Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
LastLast
  1. #141
    This has got to be the most retarded thing I've seen today, more SJW blizzard virtue-signaling BS.

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    A) When you're a person in charge
    B) When they're also a person in charge
    C) When the people involved are women that both men have power over
    D) There have been complaints about this behaviour
    E) You deny it happening or your knowledge about it right before the evidence that you very much knew about it comes to light.
    It may be inappropriate to joke about but its not a criminal act. Also people hook up with people of different status levels all the time.

    And if what the state says is true literally everyone in the company knew about it and let it happen.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    It may be inappropriate to joke about but its not a criminal act.
    No, but it's certainly something you'd understandably be fired over, and why have a monument to someone who was fired for a history of skeevy acts?

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    No, but it's certainly something you'd understandably be fired over, and why have a monument to someone who was fired for a history of skeevy acts?
    Making a joke or two isn't a history. He apparently didn't do anything to disgusting since when they fired the actual creep they didn't fire him.

  5. #145
    This is just sad - because if they cared this much about names, and hurting peoples feelings and respecting everyone, they wouldn't make every single character a walking sore-thumb of a stereotype. People out there are more upset about the fact characters are very 2-dimensional, than anyone even knows the existence of McCree in Blizzard's work-force.

  6. #146
    Holy fuck this is so stupid

  7. #147
    - Following the announcement that the Overwatch hero McCree would be renamed, Blizzard is taking further action to remove references to former developers from their games. In an article by The Washington Post, employees have let it be known that similar changes will be made within World of Warcraft, including the renaming of several characters and one city, presumed to be the capital of Argus in Legion, Mac'Aree.

    We are just getting started...
    - Everything that lives is designed to end. We are perpetually trapped in a never ending spiral of life and death. Is this a curse? Or some kind of punishment? I often think about the god who blessed us with this cryptic puzzle… and wonder if we’ll ever get the chance to kill him.

  8. #148
    Cool, more SJW nonsense and virtue signaling.

  9. #149
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

  10. #150
    Just name McCree after the voice actor... Mercer. Who isn't a piece of shit. If they rename him to McCloud Blizzard is actually a group of bumbling morons at this point and people need to jump ship.

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Potatowizard View Post
    Just name McCree after the voice actor... Mercer. Who isn't a piece of shit. If they rename him to McCloud Blizzard is actually a group of bumbling morons at this point and people need to jump ship.
    That defeats the purpose... Even if the guy is a good dude, the point is that it was a bad call in the first place to name the character after someone in real life. So they'd have to go another route.

    And I don't know where that idea came from, is that some sorta theory people are having? Coz I highly doubt Blizzard would want to tread anywhere near Nintendo's Fox McCloud.

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Potatowizard View Post
    Just name McCree after the voice actor... Mercer. Who isn't a piece of shit. If they rename him to McCloud Blizzard is actually a group of bumbling morons at this point and people need to jump ship.
    Until he is... If only people wouldn't assume they know a celebrity due to limited exposure to them. Bill Cosby was consider a saint and a role model until he wasn't...
    People haven't learned this yet?

    Mercer might do heinous shit as well behind doors, we wouldn't know. Until someone comes forward, then he will be considered a piece of shit and the cycle repeats.

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    to name the character after someone in real life.
    What words and reference are not something akin to our real life? No matter what you say or scramble together there’s a good chance it refers back to real life application/existence. I guess you could make up a new word but the outrage and amount of energy spent on this topic is way past me.

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    What words and reference are not something akin to our real life? No matter what you say or scramble together there’s a good chance it refers back to real life application/existence. I guess you could make up a new word but the outrage and amount of energy spent on this topic is way past me.
    That isn't how this works, and is quite a stretch of an argument.

    There's a huge difference between naming a character "Lena Oxton" and then there just happens to be people with that exact name, and going "hey this person was directly involved with this character, let's name them after them!".

  15. #155
    Well whats his name going to be then? Lucky Luke?

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That isn't how this works, and is quite a stretch of an argument.

    There's a huge difference between naming a character "Lena Oxton" and then there just happens to be people with that exact name, and going "hey this person was directly involved with this character, let's name them after them!".
    Stretch yea definitely but not wrong. Association only applies when relevant to the situation. Wasn’t really creating an argument with your words but pointing out the whimsical nature of the statement. Mods gotta moderate I guess lmao. Also “this isn’t how it works” is just adorable and hilarious.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    Stretch yea definitely but not wrong. Association only applies when relevant to the situation. Wasn’t really creating an argument with your words but pointing out the whimsical nature of the statement. Mods gotta moderate I guess lmao. Also “this isn’t how it works” is just adorable and hilarious.
    No, it's blatantly wrong but I was trying to put it kindly. There's nothing "whimsical" about it, the reason it's being changed is because it has to be 100% intentional to be a reference. The whole "but ACTUALLY EVERYTHING can be a reference!!!" makes little to no sense, because a coincidence doesn't make a reference.

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Well whats his name going to be then? Lucky Luke?
    Cliff McHuxtable I hope.

  19. #159
    Elemental Lord Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    8,915
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Well whats his name going to be then? Lucky Luke?
    Well, he already has one canon alias, Joel Morricone, and it's been hinted that Jesse McCree might also be an alias.

    Or they might just give him a codename, like the other vigilante members of Overwatch, to protect his identity. So, like "Deadlock" or "Outlaw" or something.

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Well, he already has one canon alias, Joel Morricone, and it's been hinted that Jesse McCree might also be an alias.

    Or they might just give him a codename, like the other vigilante members of Overwatch, to protect his identity. So, like "Deadlock" or "Outlaw" or something.
    Fair enough.

    I dont care much for stuff like this, especially in OW where Mccree is a established character. But I can see why its done. The people affected are probably not even playing OW because of that name. Maybe?

    If only the bosses at Blizzard actually did theyre damn job and made sure people behaved. Makes me so frustrated.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •