Poll: What will be the next WoW class?

This poll will close on 2022-03-16 at 01:43 PM Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Very true.

    I mean theres no real set standard to the poll either so I'm just amusing for the sake of amusement

    I'm regarding it based on which fan-generated idea is most appealing and plausible, and that unfortunately dismisses the class I expect Blizzard to consider next.
    I mean, if the thread is just a good laugh and some banter, then sure, no harm no foul. But this realllly feels like the sort of thread we'll see linked to in some upcoming New Class discussion with the attached "As you can see, this is the most popular new class concept!"

    Every single class poll I've seen has been massively flawed, yet they get bandied about as 'proof' that such and such a class is the most popular one around. If we are going to use something as largely flawed as a forum poll to gauge this sort of thing and get any real meaning out of it, we should at the very least ensure that the results aren't naturally skewed and there is at least *some* merit to how the poll is put together.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Every single class poll I've seen has been massively flawed, yet they get bandied about as 'proof' that such and such a class is the most popular one around. If we are going to use something as largely flawed as a forum poll to gauge this sort of thing and get any real meaning out of it, we should at the very least ensure that the results aren't naturally skewed and there is at least *some* merit to how the poll is put together.
    Mix of bad timing and low interest in WoW and a poll for new classes because theres literally nothing else interesting to talk about makes polls like these very bad as gauges of interest.

    We'll get maybe 500 people voting here before the thread starts getting long in the tooth. I doubt it'd ever break a thousand right since the forums are pretty dead right now.

    Compare to say a simple Dragonsworn class post on Reddit 2 yrs ago gets 8.3k upvotes. I don't think theres any real comparison between polls here and actual community-wide interest. You'd never even see 8k people participating in this poll, let alone 1k at this point.

    I mean we're literally arguing amongst the same people in different topics for pages and pages... For the past 10 months. Or for some like me, 10 years.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-08-29 at 03:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  3. #83
    Literally ANYthing with a RANGED dps and healer specs
    We have enough bloody mele boiz!

  4. #84
    Old God Al Gorefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    10,542
    As much as the forum is tired of Tinker it really does thematically make the most sense. A hero that fights with the power of superior tech is a popular concept in superheroes and fantasy.

    I think they'd serve a viable candidate to use ranged weapons as well, namely guns. Make it the gnome/goblin hero class or whichever works best for WoW.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Ill give Teriz credit, he's certainly committed to his idea. I'd hate to be on these forums though should it ever actually get announced, he's a better man than I if he didn't make everyone eat shit for talking down about it for years.

    Tinker does nothing for me personally, and I don't really think we need another class, but with WoW as it is, there is no way one isn't coming. I'm a melee guy and it is almost certainly going to be a ranged, so I guess Necro would be nice if it separated itself from DK enough.
    Because it is a solid idea. Teriz's concepts have evolved and he's poured more time and effort into a single class than no single person at Blizzard has done, on a payroll. I don't like his idea of it being a trybrid spec but you don't have to like 100% of someone's idea to support it.

  5. #85
    Legendary! The One Percent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮
    Posts
    6,436
    Tinker makes the most sense. The rest are mostly fanfic self inserts with very little or no established lore in the game. Not sorry if that gives you booty ache.
    Last edited by The One Percent; 2021-08-29 at 03:46 AM.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

  6. #86
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    21,842
    I don't care as long as they are ranged. No more fucking melee please.

    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

    | youtube | twitch | twitter |


  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I don't care as long as they are ranged. No more fucking melee please.
    I second that motion.

    Btw, kinda funny bug/oversight. If you have someone on ignore they still/only show up on the forum overview as the latest topic.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

  8. #88
    i would go with bard as like a fourth rouge spec
    Last edited by Julmara; 2021-08-29 at 04:56 AM.

  9. #89
    Mechagnome terminaltrip421's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    [A] Azuremyst <US>
    Posts
    638
    I'd like a tinker as I don't really have any other reason to make a mechagnome but what I'd really like is nightborne and void elf demon hunters.

