Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    Can we mention roles that were suppose to happen but didn't? Channing Tatum as Gambit. I would've really loved to see a Gambit movie but when I heard he was suppose to fill those shoes my interest completely dropped. On the topic of X-men... Anna Paquin as Rogue. I was extremely disappointed when I was younger. I didn't like Jennifer Lawrence much as Mystique either. Which I don't mind Lawrence but she didn't fit the role... I can probably think of more notable miscasts but those ones came to mind instantaneously. I just stuck with the one franchise.
    Same on all counts. As someone who grew up with 90s X-Men, Anna Paquin was not Rogue and it was all the more disappointing because the rest of the casting was brilliant. I don't know how they effed it up with my favorite character so badly. I didn't want the Gambit movie to see the light of day if Channing Tatum was going to play the lead role either.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Johnny Depp did not fit as Grindelwald in the Fantastic Beasts movies. His look is just too outlandish and personally I don't think the type of character he portrays fits with how the character was described in the books.
    I actually think he was amazing - the scene at the cemetery when he waved his magic as if he was easily orchestrating a concert was amazing.
    And the power/emotions behind it all - glorious!

ben affleck in batman... and anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Really? I thought he was a great Grindelwald, it's a shame he wont continue the role.
    He won't? I thought it was them not wanting him back due to that domestic dispute thing going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    That doesn’t seem like an issue with miscasting. Pretty sure Viggo could have played that character just as well if it was what Peter Jackson had been aiming for.

I think there's also a strong argument to be made that Jackson's Aragorn is the superior version. As impressive as Tolkien's work is, I'm not under the illusion that it's all 100% perfect. Adaptations shouldn't be slaves to the source material and there are plenty of examples where an adaptation made an improvement on the original.

That's very different compared to casting choices like Kevin Costner (Robin Hood) and Keanu Reeves (Dracula) who couldn't even pull off the accent for the character they were hired to do.
    I agree with this. Film Aragorn is a better character than book Aragorn, whose arc wasn't very relatable and who was too perfect to be interesting IMO. I have my issues with some of the changes Jackson did, such as turning Gimli into a bit too much of a comic relief character, but if I could I'd transplant Mortensen's Aragorn into the books, and I'm only half joking there.

As for me, I gotta agree with Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. Nothing about this casting worked. He didn't look the part, wasn't well directed, and couldn't properly act even that bad new direction, it's a complete trainwreck of a performance IMO. I also had my doubts about the Batfleck but he did a nice take on the character, in a bad movie but still. But Eisenberg made me cringe every time I saw him on screen.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    I actually think he was amazing - the scene at the cemetery when he waved his magic as if he was easily orchestrating a concert was amazing.
    And the power/emotions behind it all - glorious!
    I found it to be very Depp but it wasn't how I had ever imagined Grindelwald from reading the books. I much more liked the villain of the first movie and was outright disappointed when it was Depp behind the disguise because I preferred Graves' actor. It's just hard for me to accept that someone who could pretend to be Graves would act so overly Depp-ish when returned to regular. It was jarring and I really didn't like the shift.

10+ Year Old Account
    Megan Boone as Elizabeth Keen in Blacklist (godawful actress)
    Rose McIver as Liv Moore in iZombie. I think Alyson Hannigan would have been way better in that role.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the X-Men from the 2000's X-Men movie franchise

James Marsden as Cyclops
    Halle Betty as Storm
    Anna Paquin as Rogue
    Famke Janssen as Jean Grey
    Ian McKellenas Magneto (sorry Ian McKellen)
    Tyler Mane and Sabretooth

All terribly miscast. Some more than others.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Vintersol View Post
    Megan Boone as Elizabeth Keen in Blacklist (godawful actress) .
    Interesting. Every now and then she's like a wheel that squeaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    He won't? I thought it was them not wanting him back due to that domestic dispute thing going on?
    Yeah that's what I meant by it, wasn't his decision ofc. I'm pretty sure he was found innocent of charges and they still didn't take him back, they cast Mads Mikkelsen in his place for Fantastic Beasts 3. Kinda disappointing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Big true, there wont ever be another Batman as good as Chris Bale.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    No Dragonball Evolution?
    There is no dragonball evolution. Never happend

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    daniel craig isn't bond, stop casting that guy..

Last jason bourne movie didn't have matt damon, daniel craig would have fit right in.
    The last Bourne movie did have Matt Damon in the lead. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4196776/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Yeah that's what I meant by it, wasn't his decision ofc. I'm pretty sure he was found innocent of charges and they still didn't take him back, they cast Mads Mikkelsen in his place for Fantastic Beasts 3. Kinda disappointing.

- - - Updated - - -

Big true, there wont ever be another Batman as good as Chris Bale.
    He was not found innocent, atleast not in the brithish court. Dunno what the american court is saying, think it's still going on.

Meh, the movies themself was better than Bales performance. Yes he was good and I think someone will surpass him sooner rather than later

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    He was not found innocent, atleast not in the brithish court. Dunno what the american court is saying, think it's still going on.

Meh, the movies themself was better than Bales performance. Yes he was good and I think someone will surpass him sooner rather than later
    My bad, had the wrong info. Still think he was a great Grindelwald though regardless of his personal life.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by ItsRainingMetal View Post
    Emilia Clarke as Daenerys, but of course Jon Snow was even younger.

