Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    This expac shows that, regarding loot, people want fried ice and complain that it's not feasible. But hey, look at how meaningful it will be when the OP will get a dagger!
    I just want Bonusrolls back asap.
    GV is a horrible design. I get nearly no raidloot, m+ loot from dungeon chest is to low and the upgrade system capped at 246 (yay...). So when i log in an go raiding, i know "hey there is a real low chance to get loot" - unfun. when i play m+ i know "hey you wont use any of that loot". I just play to fill my GV frustration with 2-5 options and have to hope that i wont get garbage to pick at least 1 upgrade.

As mentioned before its a horrible design.
    If Blizzard dont want to bring back Bonusrolls for Raidencounters, bonusrolls to exchange 1 offer from the great vault to another random offer would help a little. But right now the complete system is unfun (to me). btw i never wanted "meaningful loot" i was quite happy with wf/tf and corruption with vendor was fun!
    Last edited by Bee76; 2021-09-22 at 06:52 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Por que no los dos?

It can be both you being unlucky, and bad design on Blizz's part by stubbornly refusing to give players any kind of bad luck currency. We've asked for badge vendors to return for how many expansions now, yet they never do it.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Terrible design. I am still pissed off that I didn't get the trinket Cunning of the Cruel out Dragon Soul back in Cata. Out of 158 potential boss drops, the trinket dropped 2x's, one time I rolled somewhere in the 70s and the other time I rolled a robust 95 only to lose to a 97. I don't even raid, I hate raiding. The only reason I ran Dragon Soul so many times was because the trinket was a 100% must for pugs in RBGs. Groups would rather take a 1500 rated under-geared warlock with the trinket than a 1900 rated warlock in full conquest gear without the trinket. Not getting the trinket kept me from progressing in RBGs. And even though more than 10 years have passed, I am not pissed off about it and refused to grind content I hate for a drop that may or may not happen.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cronight View Post
    but it is totally bs and you know that...
    What’s bs is your reasoning behind making a 2nd thread about that stupid dagger https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-loot-o-really

Currently playing BC, guild has done Gruul every week since launch and we’ve never seen DST drop. Random is random. Deal with it

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Por que no los dos?

It can be both you being unlucky, and bad design on Blizz's part by stubbornly refusing to give players any kind of bad luck currency. We've asked for badge vendors to return for how many expansions now, yet they never do it.
    Because running heroics everybody hates for the umpteenth time was so good design.

Also, the failure here is to assume you NEED two of your BiS weapons. You don't. They're an upgrade, sure, but thinking to need them is a you problem, not a problem with the game.

Pretty sure raids drop a lot less loot compared to past expansions (barring BfA) because they assume you will get one guaranteed loot per week from GV and there is M+. This may look "normal" given raids used to be the only source of loot where as we now have three different sources and it's only fair if they compensate for M+ and GV but the problem is, GV drops a lot of useless crap and M+ loot isn't always upgrade.

They over engineer everything into soulless slot machine systems.

Personal loot is absolutely FUCKED. Probably the worst loot design the game has ever seen. I'd be completely fine if I lost out on a /roll because the item ACTUALLY DROPPED. Now you see maybe 1 or 2 items for a full raid from a boss, and everyone else gets an unbelievably disrespectful 60 gold. When inflation is the worst it's ever been, why in God's green Earth do we only get 60g as compensation?

Bringing bonus rolls back would just bring the same wining that RNG still hadn't gone in your favor.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Personal loot is absolutely FUCKED. Probably the worst loot design the game has ever seen. I'd be completely fine if I lost out on a /roll because the item ACTUALLY DROPPED. Now you see maybe 1 or 2 items for a full raid from a boss, and everyone else gets an unbelievably disrespectful 60 gold. When inflation is the worst it's ever been, why in God's green Earth do we only get 60g as compensation?
    The number of items that drops is based on the raid size, and is roughly around what would have dropped normally.

The gold from a boss kill has never been notable.

ok...lets see... 7nm and 7hc ner zhul kills...0 daggers drop...7nm and 4hc sylvanas kills...0 daggers drop...so overall 25 kills, 0 daggers drop, and ofc I am class who dual wield, so I need 2 drops...so comon blizz at least bring back bonus loot rolls since I dont give a fck about gv....
    The Blizz rng is terrible and has been for a long time. I received the same cloak 5 weeks in a row from the vault after full clears.

How is that real rng?

If they are using rng- the odds of that would be insane......... Not the first time. I received the same pants from the mission table seven weeks in a row in WOD.

There is no true rng on machines. Machines do not grasp the concept of "random." You use a program to simulate randomness.

Whatever program Blizz is using to simulate randomness is terrible and way out dated (compare it to rng in more modern games). They should burn it and whoever created should not be let near computers again.

They also rely on rng in their game way, way, way too much. What gear drops in the dungeon= rng, the raid= rng, the loot box= rng, what conduit would drop = rng, world boss = rng, I would imagine even which world quest are up = rng, rewards on wq = rng (If you play multiple alts you will see diff rewards on the same quest), mount drops = rng......... I could go on but really everything in the game is rng.....

