View Poll Results: What will be the next WoW class?

Voters
290. This poll is closed
  • Old Dragonsworn

6 2.07%
  • New Dragonsworn

23 7.93%
  • Necromancer

52 17.93%
  • Dark Ranger

46 15.86%
  • Tinker

93 32.07%
  • Bard

59 20.34%
  • Night Warrior

11 3.79%
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Yea... nope.

having a "none" or "other" option would more accurately show how many people don't care about adding a class, Not voting really doesn't show an accurate number.. That is more likely WHY there wasn't one of those option because then it would show how few people care.
    There wasn’t an option because this poll is for people who actually think we’re getting a future class. Again, if you feel differently, you don’t need to participate.

Yea... nope.

having a "none" or "other" option would more accurately show how many people don't care about adding a class, Not voting really doesn't show an accurate number.. That is more likely WHY there wasn't one of those option because then it would show how few people care.
    Yeah but none is a default state of no confidence for what would be the next class.

By not voting its the same as none. And you don't need a vote option for it considering anyone in the forum who isn't voting is already a 'none' vote.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    It messes up the results though since non votes aren't tracked. The poll itself leads you conclusions, which is the problem with forum posting polls. We are lead to conclude the options presented are the only ones, negating others as well as the option of no addition. At the very least, the poll should be:

- In alphabetical order
    - Feature a clear and concise question (is this a poll for what people want as a class or what they think the next class will be?)
    - Have an option for 'Other'
    - Have at least 1 option for 'None', preferably more than one since there are many reasons why

The problem I have with polls like this is that they tend to get used in class discussions with statements like "Well, class X is the most popular class option as evidenced..." and the poll itself is massively flawed.
    Very true.

I mean theres no real set standard to the poll either so I'm just amusing for the sake of amusement

I'm regarding it based on which fan-generated idea is most appealing and plausible, and that unfortunately dismisses the class I expect Blizzard to consider next.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Kinda odd that Dragonsworn is being split, while multiple Necromancer concepts can share the same poll option?
    Truth be told, Teriz originally put only the necromancer concept from Amunrasonther, but decided to add mine after I chimed in saying I picked the necromancer but prefer my own concepts.

- - - Updated - - -

This poll is useless without adding "None" or something to that effect. None is in fact a valid answer.
    Except the thread is not "should we have a new class, and if so, which should it be?" If you don't want any class to be added... then don't vote?
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

10+ Year Old Account
    Very true.

I mean theres no real set standard to the poll either so I'm just amusing for the sake of amusement

I'm regarding it based on which fan-generated idea is most appealing and plausible, and that unfortunately dismisses the class I expect Blizzard to consider next.
    It’s not really about the fan generated ideas, but more about where people currently stand when it comes to future classes. To be fair, these polls haven’t really shifted much in 2 years. The only real significant change was the decline of Dark Rangers, and a decent uptick for Bards. Beyond that, the future class status quo is pretty close to what it was before the announcement of Shadowlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    There wasn’t an option because this poll is for people who actually think we’re getting a future class. Again, if you feel differently, you don’t need to participate.
    What about those of us who think we'll get a class in the future that isn't reflected here?

Your list is your personal cherry-picked ideas, there are many other, better ones out there that fit more.

Definitely Tinker. It's a fun class with unique design and lot of potential, and it's heavily tied to both pre-existing and concurrent lore and worldbuilding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    What about those of us who think we'll get a class in the future that isn't reflected here?

Your list is your personal cherry-picked ideas, there are many other, better ones out there that fit more.
    Such as? I included the major future class concepts discussed on this forum.

It’s not really about the fan generated ideas, but more about where people currently stand when it comes to future classes.
    But you have two Dragonsworn concepts.

If we are just regarding the Dragonsworn as a future class then what real difference is there if its new or old? I thought you said you separated based on Class concepts you presented here, which is why I didn't vote for either because it was picking between a tabletop RPG class for 3rd edition DND, or a class with way too many specs to realistically ever be made.

Most of the current classes are so homogenized and bland now it's no fun to play them, and you want to add more?
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

10+ Year Old Account
    But you have two Dragonsworn concepts.

If we are just regarding the Dragonsworn as a future class then what real difference is there if its new or old? I thought you said you separated based on Class concepts you presented here, which is why I didn't vote for either because it was picking between a tabletop RPG class for 3rd edition DND, or a class with way too many specs to realistically ever be made.
    Again, I had two Dragonsworn concepts because they're two different concepts that just happen to share a name. There's a fundamental difference between a hero who swears fealty to a dragonflight and gains abilities covenant style, and being an actual dragon disguised as a mortal.

As for my Dragonsworn class thread, you didn't need to take it so literally. Blizzard could just as easily make it a 3 or 4 spec class if they so desired. They could also either combine the existing flights into new flights for the specs, or use the smaller flights such as Storm and Netherwing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see a ranged-tank concept. Something like a hunter that tanks using their pet. Alternatively, just give Hunters and Warlocks a 4th spec (Druids have 4 specs so it's obviously possible) that allows them to tank using their pet. This would help alleviate the tank shortage.

This is a joke poll by making all the options bad. There's 3 classes on there that are 25% of a real class. Tinker is a joke. Minecraft is open for you guys that like that class anytime you want to go play it. Are they really gonna try to get kids into the game for a new audience so hard they're gonna shoot for the 6 year old demographic? There are better answers to new variety and feel....

