Page 15 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    There we have it @cubby; muto straight up admitting he doesn't know what he's talking about by using a strawman.
    You’re also using a strawman argument saying Utah wasn’t bad with 7 losses because they managed to barely beat a top 5 team.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    There we have it @cubby; muto straight up admitting he doesn't know what he's talking about by using a strawman.
    Agreed. His own information contradicts the two main points he was trying to push. For him, and us, it's clear the CFP needs to expand (the 12 team format seems pretty great).

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    You’re also using a strawman argument saying Utah wasn’t bad with 7 losses because they managed to barely beat a top 5 team.
    I never said Utah was good with a losing season, I mentioned that they were better then you seem capable of giving credit for (Calling a 9 win season bad, LOL)

I never said Utah was good with a losing season, I mentioned that they were better then you seem capable of giving credit for (Calling a 9 win season bad, LOL)
    Their first year in the conference? Absolutely. They played 1 ranked team and lost. Dodging both Stanford and Oregon, which were both top 10 teams. There’s actually a few undefeated teams currently that aren’t as good as their record. I expect them to lose once they have to play good teams. Michigan State being one. Another was Kentucky, but they just lost recently. And they’ll both probably finish with 9 wins. Having 9 wins against a jv squad isn’t the same as having 9 wins against a varsity squad.
    Last edited by muto; 2021-10-21 at 02:59 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Their first year in the conference? Absolutely. They played 1 ranked team and lost. Dodging both Stanford and Oregon, which were both top 10 teams. There’s actually a few undefeated teams currently that aren’t as good as their record. I expect them to lose once they have to play good teams. Michigan State being one. Another was Kentucky, but they just lost recently. And they’ll both probably finish with 9 wins. Having 9 wins against a jv squad isn’t the same as having 9 wins against a varsity squad.
    I'll give you that if Utah had played against Chip Kelly AT OREGON (As in chip kelly coaching oregon, not just oregon playing at Autzen), odds are they would have lost. However, when it comes to Stanford, you really show to be lacking knowledge. In the last 7 meetings (four of which have been Kyle Whittingham vs David Shaw), Utah is 5-2. That dates back to 1989 when Stanford had freaking Tyrone Willingham among others as HC.

The two teams, IN ADDITION, MATCH UP VERY WELL AGAINST EACH OTHER. They have played the exact same style of football since BEFORE the then Pac-10 invited Utah to become it's twelfth team. And as I pointed out, a very shitty Utah team BEAT #5 Stanford despite being ineligible to go bowling. In fact, if Utah plays Stanford in 2011 or 2012, it's far from guaranteed on who wins. My money's on vegas setting the line at even. Do you know what happens to opposing teams that walk in expecting to be handed a win just for showing up to play Utah? They get punched in the mouth and end up leaving with a massive L. Look at Pitt 2004, Alabama 2008, Stanford 2013, USC/UCLA 2014, OREGON 2015. Utah does very well as the underdog, and you'd do well to remember that.

Oh, and remember in 2008, how the only team to beat USC lost the very next week to Utah? I member
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2021-10-21 at 08:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get it that most of the week is pretty boring with no NCAA football, but still entertaining muto's nonsense? At some point you'll just want to move on, right?
    /s

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I get it that most of the week is pretty boring with no NCAA football, but still entertaining muto's nonsense? At some point you'll just want to move on, right?
    In other news I'm trying to prepare myself for the reality that the state of Utah will have five FBS teams in the next five years, and not one of them will be Weber State.

- - - Updated - - -

CUSA looking dealer with each passing day

- - - Updated - - -

LOL KANSAS

- - - Updated - - -
    @Crissi, @cubby you guys seeing this?

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah. Although I bet OK wins anyways, but its amazing lol. Even if OU wins, they do not deserve to be in the playoffs even if undefeated

In other news I'm trying to prepare myself for the reality that the state of Utah will have five FBS teams in the next five years, and not one of them will be Weber State.