In the books shes like 12 years old. It didn't save her from getting plowed by Khal Drogo though.

Edit: A lot of the characters were much younger in the books now that I think of it
    Yeah, for obvious reasons they had to age the characters up. So instead of 12/13, they made Daenerys 17 in the first season.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I agree with this. Film Aragorn is a better character than book Aragorn, whose arc wasn't very relatable and who was too perfect to be interesting IMO. I have my issues with some of the changes Jackson did, such as turning Gimli into a bit too much of a comic relief character, but if I could I'd transplant Mortensen's Aragorn into the books, and I'm only half joking there.

As for me, I gotta agree with Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. Nothing about this casting worked. He didn't look the part, wasn't well directed, and couldn't properly act even that bad new direction, it's a complete trainwreck of a performance IMO. I also had my doubts about the Batfleck but he did a nice take on the character, in a bad movie but still. But Eisenberg made me cringe every time I saw him on screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    IMO Ben Affleck was a decent Batman, but a lot of the rest of the casting just didn't work. I think Ezra Miller made an alright-ish Flash, but the way he portrayed Barry Allen didn't really sit right with me. I always took Barry Allen to be more of a stoic, laid back guy rather than a socially awkward nerd/qausi-childish comic relief character, that would've been a better archetypical fit for Kid Flash IMO somewhere down the line...but he lacks sort of that family man, laid back demeanor that Barry Allen is usually portrayed as having.

Jason Momoa isn't really classic Aquaman, but he does work in his own way, especially considering the source material and how campy a more comic-accurate portrayal of Aquaman would've been (unless they went the badass, pirate, hook-hand route ala Justice League Unlimited).

I always thought Cyborg was a weird addition to the main Justice League cast, especially with how closely associated he became with the Titans. I think John Stewart as the Green Lantern or Martian Manhunter would've been a better fit instead of cyborg as one of the founding Justice League members.
    Last edited by ScipioMoroder; 2021-08-29 at 05:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    The entire cast of Avatar: The Last Airbender - movie
    damn... You beat me to it hahaha.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Quote Originally Posted by ScipioMoroder View Post
    Yeah, for obvious reasons they had to age the characters up. So instead of 12/13, they made Daenerys 17 in the first season.

- - - Updated - - -

IMO Ben Affleck was a decent Batman, but a lot of the rest of the casting just didn't work. I think Ezra Miller made an alright-ish Flash, but the way he portrayed Barry Allen didn't really sit right with me. I always took Barry Allen to be more of a stoic, laid back guy rather than a socially awkward nerd/qausi-childish comic relief character, that would've been a better archetypical fit for Kid Flash IMO somewhere down the line...but he lacks sort of that family man, laid back demeanor that Barry Allen is usually portrayed as having.

Jason Momoa isn't really classic Aquaman, but he does work in his own way, especially considering the source material and how campy a more comic-accurate portrayal of Aquaman would've been (unless they went the badass, pirate, hook-hand route ala Justice League Unlimited).

I always thought Cyborg was a weird addition to the main Justice League cast, especially with how closely associated he became with the Titans. I think John Stewart as the Green Lantern or Martian Manhunter would've been a better fit instead of cyborg as one of the founding Justice League members.
    To expand on my assessment, Affleck is probably the best Bruce Wayne we've had since Keaton at least. He brings experience and intensity (plus swoleness, can never forget that!) to the role. His Batman is hamstrung by rather questionable writing, but the warehouse fight scene was pretty great so I could forgive it. Curious to see how Pattinson does.

Momoa is doing his own thing rather than really recreating Aquaman, but IMO it works, he's charismatic enough to carry the movie on his shoulders
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Liv Tyler as Arwen kinda bugged me. Sophie Marceau as we saw in Braveheart would have been a better choice imo.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Already addresses this earlier. Nowhere does it say they look youthful in that age range, and even if you scale it exactly to average lifespan (~80 for humans and ~100 for hobbits, or about 25% more) then 50s is STILL far from young (human ~37 years old adjusted for 25% higher hobbit lifespan).
    Oh no, the movies don't address it at all. The books do however. In pretty great detail. Then again the movies don't actually mention their (the fellowship hobbits) age at all really, except for one scene in the extended edition when Aragorn mentions he's in his 80's. As for the books, its explained, IIRC, in the same section where it explains hobbits come of age in their 30's. Don't have my books with me at work though, so if I remember; I'll have to grab them when I get home to cite you page numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Finn Jones as Danny Rand/Iron Fist on Netflix was the worst in recent memory. Everything about his character felt false, forced or just straight up wrong. The horrible writing of course did nothing to help the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Probably showing my age here, but Kevin Costner in Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves. Loved the movie when I was younger, and I think Costner is great, but watching it now it seems like they grabbed a guy from small town USA and put him in an English period piece.
    But his terrible performance is legendary, especially when he gave up on the accent half way through filming. And then Rickman realized Costner was phoning it in and he went full on fucking ham and saved that movie into cult classic status. And then we would have never gotten Robin Hood: Men in Tights if Prince of Thieves wasn't so ridiculous.