10+ Year Old Account

What are you predictions/desires for Sage and Reaper?

Basically what the thread title says. What do you want from the new jobs in Endwalker?

Reaper

The first proc based melee job with a gauge that can be spent to fuse with it's voidsent for a burst phase that changes its abilities/rotation. I'd also like to see it have some utility in the form of an instant cast raise on a cooldown.

My reasoning for this is as follows: We've already seen the reaper fusing with it's voidsent buddy, so that's a given. I think it'd be cool if it also changed the reaper's abilities like what we saw from the Phoenix phase of Summoner. Additionally, Casters and Ranged Phys both have jobs that have more proc based gameplay in Black Mage (kinda) and Red Mage for casters and Dancer and Bard for Ranged Phys. Currently though, all of the melee have very static rotations with no RNG in them. While there's nothing wrong with that, some people do like a more reactive gameplay and I think Reaper could fill that role. As for the rez, while it isn't truly a necro, it is essentially what a Necro would be without the undead part.

Sage

So I imagine this being a more offensively focused healer considering its weapons are floating laser guns. I'd like to see it have a little bit more of an indepth dps rotation. I think it could also borrow some ideas from the Disc Priest in WoW, where it can convert it's damage into healing. Perhaps a gauge that you can fill up and then activate when needed to add group healing to your damaging abilities.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's precisely what I'd want for Reaper. Extra kudos if they let the raise be similar to the way Death Knights raised players back in Wrath, or they added a Shadow of Death-like mechanic to them. Other than that, a reactive-style priority melee class would keep me playing the game longer. When I play the game, I'm often conflicted because I have to play in a reactive way while also playing a predictable rotation. It sort of makes me have to think in two opposite ways at the same time, and I just can't. It's not how my brain works.

My prediction is that - like the Stormblood and ShB jobs - the new EW jobs will be much more fun to play than the ARR and HW jobs. Also, despite Reaper being aesthetically "edgy", we will once again not be able to perform any remotely morally grey actions in the questline. "Edgy" in name only, still a paragon do-gooder.

- - - Updated - - -

The Sage's weapons are based on the fin funnels from UC Gundam. Fin Funnels are thought controlled by the pilot. It would be nice to see a reference to CCA, where Amuro (the hero) accidentally killed someone with his fin funnels just by letting his thoughts wander and momentarily thinking about killing that one dude. Could be a backstory for the job NPC.

I am hoping they are fun to play

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Basically what the thread title says. What do you want from the new jobs in Endwalker?

Reaper

The first proc based melee job with a gauge that can be spent to fuse with it's voidsent for a burst phase that changes its abilities/rotation. I'd also like to see it have some utility in the form of an instant cast raise on a cooldown.

My reasoning for this is as follows: We've already seen the reaper fusing with it's voidsent buddy, so that's a given. I think it'd be cool if it also changed the reaper's abilities like what we saw from the Phoenix phase of Summoner. Additionally, Casters and Ranged Phys both have jobs that have more proc based gameplay in Black Mage (kinda) and Red Mage for casters and Dancer and Bard for Ranged Phys. Currently though, all of the melee have very static rotations with no RNG in them. While there's nothing wrong with that, some people do like a more reactive gameplay and I think Reaper could fill that role. As for the rez, while it isn't truly a necro, it is essentially what a Necro would be without the undead part.

Sage

So I imagine this being a more offensively focused healer considering its weapons are floating laser guns. I'd like to see it have a little bit more of an indepth dps rotation. I think it could also borrow some ideas from the Disc Priest in WoW, where it can convert it's damage into healing. Perhaps a gauge that you can fill up and then activate when needed to add group healing to your damaging abilities.
    Just going to put these here, because a lot of these predictions or assumptions have already been addressed and/or debunked based on the analysis on the job action trailer and live letter demonstration.

Reaper:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eap9y6oeLmI

Sage:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsujSpvW-gI

Reaper is not proc based at ALL and Sage is most definitely a more offensively focused healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Oh lord....Eucrasia sounds like old Dark Arts all over again.
    I got that exact same vibe too, except worse because Dark Arts had a pretty hefty MP cost which prevented you from spamming it and meant you needed to be slightly strategic with it's use.

Watching this video with the actual game play footage (at ~3:00) showing the MP usage, Eucrasia doesn't have an MP cost! So it can be spammed and used on practically every ability, if so desired. That's crazy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrk5Vf1dx4w

I wanted reaper to have WIDER scythe effects. Current ones looks a bit like a toothpick.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

I would definately love to see the class story behind them. ontop of what Val mentioned for Sage, I feel Reaper will tie into the entire Garlean refugee matter and how we migt be fighting alongside Garlean soldiers against the terminus
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2021-10-02 at 10:43 AM.