Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    We literally saved all their asses multiple times. If they wouldn't have been complete and utter pricks most of us might even have helped all of them equally in their little daily issues (which are frankly beneath the scope of our usual exploits). Without us most of their covenants would be in ruins already, irrespective if we joined their cult or not.
    That's just you trying to justify getting instant free mounts and stuff. It's not gonna happen.

If I was working for blizzard I would suggest them to give you a renown level based on your reputation with that covenant. Because yes, we've been doing world quests for them all, so let's say you are exalted with 2 of them, then ok you get all of the rewards, otherwise you get a percentage of renown based on your reputation level.

The question is. if my BM Necrolord hunter at max renown goes Venthyr, will he have to farm renown again? Wouldn't make much sense, would it?

- - - Updated - - -

What also interests me: Covenant restrictions for the cosmetic sets and mounts at the Death's Advance quartermaster, and looting and using restriction for the 4 special Korthia mounts (Lord of the flies etc.). Would spend 6000 Stygia if the set was then account-wide. BTW, the Death'S Advance tabard is not account-wide for me unless all other reputaion tabards.

Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    There are conflicting statements on Youtube;

I am 64 (max. right now) on my NEcrolords and want to finally go Venthyr. Must I grind renown again from 0 to 64 (or current maximum)

If yes, what is the point?
    I think you need to do it ONCE for every Covenant yes. Much like when you switch now, then your progress is locked in and you stay at the Renown you reached. It is ofc possible that this isn't the case, but I wouldn't expect it. Many things are tied to the Renown so it might be necessary.

But tbh, it isn't a big deal. I switched to Venthyr before this was announced and reached max Renown again in a week. Just run M+, do Callings, WB, Raids and you will be fine, do the campaign last for the last bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    I think you need to do it ONCE for every Covenant yes. Much like when you switch now, then your progress is locked in and you stay at the Renown you reached. It is ofc possible that this isn't the case, but I wouldn't expect it. Many things are tied to the Renown so it might be necessary.

But tbh, it isn't a big deal. I switched to Venthyr before this was announced and reached max Renown again in a week. Just run M+, do Callings, WB, Raids and you will be fine, do the campaign last for the last bits.
    And I only do PvP, so that is a deal breaker for me.

The question is. if my BM Necrolord hunter at max renown goes Venthyr, will he have to farm renown again? Wouldn't make much sense, would it?
    Yes it would make sense to farm renown again for that covenant, once for each. Otherwise you would instantly get mounts and cosmetics. And I can 100% assure you that is not going to happen.

If you think about it, the renown system is just another reputation masked inside a glorified interface. So unless you get reputation with them you are just not truly on their side for their rewards. You can however use their abilities and still use your other covenant earned cosmetics while working for another.

It's like you go to another country and say, hey, since I'm a citizen there then it instantly means I'm a citizen here just because I now live here, I deserve all the perks now. Yeah no, that's not how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    That's just you trying to justify getting instant free mounts and stuff. It's not gonna happen.

If I was working for blizzard I would suggest them to give you a renown level based on your reputation with that covenant. Because yes, we've been doing world quests for them all, so let's say you are exalted with 2 of them, then ok you get all of the rewards, otherwise you get a percentage of renown based on your reputation level.
    You just tried to justify this all with lore/story and then you willfully ignore it.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Yesm, but the questions remains: lets pretend we are at 80 now. So I can switch from NL to Venthy, buy cosmetics there, then go Kyrian and buy theren, then NF and buy there, and finally back to NL and I got all cosmetics? And if I want to go Ret I go Kyrian and Venth for prot?
    Yes
    It seems the swap is a character unlock however until ptr hits it is unknown if it is

1. Hit 80 in one covenant then swap to the other and regrind for soulbinds and all that
    OR
    2. Hit 80 and have everything unlocked everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Yes
    It seems the swap is a character unlock however until ptr hits it is unknown if it is