- - - Updated - - -

CUSA looking dealer with each passing day

- - - Updated - - -

LOL KANSAS

- - - Updated - - -
    @Crissi, @cubby you guys seeing this?
    11 point lead, nothing else to see here. Move along.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    11 point lead, nothing else to see here. Move along.
    BiG tWeLvE iS nOt ThE wEaKeSt P5

BiG tWeLvE iS nOt ThE wEaKeSt P5
    pArItY tHeY bEaT tHeMsElVeS uP!1!1

Just a reminder, AAC has more ranked teams than the PAC12.
    Last edited by Captain Proton; 2021-10-23 at 07:13 PM.

OU deserved to lose that game but I'll give it to Williams. That was smart and lucky to tear the ball out like he did. It wouldnt have worked any where else and saved OU from actually losing

10+ Year Old Account
    well unless they manage to lose a game, they'll be the most undeserving team in the playoffs since 2014 Florida State. Which means it'll be a slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    well unless they manage to lose a game, they'll be the most undeserving team in the playoffs since 2014 Florida State. Which means it'll be a slaughter.
    mmm bitter Texas fans fuel my soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    mmm bitter Texas fans fuel my soul.
    I mean, its not bitterness rather than the truth, or has OU not been massively under performing and is Georgia not a monster?

Florida State in 2014 was similar. Massively underperformed but because they went undefeated, ended up in the playoffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that was an uninspiring win, but I'll give Michigan credit that this year they seem better in 2nd halves and not just a 1st half team.

On the flipside they seem to have trouble getting off to a fast start at times now so not sure it's not just an even trade.

Michigan also managed to avoid all the trap games leading up to their important conference games, so they have that going for them as well.

Next week at Michigan State is the real test though. They beat Wisconsin in Wisconsin, now they need to prove they can beat a feisty State team at their own stadium too.

5+ Year Old Account
    pArItY tHeY bEaT tHeMsElVeS uP!1!1

Just a reminder, AAC has more ranked teams than the PAC12.
    Pac-12 is more stable right now than either the AAC or the B12. Lol

Pac-12 is more stable right now than either the AAC or the B12. Lol
    Moving the goal post as usual. Lol. But yeah, AAC's best team is going to the Big 12, and BYU who is about to go 4-0 against the PAC12 is joining the Big 12. But PAC12 is somehow better lol.

I mean, its not bitterness rather than the truth, or has OU not been massively under performing and is Georgia not a monster?

Florida State in 2014 was similar. Massively underperformed but because they went undefeated, ended up in the playoffs.
    That's not really a statement on OU. Every team has looked suspect except for Georgia. So you agree with muto that the playoffs shouldn't be expanded?
    Last edited by Captain Proton; 2021-10-23 at 07:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moving the goal post as usual. Lol. But yeah, AAC's best team is going to the Big 12, and BYU who is about to go 4-0 against the PAC12 is joining the Big 12. But PAC12 is somehow better lol.

That's not really a statement on OU. Every team has looked suspect except for Georgia. So you agree with muto that the playoffs shouldn't be expanded?
    Oh no, Im still in favor of expanding because any given sunday chaos is fun. Never know when a 9-7 giants team will defeat the undefeatable Patriots! which means OU could actually defeat Georgia and that would be mildly hilarious. but as long as we're keeping it at 4 and by all the measurables a final 4 is judged by, OU is definately the weakest. Cinci may have almost lost to Navy, but almost losing to Kansas is on another level. And take this from a fan of a team that's actualy lost to Kansas / come way to close to losing to Kansas!

Just seems like this OU team doesnt quite have the oomph that previous OU teams have had. With another year, Williams is probably closer to Baker.

Oh no, Im still in favor of expanding because any given sunday chaos is fun. Never know when a 9-7 giants team will defeat the undefeatable Patriots! which means OU could actually defeat Georgia and that would be mildly hilarious. but as long as we're keeping it at 4 and by all the measurables a final 4 is judged by, OU is definately the weakest. Cinci may have almost lost to Navy, but almost losing to Kansas is on another level. And take this from a fan of a team that's actualy lost to Kansas / come way to close to losing to Kansas!

Just seems like this OU team doesnt quite have the oomph that previous OU teams have had. With another year, Williams is probably closer to Baker.
    See, I just can't agree with that. OU'S SOS is 25, Cinci is 80. Any team in the top 15 would go undefeated with that schedule. It's also why I support expanded playoffs.

That and Alabama has an actual loss.
    Last edited by Captain Proton; 2021-10-23 at 08:05 PM.