Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avengerx View Post
    Ugh thats kind of unfair...
    Controllers can be made to work for PCs too right? Maybe they can add that in the next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Friend had a suggestion to get rid of Arrows as ammo. I think that'd be a bit much, but maybe having stacks carry more could be a tradeoff.

I can see how Arrows can be a problem though since they do take up inventory space if you aren't outright scavenging the battlefield for ammo, and inventory for every class is dedicated to charms..
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Also they increased the maximum quiver size from 150 to 250 in the ToD expansion so it's not too crazy to think they could do something similar again.
    Turns out they did increase quiver size again. I'm seeing 350 quivers, IIRC.

---

Sidenote: Seems like they're handling disconnects pretty fairly in D2R so far. I've had 2 disconnects since launch on my online/hardcore chars when I was soloing where monsters were near the edge of the screen but not immediately surrounding me. No death, although maybe my desert mercenary just kicked butt while I was away.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-10-08 at 08:05 PM.

Controllers can be made to work for PCs too right? Maybe they can add that in the next year.
    What would you add? you can freely swap between the mouse and keyboard to using a controller whenever, it just takes whatever you put an input on last and swaps to use that. Controller works just fine on the PC.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    What would you add? you can freely swap between the mouse and keyboard to using a controller whenever, it just takes whatever you put an input on last and swaps to use that. Controller works just fine on the PC.
    Then I don't know why @Avengerx said it was unfair because the mouse and keyboard also have their advantages.

I'll have to personally test out a controller with D2. I haven't before but people seem to be saying positive things.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-10-08 at 08:55 PM.

Then I don't know why @Avengerx said it was unfair because the mouse and keyboard also have their advantages.

I'll have to personally test out a controller with D2. I haven't before but people seem to be saying positive things.
    The main point is that you have 12 skills you can fire inmediately and always available, and it's a huge improvement for builds that use a lot of skills. Also movement os super fluid and i must admit it's very comfortable playing with a controller.

Also the UI is custom made, and well done. Downsides, way too many times i pick up stuff i don't want cause main attack is binded on the A button. Also inventory management is just better using m/k.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    The main point is that you have 12 skills you can fire inmediately and always available, and it's a huge improvement for builds that use a lot of skills. Also movement os super fluid and i must admit it's very comfortable playing with a controller.

Also the UI is custom made, and well done. Downsides, way too many times i pick up stuff i don't want cause main attack is binded on the A button. Also inventory management is just better using m/k.
    I see, so the argument is they've given a little bit too much to controller players overall so they should either nerf or buff one or the other.

I see, so the argument is they've given a little bit too much to controller players overall so they should either nerf or buff one or the other.
    It's not that the game cannot be played with k/m anymore, but it's really very very comfortable and useful one could argue i can use more skills easier woth a controller.

In my experience, both are just fine and some people are making a fuss about something minor imo. Anyway, as an old school d2 player, when i started using the controller consistently i feel very comfortable and it improved the experience.

If they set the actionbar usable also with m/k you'd have the best of both worlds.

My list that needs change:

Barbarian and other melee classes need to use rage/energy or any other than mana.

Ability to bind skill directly and use them from such binds.

Ability to remove gems from item.

More interesting and powerful legendaries

Easier respec.

list goes on....

Make it so you can use abilities on keybinds rather than just swap to it.
    Controller already have it. Nor do I think it would negate any of the gameplay. Will just make it a bit more smooth.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

For the pc version, I would love for diablo 2 to have the same 6 button option for mouse and keyboard as the UI has when you use an Xbox controller (6 buttons).

The Xbox controller works fine for the pc version of Diablo II Resurrected. All you have to do is push a button on it during a game and you can start using it. You can remap it on the skill tree page. I just like the mouse and keyboard a little bit more.

- - - Updated - - -

Turns out they did increase quiver size again. I'm seeing 350 quivers, IIRC.

---

Sidenote: Seems like they're handling disconnects pretty fairly in D2R so far. I've had 2 disconnects since launch on my online/hardcore chars when I was soloing where monsters were near the edge of the screen but not immediately surrounding me. No death, although maybe my desert mercenary just kicked butt while I was away.
    It is really easy to use an xbox controller on the pc for diablo II resurrected. You can key map the abilities on the skill tree page.
    Last edited by Nihilist74; 2021-10-09 at 05:25 PM.

I think they need to completely overhaul the game finding/listing system and allow custom lobbies, it's actually worse than it was in original D2 and offers less functionality. Finding a game can be a truly frustrating experience and it's completely unnecessary. Otherwise I'd like runes/gems to be stackable and splitable, I'd like the chat to be revamped and fixed, along with fixing all the chat bugs.

To the game I would buff some weaker spells/builds/synergies to allow more builds to be viable in mid-late game, because many are great in normal, start to lose value in nightmare and then are just completely outclassed in Hell, to where they are effectively useless even with the best gear. I'd not want them to become super powerful, just less useless. Otherwise I'd also add another 2 shared stashes.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post

Barbarian and other melee classes need to use rage/energy or any other than mana.

