Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    He got so much shit for I absolutely understand why no one would want to communicate that way again.

Anyway, this is good and I hope more of this happens regardless the issue or development idea.
    To be fair, he got shit because he basically gave the finger to entire groups of people. "Git gud or quit" is something he (basically) said during Cata. And you know what happened? People quit. Not because he said that but because they wanted "hardcore" players and not "filthy casuals".

When people were invited to ask questions about their class shamans dominated the forums showing a large neglect.

The problem with them being open is it becomes very aware they have no connection to reality and the players anymore. So that got shut down. Now you can only speculate. And this, my friends, is why I don't offer them the benefit of the doubt anymore. They have earned the reputation they have. They can choose to change that reputation but that requires work and they don't seem interested in that anymore. Their egos are simply too large for them to care.

There's a reason sub count isn't near what it used to be anymore.. and you may not believe me but when you tell people to quit or learn to play better, that doesn't increase your sub count.

Cata was a guild killer. Ghostcrawler even said "leveling is too fast" in current WoW... keep in mind -- WoW is a game were current devs say current tier content is all that matters. So... "leveling too fast" in content that "doesn't matter"... yeahhh.... I'm not sure he was the best lead.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    To be fair, he got shit because he basically gave the finger to entire groups of people. "Git gud or quit" is something he (basically) said during Cata. And you know what happened? People quit. Not because he said that but because they wanted "hardcore" players and not "filthy casuals".

When people were invited to ask questions about their class shamans dominated the forums showing a large neglect.

The problem with them being open is it becomes very aware they have no connection to reality and the players anymore. So that got shut down. Now you can only speculate. And this, my friends, is why I don't offer them the benefit of the doubt anymore. They have earned the reputation they have. They can choose to change that reputation but that requires work and they don't seem interested in that anymore. Their egos are simply too large for them to care.

There's a reason sub count isn't near what it used to be anymore.. and you may not believe me but when you tell people to quit or learn to play better, that doesn't increase your sub count.

Cata was a guild killer. Ghostcrawler even said "leveling is too fast" in current WoW... keep in mind -- WoW is a game were current devs say current tier content is all that matters. So... "leveling too fast" in content that "doesn't matter"... yeahhh.... I'm not sure he was the best lead.
    Instead he got a job at Riot for twice the money on one of the most successful games in history.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    The problem with this is & always has been that making a WoW 2 essentially throws out all the progress/content made for the last 17 years, not to mention splitting the player base between two games. IMO, it would be better to update the engine & backing pieces a bit at a time directing it towards the new content.
    Well considering the playerbase is split in three already I don't see this as so big an issue. Certainly some things can be tweeked along. Character models look way better now than in Vanilla. But we are talking about replacing the code itself. Either that is done or, as the above example shows, there has to be a hard cap on how many mechanics can be in a fight. And if the fights can't get any more complex, veteran plays won't find it as challenging.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only lag I have experienced, is Mist phase of Terrasque.. It's horrible, and kills be more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by TBCCLOL View Post
    I love how people are still falling like sheep to this "charm offensive" post alike.

After the shitshow PR they are encountering, they need to act with the SMILEY FACE and random buzz phrase like "Thank you very much for your valuable feedback!" "We listen to your feedback! " "Your passionate feedback"

and people here are still getting baited, really things never change.
    Hate to break it to you, but in the actual game, people stopped giving a shit about this lawsuit thing weeks ago. And even at the "height" of all this mess most people were like "Oh? Really? Well that's awful. Anyone want to run some keys?". The only people really getting all worked up are pretty much here and maybe Polygon and Reddit. It's pretty much the whole workers at the iPhone factory jumping off the roof thing all over again. People acting concerned for half a second and then hoping it doesn't affect them (ZOMG hope my new iPhone ships on time!).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Well considering the playerbase is split in three already I don't see this as so big an issue. Certainly some things can be tweeked along. Character models look way better now than in Vanilla. But we are talking about replacing the code itself. Either that is done or, as the above example shows, there has to be a hard cap on how many mechanics can be in a fight. And if the fights can't get any more complex, veteran plays won't find it as challenging.
    That all depends on the reason for the messaging slowdown, which from they specified comes down to their server architecture & how the messaging relay was occurring. That's not something that a new engine specifically would fix, that has more to do with backend non-client stuff which occurred for a myriad of reasons. That's the sort of thing that can & likely will be fixed at the server level, making the combat messaging relay quicker & more efficient.

There are some changes that a new engine could help, such as slowdowns from particle effects. Though I'd argue there as well that Blizz would be better served to optimize those & work on an updated client which can better handle larger textures/shadows/particles/etc as opposed to throwing out years of work & player interaction simply to have a new game in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    And who do you think this latest blog post comes from? (Hint: starts with a B-, ends with a -lizzard)

Jesus fucking Christ, you guys just want to hate no matter what.
    It just a bit to much coincidence they start doing it now, and they always seems to communicate directly after something about the lawsuit is posted to keep it from being top view. So it feels like they have ulterior motives and thats why nobody praises them for it. Has nothing to do with hating or not understanding from what company issued those statements, dont be obtuse...
    Last edited by tomten; 2021-08-26 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Instead he got a job at Riot for twice the money on one of the most successful games in history.
    Which is known as one of the most toxic game player base in the entire genre of gaming so that's... telling.

How does this pass testing?

They created an encounter the servers and clients cannot adequately handle?

The joke of "beta-but-live" is real.

... and regarding Ghostcrawler's updates, I'd like to think he's seen the bigger picture by now. His Cata updates, especially early on, were insulting to some of the playerbase. An example of Blizz being out of touch with the players. They made heroics so damn easy in Wrath... spiking the difficulty starting in Cata is only going to cause a whiplash effect. How they thought it'd go over a treat, I don't know.
    Last edited by Doombringer; 2021-08-27 at 01:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    one update doesn't equate to consistency. do you know what consistency means?
    Do you know what it means when a company suddenly starts changing course? Or do you not understand that consistency starts with an initial first act? Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    It just a bit to much coincidence they start doing it now, and they always seems to communicate directly after something about the lawsuit is posted to keep it from being top view. So it feels like they have ulterior motives and thats why nobody praises them for it. Has nothing to do with hating or not understanding from what company issued those statements, dont be obtuse...
    This. You don't deserve a pat on the head if it takes multiple lawsuits to communicate with your playerbase and release stuff they ask for. Yoshi-P does that by default.