subs drawn out is nonsense. This is an MMO in the first place, playing the game regularly for more than just 1-2 weeks should be the norm and the goal with each content.

If you dont want any kind of grind in gearing or story progression, what is the point of playing this MMO? You want a single player game for a few hours of game play, go ahead and play fantasy single player games, there are much better for that as WoW could ever be.

Titanforging was at least allowing even casual players with every content some timegated gear progression and the very least USABLE GEAR for every slot. Thats not what streamers demanded that people want. Now enjoy the current system, since that what "we" wanted?!

As a regular average gamer, I got BiS / max-ilvl with RAID-OR-DIE, with Titanforging and even with the current VAULT lottery. But I see the impact on casual gamers and its pretty obvious how much worse it is since TF is gone. The gap between players doing higher content and the casuals who still play a lot over time is even now huge but will only get larger if we get finally tier sets, with hopefully stupid broken buffs, to get back to the idiotic game version that was WoD with empty servers and raiding guilds canceling raiding because of zero replacements for the raid pool.
    -

10+ Year Old Account

Unlucky or just bad design...

38 kills between Nerzhul and Sylvanas on nm and hc...never ever see dagger drop...also every week all 3 raid slots full in gv...only once see dagger in gv...also this is not about dagger drop overall (m+ or some other sources)...this is only about issue drop in raid...and do not tell me I am so unlucky, bcs after 38 kills and not see at least 1 dagger drop (ofc I need 2 ) is totally bad and shitty design...PLZ BRING BACK BONUS LOOT ROLL!!!...

We've had this thread a gazillion times already. Yes, with millions of players, some will encounter unlucky streaks. THAT IS JUST HOW RANDOMNESS WORKS AND ALWAYS HAS AND ALWAYS WILL. Randomness is the ONLY thing that keeps looting interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    We've had this thread a gazillion times already. Yes, with millions of players, some will encounter unlucky streaks. THAT IS JUST HOW RANDOMNESS WORKS AND ALWAYS HAS AND ALWAYS WILL.
    but it is totally bs and you know that...

but it is totally bs and you know that...
    no it isn't. This is how loot has been since the glory days of Vanilla where everyone bows down and sucks the devs back then. This whole "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I didn't get bis dagger" is just bullshit in of itself. Guess what it happens, there are other weapons you can use that are not going to destroy your dps, get over it.

38 kills between Nerzhul and Sylvanas on nm and hc...never ever see dagger drop...also every week all 3 raid slots full in gv...only once see dagger in gv...also this is not about dagger drop overall (m+ or some other sources)...this is only about issue drop in raid...and do not tell me I am so unlucky, bcs after 38 kills and not see at least 1 dagger drop (ofc I need 2 ) is totally bad and shitty design...PLZ BRING BACK BONUS LOOT ROLL!!!...
    Yeah, Blizzard totally thinks "You see that cronight guy? Fuck him up, he won't get a dagger ever again and will only get rings or cloaks". RNG is RNG.

you cried for meningfull loot during the whole bfa, you got what you asked for

Quote Originally Posted by Gourbaak View Post
    you cried for meningfull loot during the whole bfa, you got what you asked for
    This expac shows that, regarding loot, people want fried ice and complain that it's not feasible. But hey, look at how meaningful it will be when the OP will get a dagger!
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2021-09-22 at 06:30 PM.

All I can say is thank fuck for the weekly cache. It took me 26 mythic SoD kills before I even got 1 piece of loot drop for myself (now 1 loot out of 34 kills). But in that time I got 4 pieces of mythic SoD loot from the cache.

you have to remember that it's random... it pretty much comes with the territory. I hope your luck turns around though

10+ Year Old Account

You made this thread almost 30 days ago. I guess you got your answer.

You're unlucky. And you're a whiner. The only thing totally bad and shitty in design in this thread, again.

Yeah sometimes you get unlucky. Not sure what else you want to hear.

Maybe do some m+ as well and hope for a weapon from there? It's not like you only have 1 option. Might be slightly worse, but it's always something.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Pure bad design, and that's a fact.

If I didn't kill Sylvanas and do M+ I wouldn't have any daggers also. It's really bad to have a one dagger dropping(with a normal drop chance) from a boss.

Rogues needs 2 daggers and only one boss drops it with normal drop chance(which is LOW anyway). So yeah, that's a bad design. Rogues(assassination and subtlety) have it worst from all classes. No class has just one drop from the first 9 bosses and needs 2 items in their weapon category.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2021-09-22 at 07:13 PM.