Page 33 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I mean that’s just the SEC, it’s the toughest conference for a reason. It’s stacked. There’s teams in there that have 3 to 5 losses that would be zero to 2 loss teams in the ACC, PAC 12, or Big 12. Also yeah it sucks G5’s can’t make the National Championship, but players shouldn’t have that expectation when they go to play for a G5. There are still other nice bowls G5’s can go to.
    Honestly the conference crap is lame... its not like a school can just say hey I want to play in the SEC or ACC or whatever this year.. They are where they are and it shouldn't help or hurt them IMO. Its why a REAL playoff system is needed. the SEC East is no better than anyone outside of UGA, and the west this year is pretty average as well.

and I disagree any FBS school that is going to be ranked with them all should have a shot at the natty esp if they are winning out. If that is not going to be the case they need their own system for the G5

funny that it works in the FCS (https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...cket-announced) maybe its something else at work at the FBS level... ya know like money and only money that keeps such a bias system in place
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Except it is.
    And that's why we ignore most of your statements. Thanks for confirming that.

Let us know if you want to participate with the conversation that involves analysis and evidence. It's patently clear that most SEC teams wouldn't fair any better in another conference, given the head-to-head games we've seen this year. But you keep on with your *FEELS*.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    Honestly the conference crap is lame... its not like a school can just say hey I want to play in the SEC or ACC or whatever this year.. They are where they are and it shouldn't help or hurt them IMO. Its why a REAL playoff system is needed. the SEC East is no better than anyone outside of UGA, and the west this year is pretty average as well.

and I disagree any FBS school that is going to be ranked with them all should have a shot at the natty esp if they are winning out. If that is not going to be the case they need their own system for the G5

funny that it works in the FCS (https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...cket-announced) maybe its something else at work at the FBS level... ya know like money and only money that keeps such a bias system in place
    I agree we need the expanded CFP system. But I don't know that money is a factor - more playoff games would probably mean more money, or at least not a decrease in money. I think the reason the change is so slow is like most problems in the world, old people run things, and they are the least likely to change something.
    Last edited by cubby; 2021-11-21 at 10:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    With how Georgia is playing, neither would they to be fair
    Now you're getting to muto levels of absurdity to claim playing in the SEC makes for an easier schedule. The SEC is nothing special this year, but it isn't worse than other conferences. If a team is winning there, they'd win elsewhere, if they're losing in the SEC they'd lose elsewhere. Just because people like muto can't bludgeon people with conference superiority this year doesn't mean the reverse has become true.
    /s

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Not looking good for Oregon.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure Utah could have scripted a better first half.
    What was worse? 2015 Utah Oregon or 2021 Utah Oregon?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Now you're getting to muto levels of absurdity to claim playing in the SEC makes for an easier schedule. The SEC is nothing special this year, but it isn't worse than other conferences. If a team is winning there, they'd win elsewhere, if they're losing in the SEC they'd lose elsewhere. Just because people like muto can't bludgeon people with conference superiority this year doesn't mean the reverse has become true.
    Everyone can bludgeon muto with pac12 superiority. Also not sure how I was claiming the SEC is worse by stating that Georgia could probably win anywhere this year

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    What was worse? 2015 Utah Oregon or 2021 Utah Oregon?
    Probably 2021. We had a real shot at the CFP, especially given the SEC champ [expected] results. However, Oregon hasn't been really good all year, except in Columbus, and this comes as more of a relief for me than anything else. Don't get me wrong, I loved us being in the Conversation, but it's doubtful we would have beat Utah twice, so we wouldn't have made the CFP regardless. And even if we did, Ohio State looks insane right now. And Oregon, at least for me, was never *really* good this year. Not win-the-Natty-good at least. It would have been nice, of course, but now we'll have some realistic chances at the Rose Bowl or another decent one.

And it really looks like the Natty is shaping up to be Georgia vs Ohio State.

