View Poll Results: What will be the next WoW class?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Old Dragonsworn

    6 2.14%
  • New Dragonsworn

    22 7.86%
  • Necromancer

    51 18.21%
  • Dark Ranger

    45 16.07%
  • Tinker

    87 31.07%
  • Bard

    58 20.71%
  • Night Warrior

    11 3.93%
Page 1 of 15
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1
    The Insane Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Undermine
    Posts
    19,173

    Your pick for the next WoW class; 2021 edition

    It's been awhile since we've done one of these, and I wanted to see which class comes out on top after almost a year of Shadowlands, and with new class concepts like Dragonsworn, Night Warrior, and Bard taking hold.

    Notes: Old Dragonsworn concept is more along the lines of the original Dragonsworn concept from the Tabletop games. New Dragonsworn on this list will be based on my Dragonsworn concept. Links to both can be found here.

    Old Dragonsworn:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dragonsworn

    New Dragonsworn:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...pt-2019-(long)


    For the Bard and Necromancer, we can use @Amunrasonther's and @Ielenia's excellent concepts;

    Bard:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-Class-Concept
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post51558844

    Necromancer:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...cer-Hero-Class
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...er-Fan-Concept

    For Tinker, you can use my class concept;

    Tinker
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...pt-2018-(long)

    For Dark Ranger you can use @IAMANIKOLAS and @Hawthorne Wipes excellent concept below:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...19-(Long-post)
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...2019)-Long-one

    Also I wanted to give Night Warrior fans an option as well, since that class has been suggested for some time.

    Finally, there will be no "No future class" options in this poll. If you don't want a future class in WoW, you really shouldn't care about this thread.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-08-30 at 07:45 PM.

  2. #2
    Man tinker squad just can't let go. Stop beating a dead horse with all these threads.

  3. #3
    The Insane Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Undermine
    Posts
    19,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    Man tinker squad just can't let go. Stop beating a dead horse with all these threads.
    So your argument is that we can't discuss future classes at all because there's a chance that the Tinker will be mentioned? There are 6 other options in that poll you know.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-08-28 at 01:56 PM.

  4. #4
    I'd prefer no new classes at all as they can't even figure out what to do with a lot of the currently available specs.

    If I had to choose, I'd pick literally any other class than tinker. Mostly because I'm tired of people requesting them constantly on mmo-champion.

    That said, I don't find any of the choices in the poll to be particularly interesting, so I'd frankly rather see Blizzard come up with something more uniquely befitting whatever the next WoW expansion will be.

    Whatever they do come up with, it should have at least 1 ranged DPS spec. It's the one thing they haven't introduced in a new class since the launch of WoW, and they even removed a ranged spec with the change to survival hunters.
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2021-08-28 at 02:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

  5. #5
    Titan Grimbold21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Azores, Portugal
    Posts
    11,185
    Given that the New Dragonflight's tank version is essentially the Shaman tanking concept, gonna go with No on that one.

  6. #6
    do we really need another tinker thread?

  7. #7
    The Insane Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Undermine
    Posts
    19,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I'd prefer no new classes at all as they can't even figure out what to do with a lot of the currently available specs.

    If I had to choose, I'd pick literally any other class than tinker. Mostly because I'm tired of people requesting them constantly on mmo-champion.

    That said, I don't find any of the choices in the poll to be particularly interesting, so I'd frankly rather see Blizzard come up with something more uniquely befitting whatever the next WoW expansion will be.

    Whatever they do come up with, it should have at least 1 ranged DPS spec. It's the one thing they haven't introduced in a new class since the launch of WoW, and they even removed a ranged spec with the change to survival hunters.
    Yeah, this is part of the reason I wanted to do this poll; To see where things stand since the last poll like this was over 2 years ago.

    I'm very interested to see where Necromancer and Dark Ranger fall after Shadowlands, since many view the current expansion as the perfect time to have released both classes. I also want to see if the Dragonsworn concept rises to prominence due to Wrathion's appearance at the end of BFA, and rumors that the next expansion will involve Dragon Isles.

