View Poll Results: What will be the next WoW class?

Voters
290. This poll is closed
  • Old Dragonsworn

6 2.07%
  • New Dragonsworn

23 7.93%
  • Necromancer

52 17.93%
  • Dark Ranger

46 15.86%
  • Tinker

93 32.07%
  • Bard

59 20.34%
  • Night Warrior

11 3.79%
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    None at all. No new classes. Terrible concepts though.
    This is refreshingly blunt :L

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by confety View Post
    Well i always liked the magic melee classes, and we dont have an arcane melee class, so something like a mail 2hander that uses arcane magic, like Warmage or Spellbreaker would be cool.

2 specs, arcane and fire, because a melee fire aligned class would also be dope, and we also do not have a fire melee spec.
    How is that much different from a Demon Hunter?

Quote Originally Posted by IAMANIKOLAS View Post
    I love the idea of an arcane melee fighter. Actually been thinking a bit about a concept of a spellbreaker (horde) / warden (alliance) class focused on melee damage with arcane spells. One ability was a form of spell-absorb that you recast after absorbing a spell to teleport to your target.

I am all for a melee fire user, but I think that is partly covered by Enhancement. What kind of class are you thinking?
    Well enhancement use fire more as lava, but they also use frost differently from a frost death knight, while DK use it with their rune magic, enhancement use it as a pure element.
    A new magical class could do it using the mage method of using the arcane element, somewhat like Aggramar (a being of the arcane pantheon) does in antorus.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    How is that much different from a Demon Hunter?
    How is that similar to a demon hunter? fire mages and warlocks are more similar, being cloth magical fire staff users, while demon hunters use leather, have wings, uses fel fire and a couple of weird swords. If they wanted, im sure they would be able to make them feel different, they would probably be more similar to a paladin imho, just mail instead of plate, and arcane/fire instead of holy.

I think we all agree that they probably need to do something for 10.0, depending of the theme of the expansion, even if thats not a requirement, that makes the new class more familiar with that theme and gets a bit more hype for it, like they did with the others.

Said that a little gobling killing gods by tossing bombs around could be wack but i see blizzard reworking survival AGAIN to make them use widgets and gizmos and being lazy.

I think its the first time im quoting so i dont know what im doing lmao

So your argument is that we can't discuss future classes at all because there's a chance that the Tinker will be mentioned? There are 6 other options in that poll you know.
    But "tinker" makes him all tingly inside and he likes to talk about it. Focus on it. Make it part of his world...

Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    Tinkers are basically engineers and necromancers are basically DKs... the only theme that hasn't been done on that list would be a musical-themed class, so my vote goes for the Bard.
    Enchanters are basically mages, professions and classes can coexist just fine. Combat vs. money making

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by confety View Post
    How is that similar to a demon hunter? fire mages and warlocks are more similar, being cloth magical fire staff users, while demon hunters use leather, have wings, uses fel fire and a couple of weird swords. If they wanted, im sure they would be able to make them feel different, they would probably be more similar to a paladin imho, just mail instead of plate, and arcane/fire instead of holy.
    You mentioned fire and Arcane based melee. Demon Hunters have fire based melee attacks, and they have anti-caster/magic attacks as well.

I think its the first time im quoting so i dont know what im doing lmao
    You're doing fine.

It's going to be Tinker and when it is, there is going to be a class trainer NPC named Teriz

Tinker definitely.

Instead of Tinkers being Goblin/Gnome themed and going the route of the Pandaren-fatigue with Monks being ONLY themed around Pandaria, I think each spec representing different types of 'Tinkers' would be amazing.

