Page 34 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Yeah, we know that already. Who's going to end up as the 4th team? Georgia, OSU, Cincy are locks if they win out. Alabama should drop after Georgia rolls over them. So the question is who gets that last spot.
    I think @MoanaLisa; deserves it

- - - Updated - - -

Thib wasn't even the best defensive lineman player on the field on saturday
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2021-11-23 at 01:40 AM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    I think @MoanaLisa; deserves it

- - - Updated - - -

Thib wasn't even the best defensive lineman player on the field on saturday
    Remind me where I said he was the best defensive lineman on the field Saturday? I'll wait.

In case you forgot, which you did, all I said was that Thib did better than Llyod. Which Thib did. Edit: Hey look! I found it! I only had to go back a page, and actually read the post. So simple! Shout if you're confused about this one thing which for some reason you just can't let go, even after everything else.

Your reaction to this is really, really interesting.
    Last edited by cubby; 2021-11-23 at 02:13 AM.

Yeah, we know that already. Who's going to end up as the 4th team? Georgia, OSU, Cincy are locks if they win out. Alabama should drop after Georgia rolls over them. So the question is who gets that last spot.
    If they put Cincy in, it will just be to set an example and silence the G5 promoters after they get stomped by Georgia, or whichever other teams end up in the top 4. Then maybe we can stop hearing about an expanded playoff or G5’s in the playoff.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Remind me where I said he was the best defensive lineman on the field Saturday? I'll wait.

In case you forgot, which you did, all I said was that Thib did better than Llyod. Which Thib did. Edit: Hey look! I found it! I only had to go back a page, and actually read the post. So simple! Shout if you're confused about this one thing which for some reason you just can't let go, even after everything else.

Your reaction to this is really, really interesting.
    It's almost like I was in the corner where Klay dropped the ball, in the other corner where soon to be Utah WR Carrington III caught a dagger, and then watch Utah get dismantled in a conference championship by the hands of a certain football team

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    If they put Cincy in, it will just be to set an example and silence the G5 promoters after they get stomped by Georgia, or whichever other teams end up in the top 4. Then maybe we can stop hearing about an expanded playoff or G5’s in the playoff.
    Reminder: nothing you've ever said, ever, in this thread suggests that an expanded playoff would be a bad idea.
    Last edited by cubby; 2021-11-23 at 04:00 AM.

Alright lets count it.

National Championships by conference in the BCS era

SEC = 9
    ACC = 3
    Big 10 = 1
    PAC 12 = 1
    Big 12 = 2

and in the playoff era

SEC = 4
    ACC = 2
    Big 10 = 1
    PAC 12 = 0
    Big 12 = 0

But go ahead and keep thinking the SEC isn't the best conference, even the proof is right in front of you. SEC has 4 and 5 star athletes across the board.
    This only proves the best team in those years were in the SEC, if the ACC was on top of that list would they be the best? nope... The ACC was very down one year when Clemson won. Also the ACC is often called the worst P5, but yet in your chart, it's the 2nd best by your measures. Conference loyalty and teams getting bonus points in polls (basically) is so silly to me.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    This only proves the best team in those years were in the SEC, if the ACC was on top of that list would they be the best? nope... The ACC was very down one year when Clemson won. Also the ACC is often called the worst P5, but yet in your chart, it's the 2nd best by your measures. Conference loyalty and teams getting bonus points in polls (basically) is so silly to me.
    And, it still doesn't prove best conference overall. Just which conferences who had the teams that happened to win that year. As we've seen this year and plenty before, when we get head-to-head matches between conferences, the SEC does just ok. As they did this year - with LSU losing to UCLA and then almost beating Alabama.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post

Yes, if the ACC was on the top of that list they would be the best. There was a time when the ACC and Big 8 were the best conferences back in the 80s, and 90s, but it's now the SEC, and the Big 10. Also the ACC is not the worst conference, it's probably the 2nd worst after the Pac 12. Watching Oregon get destroyed by Utah pretty much confirmed that. USC hasn't been good since Pete Carroll, and Stanford fell off after Harbaugh left, and Washington fell off after Chris Petersen left. Yeah Oregon beat Ohio State at the beginning of the year, but if they played them again they'd lose by 30. Ohio State is firing on all cylinders currently, and Oregon can't get their car started. It's seems like Chip Kelly is turning UCLA around at least, so that's something. ASU is also doing well under Herm Edwards, but they're being investigated by the NCAA for recruiting violations.

Oh forgot to mention Oregon State as well. Seems they're improving as well, but they can thank Nebraska for that. Mike Riley was not a good coach.
    Last edited by muto; 2021-11-23 at 09:07 AM.

Yes, if the ACC was on the top of that list they would be the best. There was a time when the ACC and Big 8 were the best conferences back in the 80s, and 90s, but it's now the SEC, and the Big 10. Also the ACC is not the worst conference, it's probably the 2nd worst after the Pac 12. Watching Oregon get destroyed by Utah pretty much confirmed that. USC hasn't been good since Pete Carroll, and Stanford fell off after Harbaugh left, and Washington fell off after Chris Petersen left. Yeah Oregon beat Ohio State at the beginning of the year, but if they played them again they'd lose by 30. Ohio State is firing on all cylinders currently, and Oregon can't get their car started. It's seems like Chip Kelly is turning UCLA around at least, so that's something. ASU is also doing well under Herm Edwards, but they're being investigated by the NCAA for recruiting violations.

