View Poll Results: Do you think Alterac's remnants and the Defias Brotherhood should join the Horde?»

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, probably

    19 26.76%
  • No, probably not

    46 64.79%
  • Other / Not sure / It's complicated

    6 8.45%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Even if they may not be fond of the other kingdoms I doubt that alteraci would be fond of undeads more than of their living brethren, and the Syndicate has made it clear that they aren't going to be friendly with the orcs and even less the Forsaken.

    Also with everything that happened in the region I wouldn't be surprised if a good portion of Alterac's population went south to Stormwind to flee from the Syndicate which is surely not liked by the smallfolk, the Scourge and the Forsaken much like Lordaeron's survivors. It's also not impossible that those who didn't agree with Aiden Perenolde's cowardly and despisable actions and fought alongside Stromgarde's army to stop the Horde reinforcements to Capital City may have gotten a pardon or better treatment than the others.

  2. #22
    Legendary! Zuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    6,484
    If WoW 2 ever becomes a thing they'll have the opportunity to properly implement Alterac into the game. The BG is fine, but what we can visit in the overworld is just pitiful. So pitiful it ceased to be a zone of its own in Cataclysm, as it was annexed into Hillsbrad.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

  3. #23
    Besides I doubt that the members of the Defias Brotherhood have a good opinion of orcs since the orcs are the reason Stormwind had to be rebuilt in the first and that all the members of the Stonemason Guild certainely witnessed the Horde's invasion of their homeland and lost their homes and for many of them friends and family to the orcs.

  4. #24
    Alreac humans for the horde

  5. #25
    IDK, those are the groups I'd see more as Independent rather than joining the Horde, and that's mostly because they wouldn't join out of friendship, but out of convenience.

    That was an issue the Vulpera had and their recruitment addressed. Sure they didn't have many resources to bring with them, but they did bring their friendship. On contrast, the Forsaken and Blood Elves brought many resources to the Horde, both in terms of knowledge, and footholds.

    So unless the Horde/Forsaken "annex" the remains of Alterac's remmnants and its people are allowed to become part of the Horde, they really do not bring resources, territories, or friendship. Why would the Horde make a deal that has no gain for them, diplomatically speaking?

    The Defias Brotherhood is even a worse deal, because it would only serve to rekindle faction war, with no gain for the Horde except the damage they could cause Stormwind. It would only work if ANOTHER faction war starts.

    In a cold war scenario, both groups present no strategic value to the Horde. It would only serve to spend Horde resources and further hostilities with the alliance, which would lead to more reprisal. Just a bad deal.

    Note, I don't say this as someone that doesn't want the Human Model on the Horde. I think that could happen, but it would have to be an scenario where the Horde occupies Alterac and the Syndicate would rather join than to fight a loosing war, or a group like the Fogsail Bucaneers who have already fought for the Horde, and would help the Horde secure maritime routes, specially after the destruction of the zandalari golden armada.

    Point is, there's no much value in the deal for the Horde.

  6. #26
    i choosed option 3, cause at this stage/state of the game, lore wise i REALLY completely give a fuck. and i read all the books and play since 2005 without interruption. but after what they did with story and lore in wow, i really dont care anymore. sad but true.

  7. #27
    Titan Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    11,471
    Joining the Horde? No, take advantage of the lost of Lordaeron to try to take it for themselves or at least, get some "contract" to work for the Horde to rebuild part of Lordaeron with the caveat that they will also take an area for themselves.

  8. #28
    Herald of the Titans Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,576
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    IDK, those are the groups I'd see more as Independent rather than joining the Horde, and that's mostly because they wouldn't join out of friendship, but out of convenience.

    That was an issue the Vulpera had and their recruitment addressed. Sure they didn't have many resources to bring with them, but they did bring their friendship. On contrast, the Forsaken and Blood Elves brought many resources to the Horde, both in terms of knowledge, and footholds.