  10. #90
    Scarab Lord crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    4,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It's not about NEEDING a new class, it's about adding something new just so you have something new.

    You don't NEED most classes/specs. You could trim down the roster considerably and nothing substantial would change.

    There isn't really any niche that needs filling, except perhaps one could argue that there's only two mail-armor users right now (Hunter and Shaman) so that might benefit from better distribution - although in an era of personal loot that barely even matters anymore.

    One could also make the argument that adding extra tank specs would probably increase the overall number of players playing tanks, simply by virtue of them being new. That wouldn't solve the tank problem, but it might be something to consider at least.

    Other than that, no reason other than "this would be cool". And honestly, that should be enough.
    I mean, would it really be cool? There's two scenarios I envision when it comes to a new class. The first one is that the new class isn't original and feels too much like previous classes, just reskinned. It would be a waste of development resources and the effort could of been redirected towards existing specs. The second scenario is that the class is too unique with abilities that are creative and original. Like the previous scenario, that would take away from existing specs because those new unique abilities could of been utilized for preexisting classes.

    There's only a handful of combinations and I feel like they've been exhausted with our current classes/specs. The only combination not tackled is a ranged tank. There's not a single boring class in the game and I feel like any resources spent towards classes should be spent on existing classes as opposed to new classes. What annoys me the most and this ties into my original post, is that most of the people asking for new classes haven't played endgame with every class/spec. It's like going into an ice cream store with 36 flavors and you've only tried 16 flavors. Instead of trying one of the 20 other flavors, you ask the owner if they can create a new flavor. The owner suggests you try the other flavors, but you reject his suggestion and say it would be "cool" to have a new flavor regardless.

    Just try the other flavors before demanding a new class simply because it would be cool.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  11. #91
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Undermine
    Posts
    19,283
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    The really funny part is "his" concept is 75% copy/pasted from someone else's concept, and he gets called out on it from time to time. He gets extremely defensive when it's brought up.
    Actually every time this gets brought up I ask you to provide a link to the person I supposedly copied this concept from.

    To date, you have never provided that link.

  12. #92
    Oh it's you again. Can we get bans for spamming the same topic over and over again?

    There won't be any new classes, get over it.

  13. #93
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Undermine
    Posts
    19,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    This is a joke poll by making all the options bad. There's 3 classes on there that are 25% of a real class. Tinker is a joke. Minecraft is open for you guys that like that class anytime you want to go play it. Are they really gonna try to get kids into the game for a new audience so hard they're gonna shoot for the 6 year old demographic? There are better answers to new variety and feel....
    You don't believe that a technology class would bring in a new audience considering that it is a theme currently absent from the lineup, and is a rather popular archetype in modern RPGs?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Oh it's you again. Can we get bans for spamming the same topic over and over again?

    There won't be any new classes, get over it.
    Spamming? We haven't had a new class poll since 2019.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I mean, would it really be cool? There's two scenarios I envision when it comes to a new class. The first one is that the new class isn't original and feels too much like previous classes, just reskinned. It would be a waste of development resources and the effort could of been redirected towards existing specs. The second scenario is that the class is too unique with abilities that are creative and original. Like the previous scenario, that would take away from existing specs because those new unique abilities could of been utilized for preexisting classes.

    There's only a handful of combinations and I feel like they've been exhausted with our current classes/specs. The only combination not tackled is a ranged tank. There's not a single boring class in the game and I feel like any resources spent towards classes should be spent on existing classes as opposed to new classes. What annoys me the most and this ties into my original post, is that most of the people asking for new classes haven't played endgame with every class/spec. It's like going into an ice cream store with 36 flavors and you've only tried 16 flavors. Instead of trying one of the 20 other flavors, you ask the owner if they can create a new flavor. The owner suggests you try the other flavors, but you reject his suggestion and say it would be "cool" to have a new flavor regardless.

