Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    64 is just this weeks cap, ofc I assume once we reach 80. I think 9.1.5. will come before that.
    iirc its 2 renown per week. we are at 64. 16 renown left. 16 / 2 = 8 weeks before we are at 80 renown. never ever will the todays Blizzard release 9.1.5 before next 8 weeks, even when hitting the PTR today.

so i assume, the plan is, shortly after reaching renown cap, 9.1.5 will be released. this would be somewhere in november. which perfectly fits typical wow shedule behaviour of Blizz in the recent years. mid november would offering them:

- something to release when the summer is over (a while) and the gaming season starts.
    - something to release a while after T6 in TBC Classic, to stretch things.
    - something to keep ppl subbed from autumn to xmas.
    - something thats relatively „actual“ while xmas holidays.

i bet 100 bugs, they release 9.1.5 mid november, 1-3 weeks after reaching max renown. its nearly obvious.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-08-28 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Anima and offerings currently are reset to 0 once you switch to a new covenant, so at best you keep what you were currently having when switching back to a previous one. But good to know that the renown is already tied to the covenant.
    Ah, my mistake, it has been a while since i switched (And scurried back)...

Anyway, they put in a renown catch-up a while ago, i'm pretty sure that for the first 50 levels or so they'll toss renown at you for anything you do, there was a bit about an option to skip the covenant campaign and get the renown for it anyway, and anima rains from the sky up in Korthia, so that's not as bad to catch up as it used to be, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    iirc its 2 renown per week. we are at 64. 16 renown left. 16 / 2 = 8 weeks before we are at 80 renown. never ever will the todays Blizzard release 9.1.5 before next 8 weeks, even when hitting the PTR today.

so i assume, the plan is, shortly after reaching renown cap, 9.1.5 will be released. this would be somewhere in november. which perfectly fits typical wow shedule behaviour of Blizz in the recent years. mid november would offering them:

- something to release when the summer is over (a while) and the gaming season starts.
    - something to release a while after T6 in TBC Classic, to stretch things.
    - something to keep ppl subbed from autumn to xmas.
    - something thats relatively „actual“ while xmas holidays.

i bet 100 bugs, they release 9.1.5 mid november, 1-3 weeks after reaching max renown. its nearly obvious.
    I bet 9.1.5 in 4 weeks!

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet 9.1.5 in 4 weeks!
    Haha nope. You don't have PTR yet even.

´So better not turn in your anima items and just bank them. I really want to buy for example all leather sets from all 4 covenents and then return to Night fae. Hell why not., nobody cares what cosmetics I have.
    Same if this is the case i want to jump to the other 3, collect all the items toys mounts then move on back to necro, but ive got a feeling they will have something in place so you cant do this all in 1 day or a couple of hours if you have enough anima and offerings saved up.
    We will have to wait for that in a years time.....when its too late, with some sort of excuse why they did it without admitting they were wrong yadda yadda yadda. Seems to be the trend with blizzard.
    Last edited by Suggs; 2021-08-28 at 12:58 PM.

I bet 9.1.5 in 4 weeks!
    That's when the next classic patch releases. No chance they will overlap the little bit of "content" they have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    Same if this is the case i want to jump to the other 3, collect all the items toys mounts then move on back to necro, but ive got a feeling they will have something in place so you cant do this all in 1 day or a couple of hours if you have enough anima and offerings saved up.
    We will have to wait for that in a years time.....when its too late, with some sort of excuse why they did it without admitting they were wrong yadda yadda yadda. Seems to be the trend with blizzard.
    So far no word on souls. So you won't be able to get everything simply by being gated by souls and other progression items.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post

So far no word on souls. So you won't be able to get everything simply by being gated by souls and other progression items.
    Dammit, i even scraped the last bit of hope out of my barrel when i made my statement lol

Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    Dammit, i even scraped the last bit of hope out of my barrel when i made my statement lol
    I mean each covenant has their own quest for it, so you can probably do them all in parallel, but you need quite alot, so you probably won't be able to unlock everything in less than 8 weeks with the current numbers.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    64 is just this weeks cap, ofc I assume once we reach 80. I think 9.1.5. will come before that.
    Not really, 80 is just 7 weeks away from PTR start. I don't expect we will have to earn it on other covenants, but catch up is fast as hell anyway.

Don't get question "whats the point". When you get 80 Renown, it stays here when you swap back. Point is to have ability to play different covenants during week. For example Night Fae is my BIS covenant for raid, but I want some M+ and other covenant is best of that. Beside that I would like progress Venthyr party, which you can progress only once a week. It's impossible to it all in 9.1, but will be in 9.1.5.

Yesm, but the questions remains: lets pretend we are at 80 now. So I can switch from NL to Venthy, buy cosmetics there, then go Kyrian and buy theren, then NF and buy there, and finally back to NL and I got all cosmetics? And if I want to go Ret I go Kyrian and Venth for prot?
    Sort of .. the only thing I doubt is that you'll be able to use them without being affiliated to the covenant they belong to on that character.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Anyway, they put in a renown catch-up a while ago, i'm pretty sure that for the first 50 levels or so they'll toss renown at you for anything you do, there was a bit about an option to skip the covenant campaign and get the renown for it anyway, and anima rains from the sky up in Korthia, so that's not as bad to catch up as it used to be, either.
    The Renown catchup is in place for any week where you aren't at the cap for that week. So the week resets, you don't do your weekly Anima quests, go to raid wednesday night, the bosses can drop Renown, thus allowing you to skip the weekly renown quests if you want. It happened to me once or twice this patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    No way this goes live in 8 weeks. They need the sub, they will push it in under 1 month. It is not like a huge content update more like pre launch fix for new expansion
    love WoWarcraft

You reach max once and that is it. The only logical conclusion from the official posts.

I bet 9.1.5 in 4 weeks!
    lol. never never ever. imo

even when they really in trouble now and need to provide output fast.

9.1.5 will be before or right at the launch of endbringers its the patch meant to cripple ff14... as insane as that is to consider.

So no we know that anima is not going to be account wide, but at least transferrable among your chars.
    That most likelly means that Grateful Offerings are not going to account wide, which means indeed you will have to spend weeks and months per covenant to farm those to buy all cosmetics.

They said a way to tramsfer anima if you have a "fully upgraded sabctum". I have no interest in this and just want to go cosmetic covenant shopping, so still banking anima just to be on the safe side.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    To me, it sounds like you don't have to farm renown again when 9.1.5 hits when swapping.
    This is a pretty good assumption to make. I don't think they'll make it a talent row or anything, swapping will be done just like it has always been done but without the grind, you'll continue where you left off last time.

It doesn't make sense for you to be instantly high renown on your newly switched covenant. To switch between covenants it makes sense to just reach high renown once, but to get the cosmetic rewards it sounds fair to farm renown levels again on that covenant. They can't instantly like you? I mean sure, it sounds like it would make you happy but it's not like you're supposed instant free rewards, that makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    It doesn't make sense for you to be instantly high renown on your newly switched covenant. To switch between covenants it makes sense to just reach high renown once, but to get the cosmetic rewards it sounds fair to farm renown levels again on that covenant. They can't instantly like you? I mean sure, it sounds like it would make you happy but it's not like you're supposed instant free rewards, that makes no sense.
    We literally saved all their asses multiple times. If they wouldn't have been complete and utter pricks most of us might even have helped all of them equally in their little daily issues (which are frankly beneath the scope of our usual exploits). Without us most of their covenants would be in ruins already, irrespective if we joined their cult or not.