View Poll Results: What will be the next WoW class?

Voters
290. This poll is closed
  • Old Dragonsworn

6 2.07%
  • New Dragonsworn

23 7.93%
  • Necromancer

52 17.93%
  • Dark Ranger

46 15.86%
  • Tinker

93 32.07%
  • Bard

59 20.34%
  • Night Warrior

11 3.79%
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Where's the option for 'none of these? That would be my poll vote at least.

But if I were to pick any, it'd be the bard. However it should be having either only 2 specs (dps and heal) like DHs do, or 2 ranged dps specs as well as a heal spec.

I haven't read any of these 'concepts' because I have literally zero interest im them.

Also, based on the title I thought it was a thread about "what existing class will you change to in 2021".
    Last edited by ceall; 2021-08-28 at 04:01 PM.

♩ ♬Necromancer
    Feeding from the host
    Necromancer
    Black unholy ghost
    Necromancer
    Death's his guiding light
    Necromancer
    Stealing afterlife ♬ ♩
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it's early, but the Night Warrior and Dark Ranger numbers are kind of surprising.

Anything but Tinker, just out of sheer spite at this point
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So your argument is that we can't discuss future classes at all because there's a chance that the Tinker will be mentioned? There are 6 other options in that poll you know.
    You already have your thread posted and this is just an attempt to keep necroing it so people can keep pumping that corpse. I wouldn't be so vehemently against it if you and your ilk wouldn't derail every thread about class concepts into "tinker is only option" type stuff.

Literally. Every. Thread.
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    You already have your thread posted and this is just an attempt to keep necroing it so people can keep pumping that corpse. I wouldn't be so vehemently against it if you and your ilk wouldn't derail every thread about class concepts into "tinker is only option" type stuff.

Literally. Every. Thread.
    This thread literally gives you 6 options other than Tinker to choose from. Who exactly is arguing in here that the Tinker is the only option to pick?

can we maybe broaden the scope a bit? it's always the same few classes. tinker, necromancer, bard, dragonssomething. I rarely see anyone discuss anything outside those four.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forteofgray View Post
    can we maybe broaden the scope a bit? it's always the same few classes. tinker, necromancer, bard, dragonssomething. I rarely see anyone discuss anything outside those four.
    Well there's also Night Warrior, the old version of Dragonsworn from the TTRPG and CCG, and Dark Rangers.

What classes would you suggest?

This thread literally gives you 6 options other than Tinker to choose from. Who exactly is arguing in here that the Tinker is the only option to pick?
    If they add anything at all, it'll be Tinker. They're hurting for community goodwill right now, and no matter how much some people think it's cringe, Tinker has been #1 on the wishlist forever.

Literally was posted on first page lol. And in every other class concept thread. And every lore thread. And every off topic. I'm done giving your horrible ideas free bumps though.
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    If they add anything at all, it'll be Tinker. They're hurting for community goodwill right now, and no matter how much some people think it's cringe, Tinker has been #1 on the wishlist forever.

Literally was posted on first page lol. And in every other class concept thread. And every lore thread. And every off topic. I'm done giving your horrible ideas free bumps though.
    And that's their opinion. Nowhere did they say that YOU have to share their opinion.

Thanks @Teriz for including both of my concepts! ^.^

In terms of appeal and sales, I’d rank their likelihood as such:

1. Necromancer
    2. Dragonsworn
    3. Dark Ranger
    4. Tinker
    5. Bard

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    No offense to @Amunrasonther, but I'll go with my own bard and necromancer concepts.
    No offense taken . I really like your opposing perspective and @Teriz’s Dragonsworn concept is one of my favorites too.
    Last edited by Amunrasonther; 2021-08-28 at 09:51 PM.

New specializations. These class ideas already feel paper thin.

Necromancer is what I want. I doubt it will happen - if they were gonna do it, it'd be in shadowlands I'd think.

Bards seem silly to me. I don't understand the appeal. You play music during a fight? Makes no sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    You forgot Warden.

Overall I vote Dark Ranger - another pure ranged DPS is long overdue.

My pick is that there will be no new class. Blizzard has their hands too full of problems already without trying to push through another broken class.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Gnomes and goblins are stupid and should be given as little attention as possible, and Blizzard is never going to go that in depth with diversifying Tinkers to other races that might be able to operate machinery.

Or at least I hope they don't because Draenei tech is the biggest eyesore.

That being said; unfortunately Tinkers are probably the most likely because people are avid supporters of them for some reason.
    Ugh...I will never understand why people have to be so negative about things. Life's too short to hate stuff like that.
    OT: Even though I'd love myself a tinker, the concept of class skins grew on me more and more - I already play with a fake paladin UI with my Lightforged Warrior and one time I even forgot I was one at all and told my friend I'm leveling my paladin. Combining that with the right aesthetics would be beautiful.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    Necromancer is what I want. I doubt it will happen - if they were gonna do it, it'd be in shadowlands I'd think.

Bards seem silly to me. I don't understand the appeal. You play music during a fight? Makes no sense.
    The expansion after Shadowlands is really the most likely place for Necromancers. When you have both Alliance and Horde forces (and leaders) coming back from the realm of the dead with a new appreciation for the powers they witnessed there and less of a stigma of death magic = Scourge = evil. Post-Shadowlands also brings a new power source to be drawn by those in the know, Anima, making for a good resource bar and its various aesthetics to draw from for abilities and specs.

Additionally you now have a free Bolvar and so probably more righteous and upstanding Knights of the Ebon Blade who might be looking for people to help bridge the gap and maintain relations with the other side.

Re: Bards, they are only as silly as they are made. They don't have to dance around and strum happily on a lute. Imperial Vizier Zor'lok (Heart of Fear) is very literally a bard boss, as is Signe in the Nine encounter, but neither are particularly silly, neither is Forresten the ghost rareboss in Stratholme. Atramedes and Murmur both use significant amounts of sound magic but neither one is particularly silly, ditto Chi-ji in his Timeless Isle encounter who has song attacks, and Lady Waycrest uses organ music to attack you in phase one of her encounter in Waycrest Manor.

Many of the Kyrian abilities are sonic-based attack magic but they aren't particularly silly.

Sound and music isn't uncommon in wow fighting, you see it pretty often (Naga, harpies, cranes, bats, banshees etc.) You just need to look past the idea of a bard being some guy in tights standing behind everyone fighting and singing.

Kinda odd that Dragonsworn is being split, while multiple Necromancer concepts can share the same poll option?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Kinda odd that Dragonsworn is being split, while multiple Necromancer concepts can share the same poll option?
    I viewed the two Dragonsworn concepts as fundamentally different from one another, to the point that they are two entirely different class ideas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    Thanks @Teriz for including both of my concepts! ^.^
    Heh, I’d be crazy not to. They’re incredibly well done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quite interesting to see Necromancer performance compared to Dark Ranger. I wonder if people’s apparent tiredness with Sylvanas is partially to blame.

3+ Year Old Account
    Necromancer. But only if it takes ideas from SL and not the Scourge.

I just want a Troll Necromancer lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.