    Just try the other flavors before demanding a new class simply because it would be cool.
    Personally, I could see a technology-based class provide ranged tanking and mana-less healing, which could shake up the class lineup. Necromancers could provide a sinister healer via a Blood magic spec. Dragonsworn could allow players to be literal dragons. There's a lot of potential that new classes could provide across the board.

    I mean, a technology class could utilize a literal tank;



    The important thing is that new classes are needed in order to keep the vitality of the game going.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-08-29 at 11:12 AM.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    Thanks @Teriz for including both of my concepts! ^.^

    In terms of appeal and sales, I’d rank their likelihood as such:

    1. Necromancer
    2. Dragonsworn
    3. Dark Ranger
    4. Tinker
    5. Bard
    Why is dragonsworn so high up on likelyhood?
    To me it feels like it's one of the less known "classes"... I don't think the masses know about them, I don't even do that except from these class threads. I'm not exactly involved in lore, but I'd like to think I have more info than the average player... so that masses would know about them is alien to me.

    How prominent are they?

  15. #95
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Undermine
    Posts
    19,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Why is dragonsworn so high up on likelyhood?
    To me it feels like it's one of the less known "classes"... I don't think the masses know about them, I don't even do that except from these class threads. I'm not exactly involved in lore, but I'd like to think I have more info than the average player... so that masses would know about them is alien to me.

    How prominent are they?
    It's a class largely based on Wrathion, Chromie, Alexstraza utilizing mechanics from Chromie, Alexstraza, and Deathwing from HotS.

    In a nutshell, you play a chromatic dragon disguised as a mortal, and you can mimic the power of various aspects. Swapping between these aspects works as the specializations of the class.

    I think the idea of playing something akin to Wrathion appeals to a lot of people. I mean, who wouldn't want to play as a dragon?

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It's been awhile since we've done one of these, and I wanted to see which class comes out on top after almost a year of Shadowlands, and with new class concepts like Dragonsworn, Night Warrior, and Bard taking hold.

    Notes: Old Dragonsworn concept is more along the lines of the original Dragonsworn concept from the Tabletop games. New Dragonsworn on this list will be based on my Dragonsworn concept. Links to both can be found here.

    Old Dragonsworn:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dragonsworn

    New Dragonsworn:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...pt-2019-(long)


    For the Bard and Necromancer, we can use @Amunrasonther's and @Ielenia's excellent concepts;

    Bard:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-Class-Concept
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post51558844

    Necromancer:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...cer-Hero-Class
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...er-Fan-Concept

    For Tinker, you can use my class concept;

    Tinker
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...pt-2018-(long)

    Also I wanted to give Night Warrior fans an option as well, since that class has been suggested for some time.

    Finally, there will be no "No future class" options in this poll. If you don't want a future class in WoW, you really shouldn't care about this thread.
    Bard. Over enough time there's no excuse for a mostly-high fantasy RPG setting not to have a bard.

    Necromancer, whether people like it or not, has some redundancy because we have a class that raises zombies here and now.

    Tinker, no. Stop. This will only encourage more gnome players.

  17. #97
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Undermine
    Posts
    19,283
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I mean, if the thread is just a good laugh and some banter, then sure, no harm no foul. But this realllly feels like the sort of thread we'll see linked to in some upcoming New Class discussion with the attached "As you can see, this is the most popular new class concept!"

    Every single class poll I've seen has been massively flawed, yet they get bandied about as 'proof' that such and such a class is the most popular one around. If we are going to use something as largely flawed as a forum poll to gauge this sort of thing and get any real meaning out of it, we should at the very least ensure that the results aren't naturally skewed and there is at least *some* merit to how the poll is put together.
    You can argue that the polls are flawed, but at the same time, the polls have also been rather consistent. Even with this poll, the status quo hasn't really changed other than a new found interest in Bards and Dragonsworn, and a sagging interest in Dark Rangers. Outside of that, this poll (currently) is pretty much going on a similar path as similar polls on this forum. Is it fair to say that a concept is very popular if it wins in a variety of polls over and over again over a span of time?

