Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    I can guarantee you that if you start looking for foul play in a company and stop using their products because of it you will soon be living naked in the forrest without any possesions at all. Either you stand up for rights all across the board without cherry picking or you just ignore it.
    I'll just copy my replay from another topic:
    I hope victims get justice and huge financial compensation (that will hit Bobby) but quitting WoW or boycotting other games because of current situation makes no sense. I don't see people stop using Amazon, Apple and other way worst companies or throwing away all their tech because the chipsets were made in the Foxconn City, and what's happening in that place makes ActiBli$$ looks like Hello Kitty's Garden Party. Quitting WoW is an equivalent of protesting against animal testing and later going to McDonald's for a double cheeseburger.

Lol, this is so obviously a panic reaction based on Ian's enormous incompetence at game design. All of these things were things that in some form or the other were suggested during beta and either ignored or dismissed as unbefitting of the vision that Ian had.

So glad that AB seems to be sidelining him more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaade View Post
    Lol, this is so obviously a panic reaction based on Ian's enormous incompetence at game design. All of these things were things that in some form or the other were suggested during beta and either ignored or dismissed as unbefitting of the vision that Ian had.

Wish they would move Ian to the art department, or maybe billing and sales.

Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post
    Wish they would move Ian to the art department, or maybe billing and sales.
    He's useless at art from what I understand. He does have some skill in designing the base mechanics of raid bosses and should be moved to that, of course with supervision to stop him from going too nuts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol the game was never "challenging" outside the highest level of PvP and PvE to.bat being mythic raids and high M+
    If going by the past few years sure. I would argue the random players never cleared most raids in Vanilla or TBC back in the days when it was current content.
    Now before you go nuts.. back when many were clueless, addons were present but not anywhere near today I would say the endgame was 'challenging' for most players in the sense that they struggled for months just to clear another boss let alone a raid and spent weeks/months to gear up etc.

Bear in mind, challenging != being a world race player. Also my point still stand, 5% of the developer time and content in itself is dedicated to something that one cant do half asleep. Hell, just dying during leveling a new expansions X amount of levels is a failure in itself.
    That is how shitty WoW has become.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Not sure about this Ian character, but Ion is fine, he just needs a good number 2 to get things in order, much like George Lucas had in Episodes 4-6 but lacked in 1-3. 1-3 had a LOT of good things, but were flawed pretty heavily in others that could have been mitigated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

He's useless at art from what I understand. He does have some skill in designing the base mechanics of raid bosses and should be moved to that, of course with supervision to stop him from going too nuts.
    I dunno, I would be kind of leary about that...

Who knows what kinds of systems he will design around raid bosses

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Not sure about this Ian character, but Ion is fine, he just needs a good number 2 to get things in order, much like George Lucas had in Episodes 4-6 but lacked in 1-3. 1-3 had a LOT of good things, but were flawed pretty heavily in others that could have been mitigated.
    He has spearheaded some of the best raids in the game. I think he simply was to good at his job and got promoted into a position hes not suited for.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprias1212 View Post
    Yeah all the people talking about old Blizzard polish simply don't remember correctly \s
    Yes, they do not remember correctly.
    Remember when kaelthas and cthun were literally too powerful and buggy to be beat?
    Remember when TBC was unplayable for an entire week during launch?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    If going by the past few years sure. I would argue the random players never cleared most raids in Vanilla or TBC back in the days when it was current content.
    Now before you go nuts.. back when many were clueless, addons were present but not anywhere near today I would say the endgame was 'challenging' for most players in the sense that they struggled for months just to clear another boss let alone a raid and spent weeks/months to gear up etc.

Bear in mind, challenging != being a world race player. Also my point still stand, 5% of the developer time and content in itself is dedicated to something that one cant do half asleep. Hell, just dying during leveling a new expansions X amount of levels is a failure in itself.
    That is how shitty WoW has become.
    You literally just proved my point and broke your own.

content was not challenging.
    players were incompetant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    You literally just proved my point and broke your own.

content was not challenging.
    players were incompetant.
    So if you are bad at something, which everyone was cos it was new and people had no clue, then its not challenging?
    Speak about contradicting ones point...

Definition: not easy to deal with or understand, complex
    As I wrote in the same post, keep in mind the definition of the word. Now, its Youtube, TellMeWhen/WeakAura and not be a blithering idiot and you can faceroll everything up to M+ high keys and Heroic raid clear within mere resets.

You keep writing about challenging in a vacuum which I specifically am avoiding. I'm well aware that bosses etc. need more mechanics cos the toolbox to do well with aid enchanced over the years along with player know-how.
    Point I originally made was that maybe its time for WoW not to let a Disc priest snooze and pull 4 mobs at the same time and just faceroll leveling.

Bump up the difficulty across the board is the only way to save WoW in my view along with making it less Pay2win.
    And make it more social realm/guildwise. Not just stand in the capital with a queue and instant teleport to a dungeon with 4 random players and remove bloat mechanics like the zillion artifact power, anime <insert every expansion lately>.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2021-08-30 at 01:31 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

What is max covent level now?

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    What is max covent level now?
    Right now attainable? 64. Right now as for the whole system being implemented? 80.
    It most likely refers to the 80 though, because that is the point where unlocking other covenant stuff for them is considerably easier, as you don't have to account for individual unlocks and you can just unlock everything in bulk instead of having to redo everything for the individual unlock levels. While it's annoying, it's also one of the few things I could actually forgive them tbh. Not so much that they clearly haven't learned from their mistakes yet.