Enhanced specs gooooooo. Lorewise: We go around and pick up mastery from enemies we've beaten (that have decided to repent or defect in some form) across the ages to learn new skills to take the fight to the next level. There's so many things you could use. Some very quick examples I thought of:
    Marksman becomes dark ranger. Ele sham becomes geomancer, Arms warrior blademaster, Fury warrior becomes berserker, affliction warlock becomes a blight apothecary, (Putress reference) Shadow priest becomes voidsinger, feral druid becomes the untamed spirit(Or loa?), arcane mage becomes chronomancer, Both demon hunter specs could become demon killers or demon masters, reflecting how they've taken down the burning legion after all, etc.
    So much thematic fun you could have and class growth. Would only take a few abilities and passives(between 4-6 combined total) and some cosmetics to leave us feeling like we've actually....grown?
    Scary, I know.

They cannot handle adding another class to this game and balancing it. The healer meta has been stagnant for 5 years. The tank meta is the same but changes on tuning passes. And DPS is determined by bullshit borrowed power of the week. They're hanging on by a thread doing nothing and it would be absurd to see them throw themselves off the edge for something like the intense desire to add "Bob the builder" for their void gods and genocidal light storyline.

10+ Year Old Account
    None. The game doesn’t need new classes. There’s enough combinations available and I’d argue that most of the people demanding a new class don’t play every spec in endgame.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Oh man, linking to your own class threads. Humble.
    The really funny part is "his" concept is 75% copy/pasted from someone else's concept, and he gets called out on it from time to time. He gets extremely defensive when it's brought up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    None. The game doesn’t need new classes. There’s enough combinations available and I’d argue that most of the people demanding a new class don’t play every spec in endgame.
    It's not about NEEDING a new class, it's about adding something new just so you have something new.

You don't NEED most classes/specs. You could trim down the roster considerably and nothing substantial would change.

There isn't really any niche that needs filling, except perhaps one could argue that there's only two mail-armor users right now (Hunter and Shaman) so that might benefit from better distribution - although in an era of personal loot that barely even matters anymore.

One could also make the argument that adding extra tank specs would probably increase the overall number of players playing tanks, simply by virtue of them being new. That wouldn't solve the tank problem, but it might be something to consider at least.

Other than that, no reason other than "this would be cool". And honestly, that should be enough.

*snip*
    Only one that really interests me in that list would be Dragonsworn though I would hope they wouldn't turn it into another tank option, just do a Melee and Ranged dps version of them. As for why, it would add something new to the game so we could get more information about the dragonflights and it would also lead to an Azeroth-centric expac, where the faction conflict isn't the centerpiece. It would also allow for a cata-like world reset that could help the game some.

Necro would cannabalize DKs and Lock's. Bard doesn't really fit WoW since it doesn't really have a system for support classes. That's why short-term Pally blessings and Totem-Centric gameplay for Shamans never really worked out; people want to create big numbers, they don't really want to help other people achieve big numbers. Tinker would cannabalize engineering or be the engineering profession supercharged on short CDs.

Nightwarrior is an interesting one on the surface in that it could lead to lore that would reconnect old troll and old NE lore, bringing Nightwarrior ideas from NEs and Shadowhunter ideas from Trolls, but the main issue with it would be they would just be a shadow/holy/arcane damage version of hunters but without pet mechanics. That may be something to explore in game mechanics but just off the top of my head you end up with a hybrid of MM hunter, Surv Hunter, DH and Combat Rogue...but with more magic abilities....could work I guess.
    The Right isn't universally bad. The Left isn't universally good. The Left isn't universally bad. The Right isn't universally good. Legal doesn't equal moral. Moral doesn't equal legal. Illegal doesn't equal immoral. Immoral doesn't equal illegal.

Have a nice day.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    None. They still haven't fixed the current classes. The unprune helped but what they really need is to take about half of them, scrap everything, and rebuild them as brand new classes so they don't feel utterly the same as every other class. At least for a few expansions.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Necromancer aka Lich as 4th DK spec.

Very true.

I mean, if the thread is just a good laugh and some banter, then sure, no harm no foul. But this realllly feels like the sort of thread we'll see linked to in some upcoming New Class discussion with the attached "As you can see, this is the most popular new class concept!"

Every single class poll I've seen has been massively flawed, yet they get bandied about as 'proof' that such and such a class is the most popular one around. If we are going to use something as largely flawed as a forum poll to gauge this sort of thing and get any real meaning out of it, we should at the very least ensure that the results aren't naturally skewed and there is at least *some* merit to how the poll is put together.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Every single class poll I've seen has been massively flawed, yet they get bandied about as 'proof' that such and such a class is the most popular one around. If we are going to use something as largely flawed as a forum poll to gauge this sort of thing and get any real meaning out of it, we should at the very least ensure that the results aren't naturally skewed and there is at least *some* merit to how the poll is put together.
    Mix of bad timing and low interest in WoW and a poll for new classes because theres literally nothing else interesting to talk about makes polls like these very bad as gauges of interest.

We'll get maybe 500 people voting here before the thread starts getting long in the tooth. I doubt it'd ever break a thousand right since the forums are pretty dead right now.

Compare to say a simple Dragonsworn class post on Reddit 2 yrs ago gets 8.3k upvotes. I don't think theres any real comparison between polls here and actual community-wide interest. You'd never even see 8k people participating in this poll, let alone 1k at this point.

I mean we're literally arguing amongst the same people in different topics for pages and pages... For the past 10 months. Or for some like me, 10 years.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-08-29 at 03:20 AM.