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It's a class largely based on Wrathion, Chromie, Alexstraza utilizing mechanics from Chromie, Alexstraza, and Deathwing from HotS.

    In a nutshell, you play a chromatic dragon disguised as a mortal, and you can mimic the power of various aspects. Swapping between these aspects works as the specializations of the class.

    I think the idea of playing something akin to Wrathion appeals to a lot of people. I mean, who wouldn't want to play as a dragon?
    That's not what I was talking about... I was talking about likelyhood based on appeal and sales.
    Which ties into how much of the class is KNOWN to the masses as well as any important lore characters that makes it stand out even more.
    Dragon aspects are portrayed as unique beings over certain aspects. Nothing of them shows that random heroes can do what they do. So they aren't exactly poster people for a dragonsworn class. Not in the likes of like Jaina for Mages, Sylvanas for Dark Ranger, Kel'Thuzad for necromancers etc etc.
    These helps the appeal for those classes to people who don't even know the lore... it helps with mass appeal.

    So I ask again, how prominent are dragonsworn as a class in game? Are there any characters or any lore supporting it? I know there are some cultists in twilight bastion or those dungeons that turns into dragons, but that's not exactly portraying it that players will be able to do it. Cultists are usually seen as a "negative" thing as well, which doesn't help the appeal, and it's a rare event afaik. Which reduces appeal even further.

    What inspiration someone uses to design the class is irrelevant to the question of appeal.
    To drive it even further... If blizzard did next expansion and then announced "Dragonsworn new class" I bet majority of people would be going "huh? What is a dragonsworn?"

    meanwhile any other hero on that list, hell, even bards (though not prominent in wow, but is prominent in gaming) would be something people know what it is.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2021-08-29 at 11:27 AM.

  19. #99
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Undermine
    Posts
    19,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    That's not what I was talking about... I was talking about likelyhood based on appeal and sales.
    Which ties into how much of the class is KNOWN to the masses as well as any important lore characters that makes it stand out even more.
    Dragon aspects are portrayed as unique beings over certain aspects. Nothing of them shows that random heroes can do what they do. So they aren't exactly poster people for a dragonsworn class. Not in the likes of like Jaina for Mages, Sylvanas for Dark Ranger, Kel'Thuzad for necromancers etc etc.
    These helps the appeal for those classes to people who don't even know the lore... it helps with mass appeal.

    So I ask again, how prominent are dragonsworn as a class in game? Are there any characters or any lore supporting it? I know there are some cultists in twilight bastion or those dungeons that turns into dragons, but that's not exactly portraying it that players will be able to do it. Cultists are usually seen as a "negative" thing as well, which doesn't help the appeal, and it's a rare event afaik. Which reduces likelyhood even further.

    What inspiration someone uses to design the class is irrelevant to the question of appeal.
    To drive it even further... If blizzard did next expansion and then announced "Dragonsworn new class" I bet majority of people would be, huh? What is a dragonsworn?
    Okay, do you consider Wrathion and Chromie to be prominent WoW characters?

    Additionally, there are a LOT of dragons just sitting around throughout Azeroth. There's like 3 dragons just sitting around Stormwind doing apparently nothing but watching portals, or guiding people around.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-08-29 at 11:32 AM.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Okay, do you consider Wrathion and Chromie to be prominent WoW characters?
    Right, i forgot it's you... ignoring most of the post.
    Yes they are, but nothing about them screams that it's something OTHERS can do. Dragons are portrayed as fairly unique in their attributes.

    Which I already posted in the text you quoted...
    Nothing of them shows that random heroes can do what they do. So they aren't exactly poster people for a dragonsworn class.

    I give you one more chance to actually read my posts and reply in full context. Won't reply otherwise.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •