View Poll Results: What will be the next WoW class?

Voters
290. This poll is closed
  • Old Dragonsworn

6 2.07%
  • New Dragonsworn

23 7.93%
  • Necromancer

52 17.93%
  • Dark Ranger

46 15.86%
  • Tinker

93 32.07%
  • Bard

59 20.34%
  • Night Warrior

11 3.79%
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Glad to see the vast majority want something other than Tinker, which is entirely covered already by the Engineering profession.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    what purpose do these threads have?
    Blizzard devs don't care about your opinion. Blizzard devs don't read mmo-champ. And a good game dev is not dependent on some amateur class concepts to make a proper game. Spending time on creating those "concepts" and discussing them is nothing more than a complete waste of time.
    As opposed to constantly posting about how WoW is dead, or that Blizzard is going under?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Glad to see the vast majority want something other than Tinker, which is entirely covered already by the Engineering profession.
    Considering that Tinker is beating its nearest competitor by a fairly wide margin, I suppose that’s one way to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Dragonsworn is simply not a class, death knights and warlocks cover the lore and gameplay a necromancer might bring, dark rangers are just emo hunters, night warriors lack a concept beyond "empowered by Elune".
    Imo that's a very limited pov, and just shows a lack of creativity. If you read the links in the OP you will find several unique takes on these different classes, and I am sure more will come through out the years.
    Whether you think you can or can't - You're right!

You can read my in-depth Void Ranger / Dark Ranger class concept from 2019 (With pictures) here.

Still want nothing new until they can get the current stuff under control. Take a chainsaw to the existing first and make something interesting out of them. Class design is at one of its lowest points.

Don't care if its not an option, or you think we shouldnt be interested, its the only sensible take. I used to rack my brain trying to figure out what I wanted to play because too many things were fun and exciting, now I have to figure out what is going to piss me off the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    what purpose do these threads have?
    Blizzard devs don't care about your opinion. Blizzard devs don't read mmo-champ. And a good game dev is not dependent on some amateur class concepts to make a proper game. Spending time on creating those "concepts" and discussing them is nothing more than a complete waste of time.
    I would like to hope that this isn't a serious question.

If it is, I'd just implore you to not take it so seriously.

This is a forum. A fanpage, purely for discussion for the sake of discussion. I'm sure there's almost no one here who's been here long that truly believes that a non-official fanpage like this is any sort of reliable line to Blizzard, or that their fan-created concepts, however good they might be or well-received they are on forums like this, have a glimmer of a chance of catching a dev's eye or whatever, or being acknowledged in any truly meaningful way.

It's just discussion, for the purpose of discussion, expressing and sharing creativity (to varying degrees of reaction) purely for the sake of it. It's no more a 'waste of time' than almost anything else posted in the forums here.

Didn't know that engis could make mechs, turrets or fire laserbeams. Engineering has a few gimmicks, but nothing anywhere near what a class could be.

Just a tinker concept off the top of my head:

Mech - tank spec, focused on staying in their Mech form, generating heat that they can use to do damage, or shield themselves (think rumble in League). They can summon mini repair bots to heal the Mech over time as a cooldown.

Special ops - ranged dps spec. Think inspector gadget, grenades, Mines, Guns, laser, bola Guns. They could even have cloaking devices and make them a stealth using spec. Jetpack as a disengage tool that does damage on impact.

Robotics - ranged dps, focused on placing different turrets that deals damage, with abilities interfering with these static turrets. Can also summon a combat Mech that can act as a Pet or be entered like the Mech spec.

Heck they could even make all specs revolve around having a Mech that they can enter. And I am not even mentioning an alchemist healing spec focused on shooting injections and tossing concoctions.

A bit of creativity can bring a lot of life to new classes bud
    Last edited by IAMANIKOLAS; 2021-08-29 at 07:44 PM.
    Whether you think you can or can't - You're right!

You can read my in-depth Void Ranger / Dark Ranger class concept from 2019 (With pictures) here.

They can't even remotely balance the classes (and stupid borrowed power systems) they already have. Why make it even worse by adding more mess ?

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I’m curious; did the class thread about the Bard influence your decision?
    No, its just how I imagine a bard being included in WoW without being a weirdly powerfull man with a lute.
    Would love a link to read the thread though

Battlemage/Spellbreaker/Spellblade

Quote Originally Posted by IAMANIKOLAS View Post
    Imo that's a very limited pov, and just shows a lack of creativity. If you read the links in the OP you will find several unique takes on these different classes, and I am sure more will come through out the years.
    I am quite familiar with the discussions around this sorta stuff, as i find it entertaining. I've read their points and know them, i just do not find them convincing in the slightest.

So for the sake of brevity i summarised my views on them in a clear and concise way.

Remember: caring a lot about something doesn't mean you're right in the slightest.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

“What’s your choice for the next WoW class” isn’t a clear and straight forward question?
    No, it's an ambiguous question since it leaves open to interpretation whether people will vote for, say the class they most want to see, the class they think is most likely to show up, the class they think will fit the next expansion, etc...

This is an exhaustive list of options reached at a consensus based on multiple class threads over the last two years. In that time, these are the class options brought up most frequently. What class concepts do you feel were left out?
    No, this is a list of options you think is exhaustive. Out of class discussions I remember seeing in the last few years, we see nothing for a Blademaster, Warden, Shadow Hunter, Void based caster or Alchemist.

And again, we still don't have options for 'No class' with different reasons as to why. It's data that simply isn't being tracked but is incredibly meaningful within the context of these discussions.

And I have a sinking suspicion that if we did all of that, we’d get the same results we’re getting here.

And you would still say the poll is “flawed”.
    I already said that you absolutely might get similar results. It's more than possible. But at least your results would actually have more merit.

And I would certainly give polls like this one more credit if they weren't all seemingly all designed to reach a specific conclusion rather than be a more neutral attempt to genuinely poll the playerbase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    No, its just how I imagine a bard being included in WoW without being a weirdly powerfull man with a lute.
    Would love a link to read the thread though
    Check out the OP. Multiple links in there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    No, it's an ambiguous question since it leaves open to interpretation whether people will vote for, say the class they most want to see, the class they think is most likely to show up, the class they think will fit the next expansion, etc...
    If you want to be pedantic and run every single scenario in your mind, sure. However, the average person will have no problem answering that question.

No, this is a list of options you think is exhaustive. Out of class discussions I remember seeing in the last few years, we see nothing for a Blademaster, Warden, Shadow Hunter, Void based caster or Alchemist.
    Blademaster= Warrior
    Warden= Typically rolled into the Dark Ranger concept
    Shadow Hunter= Shaman
    Void Based Caster= Shadow Priest
    Alchemist= Rolled into the Tinker concept.

That said, I have yet to see any threads regarding those concepts. And when I mean threads, I'm talking about where the abilities are laid out and thoroughly explained like the threads in the OP.

And again, we still don't have options for 'No class' with different reasons as to why. It's data that simply isn't being tracked but is incredibly meaningful within the context of these discussions.
    I disagree. "No class" is a meaningless option because Blizzard will bring a new class into the game at some point. They have never stated that they are done creating classes. In fact, in the Shadowlands interviews they made it quite clear that they had future classes planned.

I already said that you absolutely might get similar results. It's more than possible. But at least your results would actually have more merit.

And I would certainly give polls like this one more credit if they weren't all seemingly all designed to reach a specific conclusion rather than be a more neutral attempt to genuinely poll the playerbase.
    And this is what I'm talking about. Regardless of how the poll is constructed, whatever data is included, whatever options are available, you're going to believe it's biased in some way.

I would love for you to explain how this poll in particular was DESIGNED to reach a specific conclusion.

Probably Dragonsworn but you lost me at a 5 spec class, so none of those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Probably Dragonsworn but you lost me at a 5 spec class, so none of those.
    Just a possible template. One notion i had considered was a Dragonsworn made up of only Twilight Dragons uncorrupted by Wrathion. Same general concept as my Dragonsworn concept, but with three specs instead of five.

Considering that Tinker is beating its nearest competitor by a fairly wide margin, I suppose that’s one way to look at it.
    Even with your biased poll, roughly 70% of people here want something else. That is great news for those that understand Tinker is just another name for an Engineer, a profession in the game already.

Assuming World of Warcraft is still around, based on the numbers doesn't look good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even with your biased poll, roughly 70% of people here want something else. That is great news for those that understand Tinker is just another name for an Engineer, a profession in the game already.
    How is the poll biased?

- - - Updated - - -

Very impressive comeback from Dark Rangers! It would appear that Bard, Necromancer, and Dark Ranger are going to be very close by the end of the vote count.

If you want to be pedantic and run every single scenario in your mind, sure. However, the average person will have no problem answering that question.
    Of course they can answer it. The point is that they aren't all answering the same question.

Blademaster= Warrior
    Warden= Typically rolled into the Dark Ranger concept
    Shadow Hunter= Shaman
    Void Based Caster= Shadow Priest
    Alchemist= Rolled into the Tinker concept.
    And here we have your opinions defining the poll, which is part of the problem. Just because you think that such and such is already in the game doesn't mean that others aren't going to want them in game. And be honest, you already think that classes like Necromancer and Dark Ranger are in game, yet you included them in the poll.

That said, I have yet to see any threads regarding those concepts. And when I mean threads, I'm talking about where the abilities are laid out and thoroughly explained like the threads in the OP.
    And here we go again, where you are defining the construct of what is and isn't 'worth' putting into such a poll. But if we look, can we find some?

WARDEN
    ALCHEMIST, another ALCHEMIST
    BLADEMASTER, another BLADEMASTER
    SHADOWHUNTER, WITCH DOCTOR, another WITCH DOCTOR
    VOIDBOUND

I disagree. "No class" is a meaningless option because Blizzard will bring a new class into the game at some point. They have never stated that they are done creating classes. In fact, in the Shadowlands interviews they made it quite clear that they had future classes planned.
    Look through this thread. Look how many people are actually saying "No New Class". That data has meaning because there are reasons for this. Whether or not Blizzard adds a new class isn't the point, the point is if there is a sizable part of the playerbase that actively doesn't want that, it absolutely should be measured.

And this is what I'm talking about. Regardless of how the poll is constructed, whatever data is included, whatever options are available, you're going to believe it's biased in some way.
    Then ignore me if you want. But I'm going to voice my opinion when I see the same flawed poll attempt get made again and again.

I would love for you to explain how this poll in particular was DESIGNED to reach a specific conclusion.
    You have a purposefully vague question, have cherry picked the options, negated potential options for arbitrary reasons, presented them in the order of your choosing, purposely removed the voting option for people who want no new class, and show your own preferences in your very sig file.

Yeah, totally unbiased polling here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Of course they can answer it. The point is that they aren't all answering the same question.
    And you know this how exactly?

And here we have your opinions defining the poll, which is part of the problem. Just because you think that such and such is already in the game doesn't mean that others aren't going to want them in game. And be honest, you already think that classes like Necromancer and Dark Ranger are in game, yet you included them in the poll.
    I included them in the poll because they've been advocated for in multiple threads by multiple people. Even to the point where people make class threads for them in the last few years. The options you brought up simply don't have that.

And here we go again, where you are defining the construct of what is and isn't 'worth' putting into such a poll. But if we look, can we find some?

WARDEN

Yeah, from 2013, and the majority of people voting in that poll viewed the concept as garbage.

ALCHEMIST, another ALCHEMIST

First concept isn't fleshed out and largely panned. The second concept lacked enough information to be considered for this poll. Further, I haven't seen much in the way of discussion for an alchemist class. And when I say "much in the way", I mean nothing.

Again, first concept isn't fleshed out enough, second concept is better thought out, but we come back to the other issue that there is pretty much zero discussion of a Blademaster class in class discussions.

The first one is a Dark Ranger concept. Second concept doesn't contain enough information. Third concept has the same problem, and is so badly done that it was overwhelmingly panned by responders and the poll.

That concept is simply a mess. It has no real direction, and simply can't be considered a serious class concept. At least not on the level of the concepts in the OP.

Also where's the people pining for a Voidbound class? That thread got like 16 posts total.

Look through this thread. Look how many people are actually saying "No New Class". That data has meaning because there are reasons for this. Whether or not Blizzard adds a new class isn't the point, the point is if there is a sizable part of the playerbase that actively doesn't want that, it absolutely should be measured.
    There's also a sizeable portion of the WoW playerbase that wants a new class. This thread is about and for them. If someone wants to make a poll about WoW having no new classes, they can. As I said, if we know that Blizzard is going to make a new class in the future, why should we waste time dealing with people who don't want to deal with reality? It's not logical.

You have a purposefully vague question, have cherry picked the options, negated potential options for arbitrary reasons, presented them in the order of your choosing, purposely removed the voting option for people who want no new class, and show your own preferences in your very sig file.
    LoL! Yeah, I DESPISE the idea of Necromancers and Bards in WoW, but guess what? I included them because there is a demand for them, and because posters (one of which I pretty much always disagree with) created well thought out, well responded to class concepts involving those classes. If Shadowhunters, Blademasters, etc. had the same level of demand, I would include them as well. But they don't so i didn't include them. If you believe that somehow biases the results, that's your prerogative.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-08-29 at 10:32 PM.

<snip>
    Again, you are being the arbiter of what a valid class class for inclusion is, the arbiter for what a valid class write up is, the arbiter for what a clear and conside question is, have demonstrably clear bias (not only do you have entrants in your sig file, but you are literally known as 'The Tinker guy' on these forums) and when presented with faults in your method, instead of even pretending to address any of them you are resorting to your typical method of hand waiving things away you don't like or invalidate your point.

Feel free to ignore my criticisms of your methodology if you want. That's absolutely your prerogative. I fully intend to ignore the results of this 'poll' and will encourage others to do the same.