    So unless the Horde/Forsaken "annex" the remains of Alterac's remmnants and its people are allowed to become part of the Horde, they really do not bring resources, territories, or friendship. Why would the Horde make a deal that has no gain for them, diplomatically speaking?

    The Defias Brotherhood is even a worse deal, because it would only serve to rekindle faction war, with no gain for the Horde except the damage they could cause Stormwind. It would only work if ANOTHER faction war starts.

    In a cold war scenario, both groups present no strategic value to the Horde. It would only serve to spend Horde resources and further hostilities with the alliance, which would lead to more reprisal. Just a bad deal.

    Note, I don't say this as someone that doesn't want the Human Model on the Horde. I think that could happen, but it would have to be an scenario where the Horde occupies Alterac and the Syndicate would rather join than to fight a loosing war, or a group like the Fogsail Bucaneers who have already fought for the Horde, and would help the Horde secure maritime routes, specially after the destruction of the zandalari golden armada.

    Point is, there's no much value in the deal for the Horde.
    some Alteraci can work as sleeper agents and spies on the Alliance; also Alterac can be a strategic point/blockade against the Alliance's attempt to advance towards Lordaeron and Quel'thalas
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

    I make Warcraft 3 Reforged custom models that intends to fill the gaps in the Reforged campaign

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    some Alteraci can work as sleeper agents and spies on the Alliance; also Alterac can be a strategic point/blockade against the Alliance's attempt to advance towards Lordaeron and Quel'thalas
    IDK, I get the impression by Shaw that the alliance isn't short on spies on "Exploring Azeroth", and even if the alteraci joined the Horde, they would be the most conspicuos choice for a spy.

    As for the strategic value of Alterac, considering that Tarren Mill is still under forsaken control, it's kinda just in between. Like the passage between Lordamere Lake and WPL has value, but I would say that Alterac itself is up the mountain.

    IDK, it's just that being in the middle of Forsaken territory, it doesn't seem to hold any strategic value. And I don't think Alterac could barter a deal with the Forsaken and the Horde without being just easier to kill them.

    My issue is that Alterac really has nothing much to offer the Horde BUT the defensive position of the city, but then that just leads me to believe it would be easier for the Forsaken to annex Alterac, so in that case it might work in favor of playable humans for the Horde, but it could also just be the Forsaken clearing out the Syndicate and resettling the area themselves.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    also the Alliance got the Horde's most popular race so the Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return otherwise it will be extremely unfair
    Excuse me, is this a funny copy pasta ?
    Which race are you talking about ?

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Excuse me, is this a funny copy pasta ?
    Which race are you talking about ?
    He's talking about the Blood Elves, of course since Void Elves aren't that popular to begin and that it was shown that some blood elves didn't agree with their leader's decision to join the Horde, which cannot be said for humans as no human has ever been a member or wanted to be a member of the Horde I don't think that there is a big comparison between the two nor that alteraci humans would be much popular either.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    He's talking about the Blood Elves, of course since Void Elves aren't that popular to begin and that it was shown that some blood elves didn't agree with their leader's decision to join the Horde, which cannot be said for humans as no human has ever been a member or wanted to be a member of the Horde I don't think that there is a big comparison between the two nor that alteraci humans would be much popular either.
    Yeah that's weird.

    Plus isn't that the other way around ? Horde having the elves, a popular race of the Alliance ?

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Yeah that's weird.

    Plus isn't that the other way around ? Horde having the elves, a popular race of the Alliance ?
    It's more like that, while on the other way none of the Horde races in Warcraft 2 or 3 has ever become a full member of the Alliance.

  14. #34
    Technically the forsaken are a "human race", nathanos is literally a human.
    Instead i think it would make more sense to make something like the night warrior thing in nelves, and make the horde be able to make undead human like nathanos or the scholomance bosses as a forsaken customization.
    Ally got most popular horde race, horde get most popular ally race, but both are a bit scuffed i guess
    (i think icyveins posted an article some time ago and nelves were a bit more popular than humans)

  15. #35
    Bloodsail Admiral elbleuet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    alterac was part of the horde en WC2
    Allied with the Horde. Not part of it.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  16. #36
    Herald of the Titans Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,576
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Yeah that's weird.