When too many things are rng- playing the game does not feel rewarding because you never know if you are just wasting your time (nothing will drop all night) or you get a pinata (multiple drops in same night). Not everything should be rng there should be things you work for where you know you will get a nice reward for it- that makes the game feel worthwhile and fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    You made this thread almost 30 days ago. I guess you got your answer.

You're unlucky. And you're a whiner. The only thing totally bad and shitty in design in this thread, again.
    19 sylvanas kill on nm and hc...0 drops at all...and you will tell me that is not bad design and just rng...maybe I am whiner but you are cluless...

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    Bringing bonus rolls back would just bring the same wining that RNG still hadn't gone in your favor.

The number of items that drops is based on the raid size, and is roughly around what would have dropped normally.

The gold from a boss kill has never been notable.
    Clearly you haven't raided very long because the gold rates were an order of magnitude higher back in the day.

And no, it's not roughly around what would have dropped normally. It's substantially less.

10+ Year Old Account
    19 sylvanas kill on nm and hc...0 drops at all...and you will tell me that is not bad design and just rng...maybe I am whiner but you are cluless...

You are the clueless one. Because between your last thread complaining about this supposed issue, you have done literally nothing else in terms of options of getting gear. You instead purposely pigeon hole yourself by doing 1 thing and 1 thing only, as you complained about back in your thread about "take the player, not the class" (that went down in flames horribly for you, by the way) we see that you don't regularly raid. The gap between the amount of times you are able to kill bosses versus the amount of times you actually kill them is staggering, yet insist to complain that it's bad design.

This is your fault.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-09-22 at 08:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are the clueless one. Because between your last thread complaining about this supposed issue, you have done literally nothing else in terms of options of getting gear. You instead purposely pigeon hole yourself by doing 1 thing and 1 thing only, as you complained about back in your thread about "take the player, not the class" (that went down in flames horribly for you, by the way) yet insist to complain that it's bad design.

This is your fault.
    are you fckn kidding me now... I wrote I had 2m+ 236 daggers, but point of this post is BAD DESIGN about loot drops in raid...you are really stupid one...

10+ Year Old Account
    are you fckn kidding me now... I wrote I had 2m+ 236 daggers, but point of this post is BAD DESIGN about loot drops in raid...you are really stupid one...

"it's bad design and you are stupid" is the crux of your argument... again. You literally said the dagger has dropped in your groups, just not for you. So because it hasn't dropped for you... it's bad design.

10+ Year Old Account
    "it's bad design and you are stupid" is the crux of your argument... again. You literally said the dagger has dropped in your groups, just not for you. So because it hasn't dropped for you... it's bad design.
    not gonna spend 1 more word on you...your iq is lower then temperature in frozen chamber...

your iq is lower then
    X
    D

In other words, thanks for the irony. Dear diary, today an item dropped but not for meeee, but but but I'm entitled to this loot!

not gonna spend 1 more word on you...your iq is lower then temperature in frozen chamber...
    mmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm. That they're is some tasty irony two. Almost as delicious as the synonym rolls grammar used to make.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    this is why badges should come back... you will get something useful 100% of the time from a boss kill and can save up for items that RNG just hates you on.
    So you could buy shit normal level items that no one actually wanted.

Wait, don't we have basically the same system now? You can up your shit items from m0/m+ to equally bad heroic level items.
    (normal items in wotlk = heroic items in SL)

Badge items in WotLK = m+ gear upgraded via valor in terms of ilvl. To be precise valor gear is slightly better than badge gear was.

ok...lets see... 7nm and 7hc ner zhul kills...0 daggers drop...7nm and 4hc sylvanas kills...0 daggers drop...so overall 25 kills, 0 daggers drop, and ofc I am class who dual wield, so I need 2 drops...so comon blizz at least bring back bonus loot rolls since I dont give a fck about gv....
    25 kills are some real rookie numbers...
    I've gone all difficulties, including LFR, for combined HUNDREDS of kills without a specific item ever drop.. And has happened since way back in cataclysm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    This is just flat out lies...
    If you go into a raid, normal, heroic or mythic, key word being "full raid from a boss", your own words.
    There will ALWAYS be 4 drops... Not 1 or maybe 2... ALWAYS 4...
    So imagine the item you wanted dropped for someone else and you lost the roll...
    It works exactly as before, only difference being able to funnel gear and before you bring out "but it's always useful for someone", yeh, i remember fondly having multiple bows dropping or 2h swords and nobody could use them.

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    So you could buy shit normal level items that no one actually wanted.

Wait, don't we have basically the same system now? You can up your shit items from m0/m+ to equally bad heroic level items.
    (normal items in wotlk = heroic items in SL)

Badge items in WotLK = m+ gear upgraded via valor in terms of ilvl. To be precise valor gear is slightly better than badge gear was.
    implies the player is running M+.... and limits the reward to M+ vs all boss kills in raids/5mans/M+....
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22