Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I wonder if this means all soulshapes on main will be unlocked on night fae alts? Not sure if that counts as a "cosmetic" or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    So they are doing the things that wouldn't have driven half the player base away? When people told them in beta? Man.. Its like once they get over themselves and stop living in the shill echo chamber they can get on to having a good game.

Going to be cool watching everyone that agreed the way it was made sense back track to this being the best thing ever..

Shame I won't return until happy hands and the shredder department gets worked out.
    They still have not, read the entire thing they did not do it before because it did not make sense in the lore and now it suddenly makes sense from a lore and balance perspective.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

too little too late. eat a bag of flesh bananas

what the... wait am i dreaming?

All things that should have been in since day 1 and people have been asking for for months.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Literally what we said since the beginning, So as always stubborn development team is stubborn for the sake of being stubborn because they think the ideas are king shit for some reason. Time and time again with WoW the players are better game designers than the actual game designers.
    If they listened to players at the start then a year later they wouldn't be able to do stuff like this to get their subs back and .... claim they care and are making changes. Truth is, they probably planned this patch a year ago, they always leave these "Big quality of life" patches for when subs start to go down

"hey look at us, we care see... see? don't you see? even though it's everything you wanted a year ago this is us... showing you we're trying"

Im not a fan of switching covenant all the time. Ofc its pretty comfortable and nice to have, but ruins the system as a whole. I wished they would havent pulled the ripcord.

But i guess its a cheap trick to get back subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    They still have not, read the entire thing they did not do it before because it did not make sense in the lore and now it suddenly makes sense from a lore and balance perspective.
    "It's actually totally valid and reasonable from a lore POV now even though all the Covenants are fine with one another from literally day 1."

Like, the amount of mental gymnastics they had to go through to justify it in the blue post is legendary. Just say "we fucked up!" Verbalize a long-term change to your design philosophy! It would go a long way to restoring some god damn faith. All this does is reinforce that our relationship with Blizzard is based on the real-life cycle of abuse and that every new patch is a new possibility of an existential threat to the game.

The attempt to justify the reasons for these changes is hilarious, we all know what the REAL reason was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    "It's actually totally valid and reasonable from a lore POV now even though all the Covenants are fine with one another from literally day 1."

Like, the amount of mental gymnastics they had to go through to justify it in the blue post is legendary. Just say "we fucked up!" Verbalize a long-term change to your design philosophy! It would go a long way to restoring some god damn faith. All this does is reinforce that our relationship with Blizzard is based on the real-life cycle of abuse and that every new patch is a new possibility of an existential threat to the game.
    True, they literally say they made no mistakes and their design choices were solid. So they are still in their ivory tower and the next time they get feedback they need another crisis to take it serious.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Please stop pretending Blizzard wants in-game lore to make sense.

Well this is the biggest display of "In Case of Emergency SMASH ALL THE GLASS" I've seen.

Still too little, too late. Should have been reading feedback instead of dry-humping your secretary in a cubicle despite her protests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzonathan View Post
    Please stop pretending Blizzard wants in-game lore to make sense.
    Nowhere am i pretending this, i am pointing out the absurdity of the fact that they are pinning the delay of these changes onto the lore.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Man, they're really scared of FFXIV's upcoming expansion, or are trying really hard to make their dum... I mean... their devoted fanboys forget about the lawsuit... or both...

DESPERATE MUCH lolll

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Looks like they finally realized that the playerbase has had enough of their BS and are not afraid to leave the game for greener pastures. The mass exodus must be quite huge if they're finally sh***ing their pants.
    literaly the same thing ("fixing" a lot of players pet peeves) happened in 7.1.5, i guess in legion, one of the most popular expansions so far, exodus must be big too...

If they weren't under fire, 100% this would be patch 9.3. And domination armor is still a thing that casts a shadow over the tier set promise.

As people said before, too little too late.

Nowhere am i pretending this, i am pointing out the absurdity of the fact that they are pinning the delay of these changes onto the lore.
    Fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    Things must be pretty bad if they are doing all this. Still ain't enough to bring me back but I hope those still playing enjoy the changes.
    they did the same in 7.1.5...

ffs, did everybody foget that legion started in really bad shape and they started fixing it in 7.1.5?!

This feels like the biggest panic mode with the game they have had yet. The game is bleeding badly and they wait this long to try to appeal to peoples wishes, too little too late.