1. Hit 80 in one covenant then swap to the other and regrind for soulbinds and all that
    OR
    2. Hit 80 and have everything unlocked everywhere
    From the way it is worded I think you will simply get all renown unlocks flagged for all covenants once you reach 80 renown, which will probably result in a loot shower once you cause an update-event (like with achievments). The question remains though if you actually can/have to do the campaign specific quests of if they flag everything as completed, which would be a bit of shame as well imho for people that want to do it (stuff like the reforging of the venthyr sigil I haven't seen for example as it's venthyr only).
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

´But if I have to grind 3 x 80 renown again to have a truley free choice then why bother? Who cares about the cosmetics? When was the last time you saw somebody using their Class hall armor set or mount?

´But if I have to grind 3 x 80 renown again to have a truley free choice then why bother? Who cares about the cosmetics? When was the last time you saw somebody using their Class hall armor set or mount?
    Wtf are you talking about? Plenty of people run around with the covenant stuff.

A lot of people use the class hall armor set and their mounts actually. I see them every single day, everywhere.
    Including me. They are pretty neat and is the main reason why I switched from NF to Kyrian even though it was a rather significant DPS loss in 9.0.

But yes, you have to grind to max again with each covenant, all you skip is the campaign quests on a toon if you have completed them once on another. That also means you are not getting the Renown ranks from them, which means you have to farm torghast even more to rank up.
    In my opinion, it's actually worse that way then.

But the cosmetic awards counting are awesome.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-08-31 at 08:47 AM.

Why bother? For the choice... Grinding renown doesn't even take that long. You get showered with it...and you can grind as much as you want to. No cap except max renown cap ofc. Like people ask to be able to.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Wtf are you talking about? Plenty of people run around with the covenant stuff.
    I wrote Legion class hall stuff. In 2 years all these mounts and sets will become irrelevant because everybody has them and you will go back to your rare mounts and unique tmogs.

- - - Updated - - -

.. and I am pretty sure you will keep your renown on your charcter (not account) when switching.

Imagine they said: "You can now freely switch between Covenants ... but have to grind renown 80 for all of them".

This would cause a massive shitstorm and kind of defies their new more "open" policy.

I wrote Legion class hall stuff. In 2 years all these mounts and sets will become irrelevant because everybody has them and you will go back to your rare mounts and unique tmogs.
    I mean the orderhall mogs were ugly. They were downgraded versions of the hit and miss challenge mode sets from MoP. The mounts are used often though.

I mean the orderhall mogs were ugly. They were downgraded versions of the hit and miss challenge mode sets from MoP. The mounts are used often though.
    Ónly ones I say are the rarer warlock Order Hall mounts and the Shaman ones. Okay, the shoulders were gated behind Nightborne rep.

From the way it is worded I think you will simply get all renown unlocks flagged for all covenants once you reach 80 renown, which will probably result in a loot shower once you cause an update-event (like with achievments). The question remains though if you actually can/have to do the campaign specific quests of if they flag everything as completed, which would be a bit of shame as well imho for people that want to do it (stuff like the reforging of the venthyr sigil I haven't seen for example as it's venthyr only).
    I’ve completed all 4 thanks to alts

I’m ok if it skips

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I’ve completed all 4 thanks to alts

I’m ok if it skips
    Ideally it would just ask if you want to skip, which they promised anyway,

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    That's really unnecessary - we already are practically shitting Anima and it's only going to get more abundant as we go.

I hope the way covenant switch will work is like this - you get to 80 on one covenant, you can switch free for all then:

Option 1: your renown is permanently 80 no matter what.
    Option 2: another covenant will start out at 60 renown, so you can have some progression via cov story renown gains or some such, without having to farm mountain of renown.

I think either would be fine by me.
    It'll likely just remove the quest requirement for switching, so you can just switch any time you want the same way you can switch to a Cov you hadn't joined before, but still have to level them individually.

No idea why anybody would try to "save" Anima at this point, though. I'm having a harder time getting rid of the stuff at this point.