Oh forgot to mention Oregon State as well. Seems they're improving as well, but they can thank Nebraska for that. Mike Riley was not a good coach.
    I'll just say stranger measure for best conference...
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

5+ Year Old Account
    WaTcHiNg A cOnFeReNcE hAvE pArItY jUsT mEaNs ThAt CoNfErEnCe Is BaD = muto

Like... what? The ACC was considered to be all but knocked out the moment Wake Forest had a single loss, meanwhile the PAC was considered a strong contender and people were saying Utah should intentionally lose to Oregon so we could have a CFP bid and a NY6, to which I said "fuck that I want a conference championship."

Daily reminder Utah literally beat 4-5 teams that ended up ranked in 2008 and people like muto said we weren't good enough

Also @cubby; if you can't tell, I really don't like Oregon. I can deal with the fans and players, but fuck the program
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2021-11-23 at 07:17 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Also @cubby; if you can't tell, I really don't like Oregon. I can deal with the fans and players, but fuck the program
    You don't like the program? What does that even mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    My disdain for Oregon is entirely uniform based.
    /s

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    My disdain for Oregon is entirely uniform based.
    We do love our uniforms. Phil Knight is so fucking awesome.

5+ Year Old Account
    You don't like the program? What does that even mean?
    I don't like how tough and blueblood you guys think you are just because you have Nike sugar daddies and think you're so badass and that you've always been relevant when you've only been so since 2010. And then talking smack when we just smacked you down as if you're going to win a rematch that stats, odds, etc say you're not favored to win as if you're some aforementioned badass

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget to mention Kaelin Klay dropping the ball on the 2 yard line, and you have a recipe to piss any Ute off.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't like how tough and blueblood you guys think you are just because you have Nike sugar daddies and think you're so badass and that you've always been relevant when you've only been so since 2010. And then talking smack when we just smacked you down as if you're going to win a rematch that stats, odds, etc say you're not favored to win as if you're some aforementioned badass
    Multiple conf champs, the only Pac-12 CFP showing, a Heisman trophy, and a solid winning record in the Pac-10/12 since 1994. I would be pretty jealous, too, if I were a Ute fan.

You really need to keep your Utah emotion away from the facts. Muto might start inviting you to his parties....
    Last edited by cubby; 2021-11-23 at 11:53 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Multiple conf champs, the only Pac-12 CFP showing, a Heisman trophy, and a solid winning record in the Pac-10/12 since 1994. I would be pretty jealous, too, if I were a Ute fan.

You really need to keep your Utah emotion away from the facts. Muto might start inviting you to his parties....
    "The only PAC-12 CFP showing" and here we go with the inaccuracies already. Washington was the latest pac-12 CFP showing. also 38-7

Committee put Cincinnati at #4. They’re gonna get ROLLED if they end up in the playoff. Cannot wait to watch a blowout.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    "The only PAC-12 CFP showing" and here we go with the inaccuracies already. Washington was the latest pac-12 CFP showing. also 38-7
    "Already" - let me know what else I was inaccurate on.

You Ute's are hysterical. Also, historical record of the two teams - Oregon 23-11. The rest of my statement still stands strong. It's adorable that you focus on the one misstatement and then ignore the rest. Muto would be proud.

Oregon has been a pac-12 powerhouse since 1994. But please, go on about "since 2010".

- - - Updated - - -

Committee put Cincinnati at #4. They’re gonna get ROLLED if they end up in the playoff. Cannot wait to watch a blowout.
    Damn...and they are locked in there, too - assuming they win out. ND can't jump ahead because Cincy beat them. Michigan beating OSU will mean those two just swap, leaving Cincy as #4.

Georgia might have the easiest path to the Natty in the history of the CFP. The only thing better than the easy path is if Cincy actually beat them. THAT would be fucking awesome.

"Already" - let me know what else I was inaccurate on.

You Ute's are hysterical. Also, historical record of the two teams - Oregon 23-11. The rest of my statement still stands strong. It's adorable that you focus on the one misstatement and then ignore the rest. Muto would be proud.

Oregon has been a pac-12 powerhouse since 1994. But please, go on about "since 2010".

- - - Updated - - -

Damn...and they are locked in there, too - assuming they win out. ND can't jump ahead because Cincy beat them. Michigan beating OSU will mean those two just swap, leaving Cincy as #4.

Georgia might have the easiest path to the Natty in the history of the CFP. The only thing better than the easy path is if Cincy actually beat them. THAT would be fucking awesome.
    They might move them to #3, and put Oklahoma or Oklahoma State at #4. This is assuming Alabama loses to Georgia. If Alabama beats Georgia I think they just swap places. Either way they’re playing SEC or Big 10 right off the get.

5+ Year Old Account
    Cinci top 4