    And yes, I agree with you that the next class needs to have a RDPS component, and could use a healing spec.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Given that the New Dragonflight's tank version is essentially the Shaman tanking concept, gonna go with No on that one.
    Guilty as charged.

  8. #8
    Tinker hype! tinker hype! tinker hype!

  9. #9
    Bard and necromancer feel like the most fresh sensible options on that list. I'd love to see how Blizzard might handle both options and giving them a unique sort of feel and how they'd divide them into different specs.

    Never really felt the appeal of the other options, personally.

  10. #10
    Oh man, linking to your own class threads. Humble.

    On topic: Bard because its based, or class skins/prestige classes, the rest are cringe.

    Simple as.

    Gnomes and goblins are stupid and should be given as little attention as possible, and Blizzard is never going to go that in depth with diversifying Tinkers to other races that might be able to operate machinery.

    Or at least I hope they don't because Draenei tech is the biggest eyesore.

    That being said; unfortunately Tinkers are probably the most likely because people are avid supporters of them for some reason.
    Last edited by LarryFromHumanResources; 2021-08-28 at 02:54 PM.
    Corporate wishes everyone a happy new year

  11. #11
    Not even thinly veiled this time...

  12. #12
    Titan Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    11,285
    Tinker... Tinker no matter the year... I don't even play WoW and having Tinker may not even make me want to come back, but I still vote Tinker...
    Proof is boring. Proof is tiresome. Proof is irrelevance. People would rather be handed an easy lie than search for a difficult truth, especially when it suits their own purpose.
    - Glokta
    The Last Argument of Kings, The First Law Trilogy.

  13. #13
    The Insane Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Undermine
    Posts
    19,173
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Oh man, linking to your own class threads. Humble.
    2 are mine, 2 are someone else's.

  14. #14
    Bloodsail Admiral Kalador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,070
    Tinker so much! I want that class so so bad. I would reroll instantly.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    2 are mine, 2 are someone else's.
    Sure. Because anyone even remotely invested in the discourse on this forum surrounding new classes is unfamiliar with the ones listed.

    They've never heard of them before and are entirely unable to guess what they entail.

    I mean look I get it, you've spent a lot of time on your thread of course you want to show it to everyone.
    Corporate wishes everyone a happy new year

  16. #16
    Ill give Teriz credit, he's certainly committed to his idea. I'd hate to be on these forums though should it ever actually get announced, he's a better man than I if he didn't make everyone eat shit for talking down about it for years.

    Tinker does nothing for me personally, and I don't really think we need another class, but with WoW as it is, there is no way one isn't coming. I'm a melee guy and it is almost certainly going to be a ranged, so I guess Necro would be nice if it separated itself from DK enough.

  17. #17
    If they add anything at all, it'll be Tinker. They're hurting for community goodwill right now, and no matter how much some people think it's cringe, Tinker has been #1 on the wishlist forever.

    Dark Ranger seems too meager to add as a new class - it's basically just a kind of hunter with frills, not substantially different enough. Bard has basically no lore, no precedent, and no real space to slot into so it seems very unlikely. Night Warrior seems to be more of an overcharge for existing skills than a new set of skills - Tyrande basically just behaves like a DH, for example. Dragonsworn are... idk what even. Necromancer has lore, but I doubt they'll want a pet-heavy class due to engine limitations - and without that it's just Warlock by a different name.

  18. #18
    The Insane Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Undermine
    Posts
    19,173
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Sure. Because anyone even remotely invested in the discourse on this forum surrounding new classes is unfamiliar with the ones listed.
    Some people haven't. In case they haven't, I have provided threads showcasing those concepts so that people can get an idea of what type of classes we're talking about. Again, I don't know why you think I'm touting my own concepts here when the majority of concepts I've posted in the OP are from someone else.

  19. #19
    Tinker all the way. I wanna be a crazed scientist "healing" people with concoctions, jabbing my group members with syringes and laughing cruelly as I do so.

  20. #20
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    16,653
    No offense to @Amunrasonther, but I'll go with my own bard and necromancer concepts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •