Page 1 of 61
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.

NCAAF 2021-2022 Season

Welcome to the NCAA college football thread! season starts today, so time to open up a new thread!

Feel free to talk about anything specifically related to college football here.

AP Rankings:
    1-Georgia
    2-OhioSt
    3-Alabama
    4-Cincinnati
    5-NotreDame
    6-Michigan
    7-OklaSt
    8-OleMiss
    9-Baylor
    10-OU
    11-Oregon
    12-MichSt
    13-BYU
    14-A&M
    15-UTSA
    16-Utah
    17-Iowa
    18-Wisconsin
    19-Houston
    20-Pitt
    21-Wake
    22-SanDiegoSt
    23-Louisiana
    24-NCSt
    25-Arkansas
    CFP Rankings:
    1-Georgia
    2-Bama
    3-Oregon
    4-Ohio St
    5-Cincinnati
    6-Michigan
    7-Mich St
    8-OU
    9-Notre Dame
    10-Okla St
    11-Texas A&M
    12-Wake
    13-Baylor
    14-BYU
    15-Ole Miss
    16-NC St
    17-Auburn
    18-Wisconsin
    19-Purdue
    20-Iowa
    21-Pitt
    22-San Diego St
    23-UTSA
    24-Utah
    25-Arkansas

For the newbies:

Power 5 conferences
    Big 12
    Big 10
    SEC
    ACC
    Pac 12

Non Power 5
    Sunbelt
    Mountain West
    Mid-American
    Conference USA
    AAC
    Independent schools (Notre Dame, BYU ect...)

Reminder: football vs handegg vs soccer is infractable. Pro vs college bashing is also not welcome here.

If you've read this far, the MMO-Champion Big Loser of the Week is: #3 Oregon, for getting creamed by #23 Utah
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2021-11-22 at 02:24 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Week 0 in the books, no upsets as to be expected.

However, 9-9 has to be the weirdest halftime score I've ever seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Michigan did what it had to do today. Running game and O-line looked good. Passing game looked sufficient, but losing Ronnie Bell is going to hurt, however long he is out for.

Defense though? ehhhh. Looked shaky to start, made some bad plays here and there, but also showed that the front 7 might be okay if they stay disciplined.

Next week Washington, going to be a real test. Kinda NEED to win that one if this season is going to go anywhere cause Rutgers doesn;t look like a pushover and the week after that it's Wisconsin AT Wisconsin.

But, today was a good day. Let's hope they build from here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Texas played much better than I expected. Bijan is a monster and should be in the Heisman conversation. our O line leaves a lot to be desired though.

Im really suprised OU nearly lost to Tulane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington lost a game they were hugely favored in. Do not like this at all. Means they'll come to Ann Arbor bent on showing last week is not who they are and play with fire.

Hope Jim Harbaugh can get Michigan fired up too to start that game and we can get Washington on their heels early. Really don't want to go into Week 3 with lacking confidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Washington lost a game they were hugely favored in. Do not like this at all. Means they'll come to Ann Arbor bent on showing last week is not who they are and play with fire.

Hope Jim Harbaugh can get Michigan fired up too to start that game and we can get Washington on their heels early. Really don't want to go into Week 3 with lacking confidence.
    Remember, Texas hired their old defensive coordinator so they should be less scary since his replacement is apparently god awful lol.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oregon looked weak all around in their game against Fresno State. Losing Thibodeaux would be bad - no information on his ankle injury other than not broken and x-rays were clear.

- - - Updated - - -

Washington lost a game they were hugely favored in. Do not like this at all. Means they'll come to Ann Arbor bent on showing last week is not who they are and play with fire. Very worried about vising Ohio State next week.

Losing to Montana is VERY bad. I'm not sure UW can get fired up enough to recover from what might be their most humiliating loss in school history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Oregon looked weak all around in their game against Fresno State. Losing Thibodeaux would be bad - no information on his ankle injury other than not broken and x-rays were clear.

- - - Updated - - -

Losing to Montana is VERY bad. I'm not sure UW can get fired up enough to recover from what might be their most humiliating loss in school history.

Are you sure?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Are you sure?
    How could I be? We're talking college football. The only guarantee is that nothing is for sure.

I am positive that UW's loss to Montana was the worst in school history - a home game, no less. And they couldn't score. Regardless of "getting fired up" for the next game, being able to score is a key component to winning.

Regardless, should be an interesting game.
    Last edited by cubby; 2021-09-06 at 12:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Are you sure?
    That's a freakin rivalry game, you think a team bad enough to lose to Montana is gonna reach rivalry game levels of fired up?
    /s

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    That's a freakin rivalry game, you think a team bad enough to lose to Montana is gonna reach rivalry game levels of fired up?
    Exactly.

People were talking about UW being a Pac-12 Champ contender. Now I'm wondering if they'll win a game this year.

Kelly continues to show what a class act he is.

“I’m in favor of execution, maybe our entire team needs to be executed after tonight”.

After the Florida State game.

Last edited by muto; 2021-09-06 at 03:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Kelly continues to show what a class act he is.

“I’m in favor of execution, maybe our entire team needs to be executed after tonight”.

After the Florida State game.

It is weird to hear a Notre Dame coach steal a line from a famous USC coach. Yes, you're ignorant, that's an old one from the early Tampa Bay Buccaneers days, maybe don't shed too many tears in your faux outrage.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    It is weird to hear a Notre Dame coach steal a line from a famous USC coach. Yes, you're ignorant, that's an old one from the early Tampa Bay Buccaneers days, maybe don't shed too many tears in your faux outrage.
    Not even remotely close.

John McKay said "I'm in favor of it" in response to a reporter's question about his team's execution. Brian Kelly literally said "maybe they should be executed".

I guess it shouldn't be too surprising though since he did have a hand in a kid dying due to his poor judgement.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ory?id=6219373
    Last edited by muto; 2021-09-06 at 06:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, don't let reality interfere with your agenda.
    /s

Nice to see Ohio State lose. Always nice to see a cocky team lose.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oregon defeats Ohio State!

What a fucking awesome game! From start to finish Oregon owned Ohio State. Ran the ball down their throats and had defensive stop after defensive stop. Excited to see how they will fair in the rankings after that dominant win.
    Last edited by cubby; 2021-09-12 at 03:04 AM.

Clemson still looks sloppy on offense and DJ just can't put a touch on the ball for soft throws, not sure what is going on there. We have enough to win in a VERY weak ACC this year but if we hit the CFP like this we will get embarrassed. Bama is by far the front runner for the Natty right now imo.

also GO DUCKS!
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oregon rockets to 4th in the nation after their win over Ohio State.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    Clemson still looks sloppy on offense and DJ just can't put a touch on the ball for soft throws, not sure what is going on there. We have enough to win in a VERY weak ACC this year but if we hit the CFP like this we will get embarrassed. Bama is by far the front runner for the Natty right now imo.

also GO DUCKS!
    That loss to Georgia was brutal...I was shocked to see it. But yesterday's game...damn. Not their usual self right now.

Go DUCKS!

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Oregon rockets to 4th in the nation after their win over Ohio State.

- - - Updated - - -

That loss to Georgia was brutal...I was shocked to see it. But yesterday's game...damn. Not their usual self right now.

Go DUCKS!
    yeah I wasn't surprised we lost to UGA ... i was shocked at how bad our offense was.. and still is.

also wow we didn't move.. and Iowa and Oregon jumped us, that is a bit extreme esp the ducks jumping that high x.x
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22