Poll: What will be the next WoW class?

This poll will close on 2022-03-16 at 01:43 PM Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
... LastLast
  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Yeah! There's just no way Blizzard would make something completely weird and put it in the game. Like Pandas or something...
    It's these kinda posts that make everyone hate tinker before it's even a thing. You guys feel pike it's a god given right that you'll get a Tinker class and f anyone that doesn't agree with you. Tinker squad are the karens of WoW.

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Blizzard can't deliver. They have been failing to achieve class/spec balance so I definitely wish to avoid making that task even more challenging. Especially because creating a new class would remove potenial man-hours from balancing the existing ones.
    They’re willing to create layers upon layers of systems for existing specs and classes. Balance won’t eat up hours creating a new class if they discard their pointless systems.

  3. #223
    TinkerCHADS rule this forum

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    It's these kinda posts that make everyone hate tinker before it's even a thing. You guys feel pike it's a god given right that you'll get a Tinker class and f anyone that doesn't agree with you. Tinker squad are the karens of WoW.
    As far as everyone’s concerned, all potential classes are still being discussed with stances on them defended. Expect arguments to get countered when you use debunked points, especially ones like, “This class already exists as x,” or “this idea is silly” — and especially if you’re the first to go off topic and start using insults.

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Never going to happen because everyone will have something to complain about. So yeah, we need more classes.
    "it will never be good so let's make it worse"

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    As far as everyone’s concerned, all potential classes are still being discussed with stances on them defended. Expect arguments to get countered when you use debunked points, especially ones like, “This class already exists as x,” or “this idea is silly” — and especially if you’re the first to go off topic and start using insults.
    Tinker does already exist. It's called engineering or what everyone here wants, druid with engineering. I remember them taking away my meta lock builf to create a new class, or felt shitty and ruined my favorite class and spec and ultimately soured my experience in wow. Why make more people experience that?

    WoW doesn't need more classes and specs when they're already watered down the existing ones in favour od balance and a "bring the player not the class" mentality that failed to do even that. It just lead to more homogenized classes and basically just reskinned spells.

  7. #227
    Do you guys remember those scientists / engineers back from Vanilla in Blackwing Lair?

    If the next expansion is something about dragons, I could see a mix of Tinker x Dragonsworn. It‘s basically an engineer / scientist class that drinks mixtures to empower itself and slowly transforms into a dragonkin. Like with different phases and at the end you can transform for 15-30s into one of those dragonkin. The bipedal ones for damage, the four legged ones for healing / ranged etc. You‘re throwing vials to damage / heal enemies etc. Imagine a mix of Guild Wars 2 Engineer and Demonology Warlock (when it had the metamorph) / Demon Hunter.

    I don’t think were getting one of the conventional classes named here (Necromancer, Bard, Tinker).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  8. #228
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Undermine
    Posts
    19,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    "it will never be good so let's make it worse"
    To be fair, the favorite expansions of WoW's history tend to be the ones that released a new class; WotLK, MoP, Legion....

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    Tinker does already exist. It's called engineering or what everyone here wants, druid with engineering. I remember them taking away my meta lock builf to create a new class, or felt shitty and ruined my favorite class and spec and ultimately soured my experience in wow. Why make more people experience that?
    This is an example of one of those bad arguments....

    A Tinker class wouldn't take anything away from engineering. One is a class, the other is a profession. Professions don't do what classes do, and further, a player who rolls a Tinker could also pick up engineering, so you can be both at the same time. You can't be a Warlock and a Demon Hunter at the same time, and those classes compete with one another. This is simply not the case with a Tinker class and the engineering profession.

    The belief that a technology-based class would harm engineering is frankly one of the strangest arguments against bringing in a Tinker class because in reality the exact opposite would be true; A technology class would in fact ENHANCE engineering.

    How? Simple, because a Tinker class would open up a new class for engineering to craft for and sell items to. As I said in an earlier post; Imagine engineering being able to craft modifications of Tinker mechs that alters their appearance (model, color, decals)? Imagine engineering being able to craft mods that alter the appearance of Tinker summons like Turrets, Factories, and Robots? If Tinkers use guns, that would give another class engineering can craft and sell guns to.

    What if Engineering offered Tinker players special mech designs (complete with exclusive ability animations) that you can only get if you take up engineering? You telling me Tinker players wouldn't fall over themselves to take up the engineering profession?

    On the flip side, Tinker players could get a bonus to engineering which would push more Tinker players to take up the profession.