By the time the system is out we will have 80 maximum anyway. The only thing they should do, is take out all the stops from the renown catch up by that point. Especially the diminishing returns towards the end (bosses no longer give renown every time and only 1, etc). If they do that then it's "good/fair enough", even for returners. If they don't, then it's just a last middle finger to people that dropped out because of this an would like to come back because of this change.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Right now attainable? 64. Right now as for the whole system being implemented? 80.
    It most likely refers to the 80 though, because that is the point where unlocking other covenant stuff for them is considerably easier, as you don't have to account for individual unlocks and you can just unlock everything in bulk instead of having to redo everything for the individual unlock levels. While it's annoying, it's also one of the few things I could actually forgive them tbh. Not so much that they clearly haven't learned from their mistakes yet.

By the time the system is out we will have 80 maximum anyway. The only thing they should do, is take out all the stops from the renown catch up by that point. Especially the diminishing returns towards the end (bosses no longer give renown every time and only 1, etc). If they do that then it's "good/fair enough", even for returners. If they don't, then it's just a last middle finger to people that dropped out because of this an would like to come back because of this change.
    So 8 more weeks till we all max out and good to go if patch out by then.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    "No blizzard. This system sucks"
    "Try it out, we think you will like it"
    *Player puts fingers in ears* "LALALALALALALALALA"
    *Blizzard makes changes based on feedback"
    "Blizzard never listens. They are scum"
    If someone steals your shit, then returns it and apologizes after a year instead of just...not doing it in the first place after being taught not to break the law, do they deserve praise?

This kind of feedback was given in Alpha/Beta and doesn't work after a year of us saying that this is exactly how it would go and them ignoring it. We tried, it sucked. It sucked in all the ways we knew it would suck. People moved on in part because it sucked. Now they're operating entirely on these decisions out of desperation, not legitimately giving a shit. Intentions and context matter.

A lot of changes are nice, but they should go super hard on developing the next expansion instead. Shadowlands should be considered on the same level as WoD and be abandoned.

Too little too late.

With all the player feedback they had, this should've been in the launch, not 9months into the expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

"When it comes to the limitations on Covenant-switching, millions of players experienced Shadowlands for the first time through the lens of their Covenant of choice, and that would have not been possible had the choice carried less weight from the outset. "

Why? Why is the number of players relevant? Are they saying their serves couldn't handle a high number of covenant switches? What sort of idiotic claim is this?

After all the shit that's happened they are now feeding us more bullshit? Is honesty really something impossible from blizz?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    So if you are bad at something, which everyone was cos it was new and people had no clue, then its not challenging?
    Speak about contradicting ones point...

As I wrote in the same post, keep in mind the definition of the word. Now, its Youtube, TellMeWhen/WeakAura and not be a blithering idiot and you can faceroll everything up to M+ high keys and Heroic raid clear within mere resets.

You keep writing about challenging in a vacuum which I specifically am avoiding. I'm well aware that bosses etc. need more mechanics cos the toolbox to do well with aid enchanced over the years along with player know-how.
    Point I originally made was that maybe its time for WoW not to let a Disc priest snooze and pull 4 mobs at the same time and just faceroll leveling.

Bump up the difficulty across the board is the only way to save WoW in my view along with making it less Pay2win.
    And make it more social realm/guildwise. Not just stand in the capital with a queue and instant teleport to a dungeon with 4 random players and remove bloat mechanics like the zillion artifact power, anime <insert every expansion lately>.
    No, it was not challenging.

Walking is not challenging is it? Yet babies and people in wheelchairs can't do it. Circumstances do not make challenge.

Yes it was challenging for players back in 2004 but that does not mean that content is more challenging then current content, as proven by wow classic time and time again...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Too little too late.

With all the player feedback they had, this should've been in the launch, not 9months into the expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

"When it comes to the limitations on Covenant-switching, millions of players experienced Shadowlands for the first time through the lens of their Covenant of choice, and that would have not been possible had the choice carried less weight from the outset. "

Why? Why is the number of players relevant? Are they saying their serves couldn't handle a high number of covenant switches? What sort of idiotic claim is this?

After all the shit that's happened they are now feeding us more bullshit? Is honesty really something impossible from blizz?
    What? Where did you get any idea that it had to do with servers? Literally just sentence enhancement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I didn't know it was possible to make a patch preview remind one so much of a dog with its tail between its legs in shame but here we are, lol

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

What? Where did you get any idea that it had to do with servers? Literally just sentence enhancement.
    Because the number of the players was the only reason listed as to why it wouldn't work to have free covenant swaps at launch. In the bluepost... did you read it? Its a bunch of bullshit (or Sentence enhancment as you call it).

Their description of the flaws with the conduit energy system perfectly reflect not only that system but covenants as a whole.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazozourus View Post
    I'll just copy my replay from another topic:
    I hope victims get justice and huge financial compensation (that will hit Bobby) but quitting WoW or boycotting other games because of current situation makes no sense. I don't see people stop using Amazon, Apple and other way worst companies or throwing away all their tech because the chipsets were made in the Foxconn City, and what's happening in that place makes ActiBli$$ looks like Hello Kitty's Garden Party. Quitting WoW is an equivalent of protesting against animal testing and later going to McDonald's for a double cheeseburger.
    Exactly! Nice to see some common sense in this topic