Easier respec.

list goes on....
    Mana works fine for the melee classes, just get some mana leech and it works off of damage dealt. Directly binding skills would be cool as it already works that way with a gamepad. You can remove gems from an item, it just costs a Hel rune (which is cheap). The legendaries are already pretty powerful and interesting, many of them have specs/builds where they are outright best or an equal option, what they need is more medium powered Runewords to diversify the mid-late game. Respecs already really easy, you get 3 for free and you can farm them out, if you wanna play multiple builds then level another char, I have 3 barbarians.

Changing the core gameplay mechanics or the overall gameplay trends is not what any changes should do, it's not Diablo 2 if you completely gut the game to modernise it. They should make small tweaks to the overall game, not change the game or disrupt the balance in any meaningful way.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-10-10 at 12:00 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Servers that are stable
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post

Easier respec.

list goes on....
    Wait, why are you playing D2R? Wasn't there no room for "PoE-like" games?

I'd say as a means of QoL, I wouldn't mind if there were an easier way to flash Paladin auras rather than manual swapping. It's a feature already in the game and requires constant hotkey pressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Wait, why are you playing D2R? Wasn't there no room for "PoE-like" games?
    It doesn't mean I wouldn't play them.

I said unfair because it seems players with a controller can technically get all loot that dropped by just pressing a button without you even seeing stuff drop.
    @Coldkill
    How's the aiming with a controller? I mean for skills like Meteor, firewall, assa traps etc?

After some more playing, I'd like some of the Diablo3 cube recipes to be carried over. Like create different set item of that set from an existing item etc. Or like reroll unique of x quality to another one with the same quality. Still wouldn't mind personal loot but probably won't happen.
    Last edited by Avengerx; 2021-10-18 at 11:49 AM.

@Coldkil
    How's the aiming with a controller? I mean for skills like Meteor, firewall, assa traps etc?

After some more playing, I'd like some of the Diablo3 cube recipes to be carried over. Like create different set item of that set from an existing item etc. Or like reroll unique of x quality to another one with the same quality.
    I'd say it's fine. Not perfect but didn't have any issues so far. As for more recipes, some of them you mentioned are existing already (like, you can take a low lvl unique and upgrade it to a better base - the nightmare and hell versions). I can try to add new ones like you mentioned, sets should be pretty easy to do.

I'd say it's fine. Not perfect but didn't have any issues so far. As for more recipes, some of them you mentioned are existing already (like, you can take a low lvl unique and upgrade it to a better base - the nightmare and hell versions). I can try to add new ones like you mentioned, sets should be pretty easy to do.
    Ah yes I know those are in, I'd like to see something like you can cube a base exceptional unique to another base exceptional unique. Got a Flamebellow yesterday as my first "high-end" unique, was pretty sad after it...

Ah yes I know those are in, I'd like to see something like you can cube a base exceptional unique to another base exceptional unique. Got a Flamebellow yesterday as my first "high-end" unique, was pretty sad after it...
    Eh, part of the D2 feeling The actual good stuff is pretty rare if you don't trade. Annihilus (which is the true endgame item) drops only fon Black Diablo, which is a lvl 100 or 110 boss while regular Diablo/Baal are like 75 or 80 iirc. There's literally only 2 builds that can reliably solo it (frenzy barb and pala something).

Anyway, you trigger it by selling a random amount of SoJs to vendors. Good luck getting it solo or even with trading.

Eh, part of the D2 feeling The actual good stuff is pretty rare if you don't trade. Annihilus (which is the true endgame item) drops only fon Black Diablo, which is a lvl 100 or 110 boss while regular Diablo/Baal are like 75 or 80 iirc. There's literally only 2 builds that can reliably solo it (frenzy barb and pala something).
    You can solo Uber D with pretty much any barb build. The first time I did it I was in a 5-6player game playing a concentrate barb with I think Doombringer and Stormshield or something to that effect, not endgame best geared but still a defensive monster. Everyone around me died and I chipped away at his health and got my first Anni, that was probably 2003/4.

Uber Diablo is actually extremely underwhelming when you fight it, it's a slightly tougher Hell Diablo and if you're playing any tanky build you will kill it no bother. Uber Mephisto or Lillith is actually much tougher.

Anyway, you trigger it by selling a random amount of SoJs to vendors. Good luck getting it solo or even with trading
    But yeah this is the hard part, the boss was added as a way to combat duping but the method remains so now the boss is pretty much only going to exist for organised private groups with accumilated mass wealth in the game, whales. It's entirely dumb that they decided to go this route again because in the past it was always relatively common as an event due to duping. Rare in a general sense, but average joe dad gamer could reasonably expect to see it some time or another.

Now for most players it's just content that might as well not exist.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-10-18 at 04:38 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Anyway, you trigger it by selling a random amount of SoJs to vendors. Good luck getting it solo or even with trading.
    I solod Black Diablo (clone) with my poison mancer and my sorceress. The poison mancer first had to make him bleed, so I stabbed him in the gut in melee. That was kinda scary, since it was HC.