One really interesting irony here is that had Oregon won out, we would more than likely be playing OSU in the CFP semifinals, and I seriously doubt we would have won that. And a loss to them at the end of the season would have negated our great win against them in the beginning, and now that almost certainly won't happen (unless somehow we meet in the Rose Bowl, which is slim to none, and slim already left town).

So really, thanks. Now we're hungry for a rematch. We'll probably beat the Beavers on Saturday, and then see you kids in the Pac-12 Conf Champ. Are Oregon plays very well in a rematch.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to say, I think, with respect, you misunderstood what Lilithvia was saying. I believe they were just pushing up how good Georgia is this year. Not any other teams or conferences.

10+ Year Old Account
    The SEC is awesome this year. Look at Florida. They just got rid of their head coach because they were doing so well that they decided to give everyone else a fair chance.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    ).

So really, thanks. Now we're hungry for a rematch. We'll probably beat the Beavers on Saturday, and then see you kids in the Pac-12 Conf Champ. Are Oregon plays very well in a rematch.
    In pac12 conf rematches, the team who won the first match is 5-1. So, trend says nah bruh

Also weren't you just complaining about not wanting a rematch because you knew you were going to lose?
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2021-11-22 at 02:11 AM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    In pac12 conf rematches, the team who won the first match is 5-1. So, trend says nah bruh

Also weren't you just complaining about not wanting a rematch because you knew you were going to lose?
    It's interesting that when it comes to statistics, it literally doesn't matter for one game. People so often lose track of that, especially those that are worried about upcoming results.

No, I was not. Looking forward to it.

AP Top 25
    1 Georgia
    2 Ohio State
    3 Alabama
    4 Cincinnati
    5 Notre Dame
    6 Michigan
    7 Oklahoma State
    8 Ole Miss
    9 Baylor
    10 Oklahoma

Does Bama fall out of the Top 4 with a loss in the SEC Championship game?

5+ Year Old Account
    It's interesting that when it comes to statistics, it literally doesn't matter for one game. People so often lose track of that, especially those that are worried about upcoming results.

No, I was not. Looking forward to it.
    Can't wait to watch Thib be blocked all game by Kincaid again

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    AP Top 25
    1 Georgia
    2 Ohio State
    3 Alabama
    4 Cincinnati
    5 Notre Dame
    6 Michigan
    7 Oklahoma State
    8 Ole Miss
    9 Baylor
    10 Oklahoma

Does Bama fall out of the Top 4 with a loss in the SEC Championship game?
    Yes, yes it does.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to watch Thib be blocked all game by Kincaid again
    I guess you missed the first game then. Thib wasn't "blocked all game by Kincaid", rofl. Utah played very smart and had plays designed to move away from Thib depending on where he lined up. It was very well done. The Utes OC did a fantastic job of playing their multiple Tight Ends. Just an all around great performance.

Thib out performed Lloyd across the board.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, yes it does.
    Agreed. Bama is out if/when they lose to Georgia. And that game is going to be fantastic. Alabama is playing like they deserve wins, and it shows. Georgia is playing like they are hungry for wins. Depending on how the season plays out they might end up a top 10 all time team. Ohio State, who lost to Oregon, is the only team really standing in their way.

5+ Year Old Account
    I guess you missed the first game then. Thib wasn't "blocked all game by Kincaid", rofl. Utah played very smart and had plays designed to move away from Thib depending on where he lined up. It was very well done. The Utes OC did a fantastic job of playing their multiple Tight Ends. Just an all around great performance.

Thib out performed Lloyd across the board.
    ThIb OuTpErFoRmEd LlOyD

Really? Thib was mostly involved in shoring up his team's awful LB play, most times his name had a stat assigned was him tackling Tavion, Covey, or Fotheringham after a first down

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by plz delete account; 2021-11-22 at 02:55 AM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    ThIb OuTpErFoRmEd LlOyD

Really? Thib was mostly involved in shoring up his team's awful LB play, most times his name had a stat assigned was him tackling Tavion, Covey, or Fotheringham after a first down
    Yes, really. Even after Utah did everything they could to try and shut him down. Thib is insane how good he is - defenses are actively trying to shut him out of plays. And on Saturday Utah did a great job of that.

You're so cute when someone pushes back. Seriously, it's adorable.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, thanks. Utah beating us takes all the pressure off. Gives us a good chance at the Rose, too.

On another note, I think the CFP is set already, barring some rando loss:

1. Georgia
    2. Ohio State
    3. Cincy
    4. Michigan (?)

Actually, maybe not that set. #4 is still pretty up in the air. Michigan still has to lose to Ohio State on Saturday.

Well shit - #4 it totally up in the air. Might not even be another Big Ten team. ND might have a shot at it. Thoughts?
    Last edited by cubby; 2021-11-22 at 03:44 AM.

5+ Year Old Account

Again, thanks. Utah beating us takes all the pressure off. Gives us a good chance at the Rose, too.
    look mom I found a zoob

- - - Updated - - -

Again, Thib had like what, two pressures? The rest of his play was catchup. I watched.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    look mom I found a zoob

- - - Updated - - -

Again, Thib had like what, two pressures? The rest of his play was catchup. I watched.
    Just going by the stats. He had two or three, yeah. Utah prepped the hell out of their offense for him - it was amazing how much they neutralized him. Great job by the OC. Amongst all the things that the announcers were talking about during that trouncing, they continued to mention how much Thib was removed as a threat.

Your attitude about this is really interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe even Oklahoma State for the CFP #4 spot?

I think Walker is out for Heisman as well. Their huge loss to OSU and him not producing anything really killed him. Too bad. Another QB to the House.

5+ Year Old Account
    Just going by the stats. He had two or three, yeah. Utah prepped the hell out of their offense for him - it was amazing how much they neutralized him. Great job by the OC. Amongst all the things that the announcers were talking about during that trouncing, they continued to mention how much Thib was removed as a threat.

Your attitude about this is really interesting.
    Virgin announcers versus Chad Utah enjoyer

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Virgin announcers versus Chad Utah enjoyer
    Right....

So who is going to be #4 on Tuesday? Or, more of a conversation, who will end up #4 at the final? Michigan is going to lose to OSU on Saturday. MSU is out. Wisconsin is out as well, as they will fall to OSU in the Big Ten conf champ game. If they win out, maybe Oklahoma State or Notre Dame?

Alright lets count it.

National Championships by conference in the BCS era

SEC = 9
    ACC = 3
    Big 10 = 1
    PAC 12 = 1
    Big 12 = 2

and in the playoff era

SEC = 4
    ACC = 2
    Big 10 = 1
    PAC 12 = 0
    Big 12 = 0

But go ahead and keep thinking the SEC isn't the best conference, even the proof is right in front of you. SEC has 4 and 5 star athletes across the board.

5+ Year Old Account
    Alright lets count it.

National Championships by conference in the BCS era

SEC = 9
    ACC = 3
    Big 10 = 1
    PAC 12 = 1
    Big 12 = 2

and in the playoff era

SEC = 4
    ACC = 2
    Big 10 = 1
    PAC 12 = 0
    Big 12 = 0

But go ahead and keep thinking the SEC isn't the best conference, even the proof is right in front of you. SEC has 4 and 5 star athletes across the board.
    If by best you mean lopsided, then sure. And ask Florida and LSU and USC how those 5 stars are doing

Meanwhile Devin Lloyd, a high 2 star is going to be a top draft pick

- - - Updated - - -

Right....

So who is going to be #4 on Tuesday? Or, more of a conversation, who will end up #4 at the final? Michigan is going to lose to OSU on Saturday. MSU is out. Wisconsin is out as well, as they will fall to OSU in the Big Ten conf champ game. If they win out, maybe Oklahoma State or Notre Dame?
    Cinci top 4 gang

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Cinci top 4 gang
    Yeah, we know that already. Who's going to end up as the 4th team? Georgia, OSU, Cincy are locks if they win out. Alabama should drop after Georgia rolls over them. So the question is who gets that last spot.