    Plus isn't that the other way around ? Horde having the elves, a popular race of the Alliance ?
    but the Alliance didn't have Thalassians in Classic and the Horde got them first; and now the Alliance got the uncorrupted Thalassian RP customizations I want living humans for the Horde
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

    I make Warcraft 3 Reforged custom models that intends to fill the gaps in the Reforged campaign

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Allied with the Horde. Not part of it.
    and the forsaken are allies of convenience of the horde according to the lore but they are a playable race, the zandalari empire are also allies of the horde but they are a playable race. alterac forces as horde allies attacked alliance forces in wc2
    the horde needs alterac humans to be complete

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    IDK, I get the impression by Shaw that the alliance isn't short on spies on "Exploring Azeroth", and even if the alteraci joined the Horde, they would be the most conspicuos choice for a spy.

    As for the strategic value of Alterac, considering that Tarren Mill is still under forsaken control, it's kinda just in between. Like the passage between Lordamere Lake and WPL has value, but I would say that Alterac itself is up the mountain.

    IDK, it's just that being in the middle of Forsaken territory, it doesn't seem to hold any strategic value. And I don't think Alterac could barter a deal with the Forsaken and the Horde without being just easier to kill them.

    My issue is that Alterac really has nothing much to offer the Horde BUT the defensive position of the city, but then that just leads me to believe it would be easier for the Forsaken to annex Alterac, so in that case it might work in favor of playable humans for the Horde, but it could also just be the Forsaken clearing out the Syndicate and resettling the area themselves.
    The Horde controls Alterac -- or at least capital city at the Ruins of Alterac - as of the Fourth War. To be honest, having lost so much land, the Horde would significantly benefit from a new stronghold and ally in the Eastern Kingdoms, out of sheer necessity if nothing else. Without Sylvanas, her Loyalists, a capital city, several of their outposts, the status of Tirisfal Glades still somewhat vague and unclear...the Forsaken have been weakened considerably. The Alliance has reclaimed Southshore in Hillsbrad, and some parts of Silverpine Forest. That, and Stromgarde belongs to them. Not to mention a very angry Genn Greymane more bent on ever to reclaim his people's homeland, further bolstering the Alliance's forces in the region.

    But if the Syndicates joins, the Alliance is weakened considerably around the Hillsbrad Foothills - they have an outpost against neighboring Stromgarde and the Wildhammers, a way to rebalance their territorial losses.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Rebuilding_Alterac



    And the Defias provides the Deadmines, making that a Horde outpost, and the Horde instantly receives a major stronghold very close to Stormwind City itself, providing them a massive strategic advantage, kind of like a new Theramore relatively close to Orgrimmar and Durotar.

    Regardless - they should join EITHER side. After four to five world-shattering wars, including the last one, that have destroyed so many lives on multiple continents, they should be realistic - they should not hold onto outdated past grudges, but rather take a real stand for themselves - either rejoining their former kin, or finding a new family where they belong.
    Last edited by OwenBurton; 2021-08-31 at 03:43 PM.
    "Always you speak. Never do you listen! You ignore the lessons of Pandaria! You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    but the Alliance didn't have Thalassians in Classic and the Horde got them first; and now the Alliance got the uncorrupted Thalassian RP customizations I want living humans for the Horde
    Weird flex but ok.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Weird flex but ok.
    I'd rather have an equitable trade. Not to derail too much, but I don't think Humans would ever be a good fit for the Horde in any incarnation. Getting a Draenei variant would be much more appropriate. Of all the Alliance races, only the Draenei have the perspective that informs them of how influential the Burning Legion was on the Orcs and that they are unjustly vilified.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •