Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Can they possibly make LFR loot not viewable by others?

Ok I just got done doing Sylvansas on LFR. Apparently the group had been...in trouble aka 7 stacks of Determination, but when I chimed in on how the 2nd phase works, we one shot it (They didnt know certain adds triggered the bridges).

I go and loot the chest and YAY Haste Vers Shoulders for my Prot Paladin. That was a big upgrade for me. I Equip my shoulders and Then I get this Warrior whispering me

"Dude, Give me those shoulders"
    "Um...no They're an upgrade"
    "Fuck you bro, I been here since the 1st pull and I deserve them more than some fucking scrub who comes in on their 1st pull"

That kinda got to me. Yes, I'm in LFR, but this is one of my 12 alts. I raid mythic on my Havoc Demon Hunter, Heroic on my DH and my Blood DK, Normal on my BM hunter and Prot Warrior, LFR on the rest. Then, when im about to whisper him back... I got this tell.

"Cmon stop being a selfish prick, you already have them equipped, so give me the ones you just got"

I often joke that the IQ of LFR is so low that you could give a mechanics test to a LFR Player, a Rock, and 2 candy Bracelets, and the rock and bracelets would score higher, but this... this was something else. How could I logically loot a piece of Raid Finder Gear and have that same raid finder piece equipped at the same time when this is the 1st week this boss has been available.. my mind just... it went 30 miles a second trying to find the logical steps this person could come to.

I just left the group...but then I got this whisper

"Fuck you R@%$ARD, Go KILL YOURSELF! I hope your dog dies of cancer you fuck"

I sighed and just put him on ignore. Cause I know blizzard cant handle their own harassment internally how the fuck are they going to handle players harassing other players.

God damn this game has become so Toxic. November aka Endwalker, cannot get here soon enough.

/r have a nice day
    /ignore <harasser>

If it really bothers you the trick is to not loot anything and just let whatever drops be automatically mailed to you later.

10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds like you really don't care about discussing the topic. You kind of summed up your opinion on the community and the real reason why you wanted to post this.

Sounds like the time I ran LFR Soulrender with my friend gearing his shaman.
    Domination boots drop, I insta trade them to my friend and leave the group. I did something like 40% of total damage, wasn't in the mood to stick around.
    A random from the LFR proceeded to whisper me repeatedly for the boots, for an entire hour.
    At least he wasn't as rude as your guy OP.

Yeah its super annoying people just whisper spamming you for your drops when you can quite easily link said item in chat if you did want to give it away.

But the problem is the community, its trash tier in this game where Im not even sure most people even enjoy playing it anymore.

I mean you shouldnt get that frustrated with a game you're whispering a random wishing cancer on their dog but thats the WoW community for you. Whales and people addicted playing because of sunk cost fallacy

Bet the other guy just wanted them for mog.

If you think LFR is bad, try barging in on someone attempting to corner the AH mark with certain items (especially base legendary items). I don't report people very often, but usually when I engage in 'AH battles' the people I deal with are... well, quite unstable. When they start hopping to their 4th or 5th alt to continue their empty death threats after you've ignored the previous 3, that's going a little too far.

I don't want to devolve into the entire discussion of how Blizz is mostly at fault for the current situation due to the changes to the game over time, but until they can get their butts back in gear... I wouldn't be opposed to LFR not announcing who got loot, or at least having the option to do so. Ironically enough, that probably wouldn't solve everything; I know there are people who bot responses to try to gear themselves out in LFR, which would likely result in every member being spammed every boss kill instead. It would potentially solve the issue of the people who are actually targeting whispers with malice towards those that don't comply because not actually knowing who got the pieces makes the venture a larger waste of time. However, it's still just a small bandage over a large, festering wound that needs much more attention in general. Still a better use of time versus disabling/changing benign emotes.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

>one bad experience
    >that you let happen, you let him keep shit-talking you instead of just putting him on ignore
    >"UGH THIS COMMUNITY IS SO TOXIC UGH I CAN'T WAIT FOR (competing MMO) TO COME OUT"

Nice bait thread OP
    Last edited by anon5123; 2021-08-24 at 09:32 PM.

I've had that happen. Doesn't mean squat what they say to me. Words from a total random will never, ever bother me. I just laugh and let them go on and on. People do go full crazy sometimes. Hell been times I didn't get pretty much anything and oh well another time is how I look at it. I'm not going to bother someone to try and get them to give me their loot.

It was originally like that in WoD....everyone hated it cause it felt like nothing dropped

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    When they start hopping to their 4th or 5th alt to continue their empty death threats after you've ignored the previous 3, that's going a little too far.
    This has been fixed for a couple of years now. If you ignore one character, no character from that account can wisper your character anymore. They can only wisper your other characters if they know them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Bet the other guy just wanted them for mog.
    I was going to say, why would anyone care that much about LFR loot and that's as someone who would be doing LFR if doing group content.

Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    I was going to say, why would anyone care that much about LFR loot and that's as someone who would be doing LFR if doing group content.
    You'd be surprised how badly someone wants even the littlest bit of gear, transmog or no.

Stuff like that just takes the wind out of your sails.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Just left the poor guys alone... They are doing LFR, the most anti-social way to actually raid in this game, and if someone wants items from LFR to use them, then they're beyond help.

(considering that there are plenty of other, less dull, ways to obtain better items)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    ....Apparently the group had been...in trouble aka 7 stacks of Determination....
    Aaaah the memories of LFR.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you pulled that shit in Final Fantasy XIV, you'd be permanently banned.

And by "that shit", I mean throwing abusive language at someone who won loot, begging them to relinquish the gear they won, then calling them ableist slurs, telling them to kill themselves and wishing cancer upon their pets when they don't cave in.

Blizzard stopped giving a fuck when they started automating their shitty report systems and laying off staff to make savings for Bobby Kotick's new yacht.

Of course Blizzard can't look after themselves internally. They're like the washed-up rockstar that turns up 3 hours late to a gig off their faces on cocaine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds totally not made up and absolutely happened.

But if it bothers you so much then just dont loot, youll get it in mailbox. Problem solved.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

7+ Year Old Account
    glad i didnt do lfr for a few years now looks like nothing has changed at all only thing that can get me in there is actually useful a set bonus not this stuff we have now thou

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    Ok I just got done doing Sylvansas on LFR. Apparently the group had been...in trouble aka 7 stacks of Determination, but when I chimed in on how the 2nd phase works, we one shot it (They didnt know certain adds triggered the bridges).

I go and loot the chest and YAY Haste Vers Shoulders for my Prot Paladin. That was a big upgrade for me. I Equip my shoulders and Then I get this Warrior whispering me

"Dude, Give me those shoulders"
    "Um...no They're an upgrade"
    "Fuck you bro, I been here since the 1st pull and I deserve them more than some fucking scrub who comes in on their 1st pull"

That kinda got to me. Yes, I'm in LFR, but this is one of my 12 alts. I raid mythic on my Havoc Demon Hunter, Heroic on my DH and my Blood DK, Normal on my BM hunter and Prot Warrior, LFR on the rest. Then, when im about to whisper him back... I got this tell.

"Cmon stop being a selfish prick, you already have them equipped, so give me the ones you just got"

I often joke that the IQ of LFR is so low that you could give a mechanics test to a LFR Player, a Rock, and 2 candy Bracelets, and the rock and bracelets would score higher, but this... this was something else. How could I logically loot a piece of Raid Finder Gear and have that same raid finder piece equipped at the same time when this is the 1st week this boss has been available.. my mind just... it went 30 miles a second trying to find the logical steps this person could come to.

I just left the group...but then I got this whisper

"Fuck you R@%$ARD, Go KILL YOURSELF! I hope your dog dies of cancer you fuck"

I sighed and just put him on ignore. Cause I know blizzard cant handle their own harassment internally how the fuck are they going to handle players harassing other players.

God damn this game has become so Toxic. November aka Endwalker, cannot get here soon enough.
    They are just pixels on a screen. Ignore them and move on.