    So please explain how a Tinker class entering WoW would be a similar situation for engineering as what happened to Warlocks when they were stripped of Metamorphosis?

    WoW doesn't need more classes and specs when they're already watered down the existing ones in favour od balance and a "bring the player not the class" mentality that failed to do even that. It just lead to more homogenized classes and basically just reskinned spells.
    If anything, a class that enters the game with a theme absent from the current class lineup would DECREASE homogenization. In addition, based on the known Tinker abilities from WC3 and HotS, you won't have to worry about reskinned spells. Pocket Factory, Grav-O-Bomb, and Robo Goblin are pretty original abilities.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-08-31 at 09:50 AM.

  9. #229
    Without the "no class" option you willingly ignore the possibility you could be just a minority

    tink mark, tink!

  10. #230
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Undermine
    Posts
    19,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    Without the "no class" option you willingly ignore the possibility you could be just a minority

    tink mark, tink!
    Except Blizzard will be bringing a new class into the game at some point, so a majority wanting a "no class" option is irrelevant.

  11. #231
    Would it be too far-fetched to merge the Necromancer and Dark Ranger into one necromantic class?

    In the current stage of the poll, a merge between those would take top spot.

  12. #232
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Undermine
    Posts
    19,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Phriktovic View Post
    Would it be too far-fetched to merge the Necromancer and Dark Ranger into one necromantic class?

    In the current stage of the poll, a merge between those would take top spot.
    I'm not aware of any push to merge Necromancers with Dark Rangers. I mean, DRs are sort of necromancers by default since they shoot arrows that raise undead minions, but the vast majority of Dark Ranger fans appear to want to play as Sylvanas, while the majority of Necromancer fans want to play as a frail spell caster who summons an army of undead minions.

  13. #233
    I want Dragons not dragonsworn.

  14. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'm not aware of any push to merge Necromancers with Dark Rangers. I mean, DRs are sort of necromancers by default since they shoot arrows that raise undead minions, but the vast majority of Dark Ranger fans appear to want to play as Sylvanas, while the majority of Necromancer fans want to play as a frail spell caster who summons an army of undead minions.
    Some like to cast fireballs while others enjoy frostbolts - possible with different mage specs.

    You could have a summoner spec and a dark ranger spec as a necromancer. This is not necessarily how it should be, but I am just playing with the idea. It would surely make a lot of people happy in both camps, and I think that the commonality in the school of necromancy makes the idea reasonable.

  15. #235
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Undermine
    Posts
    19,283
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    I want Dragons not dragonsworn.
    My Dragonsworn concept allows you to play as a dragon.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Phriktovic View Post
    Some like to cast fireballs while others enjoy frostbolts - possible with different mage specs.

    You could have a summoner spec and a dark ranger spec as a necromancer. This is not necessarily how it should be, but I am just playing with the idea. It would surely make a lot of people happy in both camps, and I think that the commonality in the school of necromancy makes the idea reasonable.
    Eh, mixing magicians with archers seems like a stretch to me. Classes tend to have a large amount of shared abilities throughout their specs, and it would be rather difficult to have shared abilities between a caster and a bow user.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Hmm, the strength of the Bard concept is quite interesting. Definitely a dramatic uptick since the last time we had these polls.

  16. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkeshall View Post
    Oh, for fuck sake. The one day you wipe your ignore list, this tedious bellend pops up again (and again and again)
    Don't wipe it
    If I put you on ignore that's your forever home now lol <3
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

  17. #237
    None at all. No new classes. Terrible concepts though.
    It's not "reverse racism", it's just racism. Demonising white people is not okay.

  18. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    My Dragonsworn concept allows you to play as a dragon.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Eh, mixing magicians with archers seems like a stretch to me. Classes tend to have a large amount of shared abilities throughout their specs, and it would be rather difficult to have shared abilities between a caster and a bow user.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Hmm, the strength of the Bard concept is quite interesting. Definitely a dramatic uptick since the last time we had these polls.
    Why not just call it dragon then?

  19. #239
    Well i always liked the magic melee classes, and we dont have an arcane melee class, so something like a mail 2hander that uses arcane magic, like Warmage or Spellbreaker would be cool.

    2 specs, arcane and fire, because a melee fire aligned class would also be dope, and we also do not have a fire melee spec.

    If not a new class, then probably some kind of specialization system, like being able to select a subspec, to use some of other spec spells.

    New spec for every class would probably be a balance nightmare

  20. #240

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •