Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Yeah, that's because Covenant content is so irrelevant, that nobody cares about it, while it should be major part of xpack's content.
    What content??
    The soulbinds which are essentially artifact traits but generic and pointless
    Or the campaign which is 2 hours of content spread through months
    Maybe the sanctum upgrades could have been more enjoyable if they weren’t generic minus the one building which are
    Buggy arena requiring grinding
    Party day that requires chores
    Building zombies that requires chores
    Seed farm that requires nothing but waiting

Adding more content would have made the current issues worse

Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    Everyone is complaining its some desperate attempt to grab players back that should have been in game from the start. People still flaming blizz and the new systems coming in 9.1.5.

New management is taking over and immediately making positive changes, why is this a bad thing? This is a promising thing for the future.
    I've played more heavily than I would like to admit since TBC and this already was a more alt friendly/new player than other expansions (even more so than Legion and BfA were which seem to be the most similar comparisons to modern wow). Now I do admit I mainly M+ and can gear a toon to 230+ in about a week and already have 4 alts key logging, but as someone that mainly stays off the toxic forums and just enjoys the game I don't see much validation in the complaints besides, possibly, entering pvp as a new/alt player. Is this just an echo chamber for blizz bashing now?
    seriously, what do you expect?

- ppl told Blizz what they want and how to improve game design, since beta. they did not listen.
    - actual changes shouldnt even be necessary, if design would be done right in the first place (see above point).
    - ppl are feeded since Legion with cost effective stuff, aka cheap shit, instead of quality and content.
    - the changes are cheap. and quickly done. ppl not waving hands for some cheap changes.
    - blizz repeated above scenarios since years. ppl are just tired of that shit.

so, what you expected?
    that ppl going „woohoo some cheap changes“ or „woohoo better than nothing“?
    not all ppl, paying 15 bugs a month, lowered their expectations that low, that they totally accept a patch like 9.1 and not expect ANYTHING for the rest of the year and then going „woohoo“ when they get a few cosmetics and system changes.

i mean, are your expectations really THAT low ???
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-08-30 at 04:48 AM.

Taking the Dick out of the salad when I didn't order a Dick in the salad is not something to congratulate someone over
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    What content??
    The soulbinds which are essentially artifact traits but generic and pointless
    Or the campaign which is 2 hours of content spread through months
    Maybe the sanctum upgrades could have been more enjoyable if they weren’t generic minus the one building which are
    Buggy arena requiring grinding
    Party day that requires chores
    Building zombies that requires chores
    Seed farm that requires nothing but waiting

Adding more content would have made the current issues worse
    i assume when he talks about covenant content, he means:

- a few simple UIs (soulbind, anima, adventures).
    - the database entries for items (like soulbind upgrade items), linked to this UIs.
    - some items (like shards), which are again, database entries.
    - a few lines of logic code.
    - the (autogenerated) quests, pulled out of database, by game engine, built in 2005.

i assume this is, what he means with covenant „content“.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Araya View Post
    Taking the Dick out of the salad when I didn't order a Dick in the salad is not something to congratulate someone over
    a PERFECT comparisson!

you made me laugh! thx!

Last edited by Niwes; 2021-08-30 at 04:54 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    You had the option to farm several things, Nothing was madnatory. Ifyou don't like differnt paths, if that is too much for you, then this is about You. cheers

- - - Updated - - -

but acting like SL is alt friendly and not grindy is simply a lie. In Bfa everything was for free, even gear.
    I mean sure, nothing is mandatory. Essences weren't mandatory, leggos aren't mandatory to play the game either. And what the hell even " free gear" means? You could always get it from multiple sources with limited effort. In BfA you had to catch up to be relevant: Azerite gear, Essences to rank 3, Corruption gear rank 3 and then lvl up cloak. If you say it was more "alt friendly" (which I don't even think you know what it evens means, alt friendly is how fast you bring your alt up to speed and play it along your main) then you are delusional AF, and so alone in your statements.

Cheers.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Most of what passes for criticism here is useless crap. So too a lot of the vapid, empty praise.
    Your not wrong. It's easy to say that the concept of covenants for example are horrible. It's harder to go into detail.

For example for performance players they are terrible pigeonholing players into one high end, end game unless it just so happens they are so unbalanced one covenant reigns supreme.

For casual players they offer a pitfall where weeks of progress are shown to be wasted if the gap in covenants was so large it massively hindered their ability to advance in content ( granted outside of mythic this was rare).

Now that focuses on the game play implications but what about its stated goal of giving the player a sense of individuality and personalization?

I would argue it failed utterly there to. The covenants offer to easily to obtain rewards for them to feel meaning. Even the hardest cosmetic reward to acquire the kyrian set doesn't really offer a unique enough flare to push people towards obtaining it. The system restricts players without offering them a tangible benefit.

That said simply saying something terrible is still uselssful even if it's not so in depth just as saying you like something. A lot of the spite towards blizzard stems from their utter disdain and arrogance when it comes to their playerbase...

I want to make something painful clear. For the past 3 expansions blizzard has failed utterly to provide new forms of content or systems that succeeded with their playerbase barring the exception of the mage tower. This is a company that had thousands of it's best players testing their game for free offer hundreds of thousands of hours of data and thousands of pages of feedback constantly and consistantly warning them of their failures..

There shouldn't be any wonder why the community is done being charitable in anyway. I can't imagine any other business where you could fail constantly for over three years and still be employed much less still giving of a " we know best" attitude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Conduits being freely swappable is a net negative?
    Yes. Now I'm forced to swap conduits between every boss in raid.

New character customizations are a net negative?
    Yes, they're spending time on meaningless things.