Main DPS Spec: Goblin Bomber/Gnome Mekengineer themed with traps, turrets, little mech pets, big robot arms

Tank Spec: Big Robot Mech Set themed around Draenei Artificers and Nightborne/Blood Elf Arcane-Golem engineers. Portable Shields, ridable huge mech suit, defense crystal pylons, deployable buffs and absorbs

Healer Spec: Themed around the 'Mad scientist' theme with Forsaken Apothecary Themes or Worgen/Gilnean Steampunk Alchemist type class. Potion/salve sprays, debuff/buff cloud bombs, range-healing through 'salve guns'

Monks could easily incorporate 'other themes' with their class in certain races. Samuro in HotS has all the abilities of a monk, so why is the Burning Blade clan not incorporated into Horde Monks? Draenei Auchenai monks incorporated into Alliance? The Scarlet Monks were cool, but everything monk is Jade Serpent or Ox or Crane themed (which I don't have a problem with) but I'd rather see some variety like we see with the origins of Tauren or Zandalari Paladins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    Tinker does already exist. It's called engineering or what everyone here wants, druid with engineering. I remember them taking away my meta lock builf to create a new class, or felt shitty and ruined my favorite class and spec and ultimately soured my experience in wow. Why make more people experience that?

WoW doesn't need more classes and specs when they're already watered down the existing ones in favour od balance and a "bring the player not the class" mentality that failed to do even that. It just lead to more homogenized classes and basically just reskinned spells.
    The question isn't if there should be a new class, the answer is obvious looking at the future lifespan of the game. The question is what the next class will be. This doesn't have to be next expansion. The only difference between the classes today and classes in Cata and WoD is resource buildup and mana conservation.

Engineering isn't a class, it's not close to being playable as one either. Necromancer doesn't exist at the capacity that players want, it being ranged with a healer spec. The rest fulfill Hero class and DND RPG elements we haven't seen in a playable capacity. Sorry your warlock was pruned/reworked, but Meta was only good for one expansion and deviated from the Demon summoner element.

On Topic: People need to pay better attention to the wording of the question. The question doesn't claim there's going to be a new class next expansion, nor asks if there should be one. My only criticism is that it doesn't have an 'Other Class' option.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2021-09-01 at 02:57 AM.

Tinkers make the most sense out of any class idea. No other class deals with technology and that's an aspect of WoW that can greatly be explored through Tinkers. Mixing different race's and culture's technology.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Tinkers make the most sense out of any class idea. No other class deals with technology and that's an aspect of WoW that can greatly be explored through Tinkers. Mixing different race's and culture's technology.
    That more than likely explains the poll results. Tinker consistently wins such polls because it is a wide open concept with quite a few possible interpretations.

With that said, hopefully this will get a few more votes.

add druid tinker to the list right now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    add druid tinker to the list right now
    That could never work. For starters, Tinkers are not Druids, and secondly Goblins and Gnomes can’t be Druids.

Tinker only works as a stand alone class.

That could never work. For starters, Tinkers are not Druids, and secondly Goblins and Gnomes can’t be Druids.

Tinker only works as a stand alone class.
    who made you the king of tinkers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    who made you the king of tinkers?
    It's not about being the "king" of anything. It's about being logical. There's zero reason to attach the Tinker to a Druid when it has more than enough material to become its own class.

7+ Year Old Account
    Necromancer exists, its called Unholy DK, Frost dk, Blood dk, and affliction warlock.

Ya want a necromancer, play those.

Dark ranger is literally a subtype of MM hunter, shadow beasts, black arrow, oh look sylvanas bow and quiver.

But tinker? Bard? fuck yeah lets goooo
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Meh, what is likely and what is wanted I think are two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Necromancer exists, its called Unholy DK, Frost dk, Blood dk, and affliction warlock.

Ya want a necromancer, play those.

Dark ranger is literally a subtype of MM hunter, shadow beasts, black arrow, oh look sylvanas bow and quiver.

But tinker? Bard? fuck yeah lets goooo
    Tinker exists. It's called engineering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    Meh, what is likely and what is wanted I think are two different things.
    Wouldn't the remaining WC3 heroes be the most likely to become classes since the previous three expansion classes were all derived from WC3 heroes?

10+ Year Old Account
    I want Bard most of all, necromancer or some kind of caster second.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner