Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Max renown as in Renown 80, which isn't obtainable yet.
    and patch in which you will be able to switch at max renown is not live yet so unless they release it before the week you will be able to reach max renown you will be able to use catchups and get to 80 over a weekend...

Great news. After 17years they still need one year to fix what they should in beta. And for the naysayers... that still can't find happines. Get a life.

Regarding covenants I will add only this. Keep cosmetics and mounts separated. At least until end of expansion. Its still cool to know that someone is in a certain covenant... It should be this from the beginning. Cosmetics should separate covenants, races... not abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    What's that picture that predicts how blizzard acts every single expansion with their ridiculous ideas and ignoring player feedback?

Do not fall for this nonsense. They do this at the (almost) end of every expansion to get your hopes up.
    not always at end, in legion they started to "fix" shit in 7.1.5 too
    but people have forgoten literaly 5 minutes after how legion started in realy bad shape

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    right? people say it like its some sort of huge undertaking, when in reality with all the catchups i have alts with 4h /played on cap and already over 40 renown...
    Telling me " at least your only bored for 10 hours not 20 "doesn't make it not boring.

“Conduit Energy Removed”
    You mean something that should have been implemented on day fucking one? It’s the same concept as when you had to wait to change Azerite Power, and people railed on them for it, so they put a cost to switch in instead. Some how they forgot all about that. Geniuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    Its changes that should of been made in alpha still it's nice to see them finally accepting their fuck ups. Gives a glimmer of hope they might listen.
    Oh you poor naive soul. You'll learn soon that this is what blizzard has been doing for many expansions.
    I <3 JK Rowling.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Oh you poor naive soul. You'll learn soon that this is what blizzard has been doing for many expansions.
    Nah I feel ya it's a glimmer and artifact research still exists. It's a step in the right direction but it's just a step.

Telling me " at least your only bored for 10 hours not 20 "doesn't make it not boring.
    why do you play then?
    bcs raids, dungeons, bgs and arenas, world content all gives you renown... so if you are bored doing all that it have fuck all to do with renown and you should just leave...

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    "It's actually totally valid and reasonable from a lore POV now even though all the Covenants are fine with one another from literally day 1."

Like, the amount of mental gymnastics they had to go through to justify it in the blue post is legendary. Just say "we fucked up!" Verbalize a long-term change to your design philosophy! It would go a long way to restoring some god damn faith. All this does is reinforce that our relationship with Blizzard is based on the real-life cycle of abuse and that every new patch is a new possibility of an existential threat to the game.
    I was thinking "This doesn't have the usual Ion doublespeak" when reading the blue posts, until I got to this. Yeah, he's still there, lol.

I have a feeling a certain game director and some of his stubborn devs in their dojo were sat down and read the riot act recently. Which is good for people still playing, I guess. This patch is a complete repudiation and reversal of points the devs have specifically dug their heels in on.

Or, perhaps Mike and Jen told Bobby that they need to release the devs from the MAU treadmill in the design process. I'm not as confident here.

Not shocked this patch is "Please come back, here's a pony" from the devs, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    My analogy was bad. Basically they're just doing the things they should've done in the first place. And when you're talking like... a year of feedback and forum posts before anything is changed it's just like meh... finally.
    Fair enough. I think at the least it's a good sign considering how much of a shuffle they just had. Time will tell in the future if this is actually what we can expect to see going forward, because they've been pretty on top of communication suddenly again at least.

and patch in which you will be able to switch at max renown is not live yet so unless they release it before the week you will be able to reach max renown you will be able to use catchups and get to 80 over a weekend...
    You'll still have to do both campaigns in their entirety though. Point is that it's not as faceroll as getting to renown 40 is, which you can do without doing much of the campaigns due to the rank renown is at currently.

why do you play then?
    bcs raids, dungeons, world content all gives you renown... so if you are bored doing all that it have fuck all to do with renown and you should just leave...
    I play mythic usually around 20-23, 24 is my highest atm and I mythic raid. All of my play time till I'm back in that difficultly is filler. Your pointless filler grind is still pointless filler even if its quicker now.

>you can get all the things
    Well, I guess there's a use for that pile of anima items clogging up my bank now.

I ain't comin back.

"Still ain't comin back to you lyin, greedy, piece of shit, sons of bitches" -my brother

Hard to appreciate these changes when 90% of them could have been in at launch but they likely purposely withheld just so that they could change it later and call it a patch.

I play mythic usually around 20-23, 24 is my highest atm and I mythic raid. All of my play time till I'm back in that difficultly is filler. Your pointless filler grind is still pointless filler even if its quicker now.
    and you just get to M+23 with gear you had when you leveled? bcs afaik you need to get som gear in, idk, dungeons? raids? where you ALSO get renown?
    seems that despite your claim that you do mythic rading you dont even understand how the game works...

15+ Year Old Account
    Its changes that should of been made in alpha still it's nice to see them finally accepting their fuck ups. Gives a glimmer of hope they might listen.
    They aren't listening nor any better. This has been a pattern for 6 years now. Don't fall for their shit a 3rd time.

Legion, BFA and now SL were all maligned in beta and blizzard ignored feedback. It's a repeated pattern and they haven't learned shit.

and you just get to M+23 with gear you had when you leveled? bcs afaik you need to get som gear in, idk, dungeons? raids? where you ALSO get renown?
    seems that despite your claim that you do mythic rading you dont even understand how the game works...
    I don't want extra grind from a pointless resource that comes from everywhere solely designed to gate you... this shouldnt be hard to grasp...

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Hard to appreciate these changes when 90% of them could have been in at launch but they likely purposely withheld just so that they could change it later and call it a patch.
    Yeah I’m beginning to think that’s the case.

Until pay2win is dead I'm basically done.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You'll still have to do both campaigns in their entirety though. Point is that it's not as faceroll as getting to renown 40 is, which you can do without doing much of the campaigns due to the rank renown is at currently.
    you can ALREADY, as of now skip the 9.0 campaign, although you will miss some rewards which you definitely want (soulbinds ) and if i read correctly you will actualy get soulbinds if you skip in 9.1.5 so...
    and you can skip part of 9.1 campaign already too, not sure if they mentioned skip for that in patch although i doubt that, but its quite short anyway...

so at worst you will have to do PART of 9.1 campaign (which gives you renown anyway so its not realy loss of time)