Legion timewalking is a net negative?
    Yes, that's absolutely absurd idea.

Skippable maw introduction is a net negative? Easier allied race unlocks? Easier alt leveling?
    Yes. Alts should not be easy to acquire, because they'll become mandatory even for casual raiding. Alts are supposed to be time-consuming.

I mean, did you even look at the changes?
    I did. I'm playing this game after all.
    Last edited by vsb; 2021-08-30 at 06:00 AM.

we have a saying in my country....."who gets burned by hot milk blows even on cold yoghurt"

Because people are stupid. People think it's not a change in underlying game design philosophy. Yes we all wanted these changes 10 months ago, but we are also getting these changes 10 months ahead of time, which is a HUGE change than what we are use to. This has a very HIGH chance of being the change in philosophy we have all been wanting. People are complaining cause they watched Asmongold instead of coming up with their own opinion. This is all positive stuff and people are too much of sheep to see it

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Yes. Now I'm forced to swap conduits between every boss in raid.

Yes, they're spending time on meaningless things.

Yes, that's absolutely absurd idea.

Yes. Alts should not be easy to acquire, because they'll become mandatory even for casual raiding. Alts are supposed to b

I did. I'm playing this game after all.
    Yes dude, you will be "forced" to swap covs every boss, especially these on farms that die to one-shot.

Yes dude, char customization is meaningless and not liked at all. People didn't loose their shit when more customization options were introduced were introduced in SL.

Yes dude Timewalking is so dumb, let the old content be forgotten and let us all run same 8 dungeons for 2y.

Yes dude, that 30 min Maw intro is sooo haaard and it will make all the casual guilds that currently progress normal/heroic force alts, just like they did in previous expansions when you didn't have these restrictions. Oh wait.

Gotta say this, never have I seen someone "location" fit so well with their posting content.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post

I want to make something painful clear. For the past 3 expansions blizzard has failed utterly to provide new forms of content or systems that succeeded with their playerbase barring the exception of the mage tower. This is a company that had thousands of it's best players testing their game for free offer hundreds of thousands of hours of data and thousands of pages of feedback constantly and consistantly warning them of their failures..
    Imagine being this blind, grats on following opinions and not understanding them. M+ has been a huge success, WQ's are a huge step up in comparison to picking up the same dailies over and over, auto scaling world content allowing you to level how you want in the zone you want and as of SL the ability to properly skip all the story content once completed. Yep look at all these failed systems that no one likes... not a one. There are problems with the game and plenty of them but holy shit the opinions in this thread blow my mind. Id love to see the "systems" that come out of the smooth brain posters here.

Quote Originally Posted by Trexar View Post
    those changes are year to late
    True, but also a year early

10+ Year Old Account
    Good lord do people think too highly of their own opinions and how much they should be "cherished" for them.

If they're making changes people want... better late than never.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Sure, but new management needs to start somewhere.
    Its not new developers though.

The top brass might have changed but the fry cooks and the chefs have not been changed at all. They're still cooking up the same shitty meals you got back in 2016.

That they're serving you shitty meals faster is not an improvement.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-08-30 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Good thing you are still here in August to tell everyone.

By the way this thread is going...y'all rejoice. I hope Blizzard shuts down the game and it will make all your lives happier. And also MMO-C goes off line and y'all find another place to ejaculate your pitch black hate...oh...sorry..."constructive feedback"
    Do you have a fragile ego or something? I quit WoW because I've gotten bored of it after having played it since TBC...

God forbid I hang around still typically in the GenOT section on these forums...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2021-08-30 at 06:17 AM.

Everyone is complaining its some desperate attempt to grab players back that should have been in game from the start. People still flaming blizz and the new systems coming in 9.1.5.
    Bacause these need to be implemented immidietly not after several months or even years.

New management is taking over and immediately making positive changes, why is this a bad thing? This is a promising thing for the future.
    How do you know there is a new management?
    Maybe they just did it to dmg control?

I've played more heavily than I would like to admit since TBC and this already was a more alt friendly/new player than other expansions (even more so than Legion and BfA were which seem to be the most similar comparisons to modern wow).
    I totally do not agree.

Now I do admit I mainly M+ and can gear a toon to 230+ in about a week and already have 4 alts key logging,
    That does not sound good honestly...

but as someone that mainly stays off the toxic forums and just enjoys the game
    Wel... looks like not really...

I don't see much validation in the complaints besides, possibly, entering pvp as a new/alt player. Is this just an echo chamber for blizz bashing now?
    So... keep playing if you have fun and do not care about other people opinions?

I've played more heavily than I would like to admit since TBC and this already was a more alt friendly/new player than other expansions (even more so than Legion and BfA were which seem to be the most similar comparisons to modern wow). Now I do admit I mainly M+ and can gear a toon to 230+ in about a week and already have 4 alts key logging, but as someone that mainly stays off the toxic forums and just enjoys the game I don't see much validation in the complaints besides, possibly, entering pvp as a new/alt player. Is this just an echo chamber for blizz bashing now?
    because what they called content is not new content.

its what should have been here on start

which means people have nothing worth to come back from FF14 back to wow.

which is why they complain

even simplest move like removal of VP cap would give them very very big incentive to come back and gear up alts to decent itlv.

It’s time to get rid of m+ or give an alternative to it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    It’s time to get rid of m+ or give an alternative to it.
    And there it goes, suggestion of the year.

Because this is like an absent parent buying the toy you've always wanted for your birthday after missing the last 15 birthdays.

Or like a cube crawler saying he won't cube crawl again while he's down on his hands and knees in the office.