Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

A message from the Overwatch Team - McCree Rename Planned, New FFA Map

A message from the Overwatch Team - McCree Rename Planned, New FFA Map
    The Overwatch Team has shared on Twitter that McCree will be renamed in the near future. The narrative story arc and game content that was planned for this September will be delayed, however, a new FFA map will be launched instead.

Last edited by Lumy; 2021-08-26 at 10:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was McCree ever involved in the harrasments? I actually dont know

so he was for sure let go because of *gestures to the ongoing sexual harassment scandal*

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Was McCree ever involved in the harrasments? I actually dont know
    We don't know, but we do know he was part of the "Cosby Suite" crew, and they let him go recently after shit hit the fan.

That said, not surprised at all.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Pfffhahahaha

It's just virtue signal after virtue signal, Blizz is in full-on virtue signal mode

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    We don't know, but we do know he was part of the "Cosby Suite" crew, and they let him go recently after shit hit the fan.

That said, not surprised at all.
    I see, it makes sense why they would dissasociate themselves with McCree then

so i guess everyone in REAL LIFE that are named McCree should change their name? wtf is this shit

Wow, they really went full retard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    so i guess everyone in REAL LIFE that are named McCree should change their name? wtf is this shit
    Nah. The character was named after that guy. This is same as removing all the references about Alex Afrasiabi, however this time I thought they wouldn't do it since changing OW hero is bigger than random NPC and items in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    Nah. The character was named after that guy. This is same as removing all the references about Alex Afrasiabi, however this time I thought they wouldn't do it since changing OW hero is bigger than random NPC and items in WoW.
    Like I said before, it makes more sense to integrate it into the story.

Give him a flamethrower and call him MacReady
    Khadgar: "Well Zergy, are you armed?"

*Does a facepalm using [Blackhand's Severed Arm]*

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good. There's really no way to make this a bad thing unless you're looking for an excuse to, well, excuse offenders. If a character I like in a video game is directly named after someone who turns out to be a harasser or predator or whatever absolutely rename them.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

So what about that cinematic where McCree is featured and mentioned like 30 times? Will they remake that cinematic and delete all those lines of dialogue ala the removed "bitch" line from Silverpine Forest?

bahahahaha, oh man, can this company just fade already.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Good. There's really no way to make this a bad thing unless you're looking for an excuse to, well, excuse offenders. If a character I like in a video game is directly named after someone who turns out to be a harasser or predator or whatever absolutely rename them.
    Theres no evidence he did any of the things Alex is guilty of.

He has been tried and convicted by the public at large purely by association which is a dangerous and disgusting practice.

What a ridiculous response. I didn't even know he was referenced to nor cared for, and probably 95% of players... but they sure will now, out of annoyance, with the sudden name change of a popular character.

People will still call him McCree regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    People will still call him McCree regardless.
    Just you wait, people will get banned if they do that.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I really don't see an issue with the character retaining the name. Names are not unique and this characters name doesn't offend me any more than running into someone named Joseph, Bill, or Jack would.

That said, if others are offended by the character retaining the name, and changing the name helps them? Go nuts I guess? You feeling good about a decision the OW team makes doesn't hinder my ability to play and enjoy a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

This will surely address the workplace issues comprehensively

For a game already going through a content drought expected to last until 2023, this is the last place calories need to be burnt on development time. Instead, let's implement actual changes with substance through efforts in company policy and through the people management entities instead of burning dev resources on virtue signaling crap.
    Last edited by Vellus; 2021-08-26 at 08:35 PM.