View Poll Results: What will be the next WoW class?

Voters
290. This poll is closed
  • Old Dragonsworn

6 2.07%
  • New Dragonsworn

23 7.93%
  • Necromancer

52 17.93%
  • Dark Ranger

46 15.86%
  • Tinker

93 32.07%
  • Bard

59 20.34%
  • Night Warrior

11 3.79%
Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Your pick for the next WoW class; 2021 edition

It's been awhile since we've done one of these, and I wanted to see which class comes out on top after almost a year of Shadowlands, and with new class concepts like Dragonsworn, Night Warrior, and Bard taking hold.

Notes: Old Dragonsworn concept is more along the lines of the original Dragonsworn concept from the Tabletop games. New Dragonsworn on this list will be based on my Dragonsworn concept. Links to both can be found here.

Old Dragonsworn:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dragonsworn

New Dragonsworn:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...pt-2019-(long)

For the Bard and Necromancer, we can use @Amunrasonther's and @Ielenia's excellent concepts;

Bard:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-Class-Concept
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post51558844

Necromancer:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...cer-Hero-Class
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...er-Fan-Concept

For Tinker, you can use my class concept;

Tinker
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...pt-2018-(long)

For Dark Ranger you can use @IAMANIKOLAS and @Hawthorne Wipes excellent concept below:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...19-(Long-post)
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...2019)-Long-one

Also I wanted to give Night Warrior fans an option as well, since that class has been suggested for some time.

Finally, there will be no "No future class" options in this poll. If you don't want a future class in WoW, you really shouldn't care about this thread.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-08-30 at 07:45 PM.

Man tinker squad just can't let go. Stop beating a dead horse with all these threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    Man tinker squad just can't let go. Stop beating a dead horse with all these threads.
    So your argument is that we can't discuss future classes at all because there's a chance that the Tinker will be mentioned? There are 6 other options in that poll you know.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-08-28 at 01:56 PM.

I'd prefer no new classes at all as they can't even figure out what to do with a lot of the currently available specs.

If I had to choose, I'd pick literally any other class than tinker. Mostly because I'm tired of people requesting them constantly on mmo-champion.

That said, I don't find any of the choices in the poll to be particularly interesting, so I'd frankly rather see Blizzard come up with something more uniquely befitting whatever the next WoW expansion will be.

Whatever they do come up with, it should have at least 1 ranged DPS spec. It's the one thing they haven't introduced in a new class since the launch of WoW, and they even removed a ranged spec with the change to survival hunters.
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2021-08-28 at 02:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Given that the New Dragonflight's tank version is essentially the Shaman tanking concept, gonna go with No on that one.

do we really need another tinker thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I'd prefer no new classes at all as they can't even figure out what to do with a lot of the currently available specs.

If I had to choose, I'd pick literally any other class than tinker. Mostly because I'm tired of people requesting them constantly on mmo-champion.

That said, I don't find any of the choices in the poll to be particularly interesting, so I'd frankly rather see Blizzard come up with something more uniquely befitting whatever the next WoW expansion will be.

Whatever they do come up with, it should have at least 1 ranged DPS spec. It's the one thing they haven't introduced in a new class since the launch of WoW, and they even removed a ranged spec with the change to survival hunters.
    Yeah, this is part of the reason I wanted to do this poll; To see where things stand since the last poll like this was over 2 years ago.

I'm very interested to see where Necromancer and Dark Ranger fall after Shadowlands, since many view the current expansion as the perfect time to have released both classes. I also want to see if the Dragonsworn concept rises to prominence due to Wrathion's appearance at the end of BFA, and rumors that the next expansion will involve Dragon Isles.

And yes, I agree with you that the next class needs to have a RDPS component, and could use a healing spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Given that the New Dragonflight's tank version is essentially the Shaman tanking concept, gonna go with No on that one.
    Guilty as charged.

Tinker hype! tinker hype! tinker hype!

Bard and necromancer feel like the most fresh sensible options on that list. I'd love to see how Blizzard might handle both options and giving them a unique sort of feel and how they'd divide them into different specs.

Never really felt the appeal of the other options, personally.

Not even thinly veiled this time...

10+ Year Old Account
    Tinker... Tinker no matter the year... I don't even play WoW and having Tinker may not even make me want to come back, but I still vote Tinker...
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Oh man, linking to your own class threads. Humble.
    2 are mine, 2 are someone else's.

7+ Year Old Account
    Tinker so much! I want that class so so bad. I would reroll instantly.

Ill give Teriz credit, he's certainly committed to his idea. I'd hate to be on these forums though should it ever actually get announced, he's a better man than I if he didn't make everyone eat shit for talking down about it for years.

Tinker does nothing for me personally, and I don't really think we need another class, but with WoW as it is, there is no way one isn't coming. I'm a melee guy and it is almost certainly going to be a ranged, so I guess Necro would be nice if it separated itself from DK enough.

If they add anything at all, it'll be Tinker. They're hurting for community goodwill right now, and no matter how much some people think it's cringe, Tinker has been #1 on the wishlist forever.

Dark Ranger seems too meager to add as a new class - it's basically just a kind of hunter with frills, not substantially different enough. Bard has basically no lore, no precedent, and no real space to slot into so it seems very unlikely. Night Warrior seems to be more of an overcharge for existing skills than a new set of skills - Tyrande basically just behaves like a DH, for example. Dragonsworn are... idk what even. Necromancer has lore, but I doubt they'll want a pet-heavy class due to engine limitations - and without that it's just Warlock by a different name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Sure. Because anyone even remotely invested in the discourse on this forum surrounding new classes is unfamiliar with the ones listed.
    Some people haven't. In case they haven't, I have provided threads showcasing those concepts so that people can get an idea of what type of classes we're talking about. Again, I don't know why you think I'm touting my own concepts here when the majority of concepts I've posted in the OP are from someone else.

Tinker all the way. I wanna be a crazed scientist "healing" people with concoctions, jabbing my group members with syringes and laughing cruelly as I do so.

No offense to @Amunrasonther, but I'll go with my own bard and necromancer concepts.

Tinker has been the most requested for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    No offense to @Amunrasonther, but I'll go with my own bard and necromancer concepts.
    In the name of fairness, I included your concepts as well.