Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    MoTS is literally outdoor zone using mob models from world content. Look at the map. you can literally fly over there. DoS is using ardenweald assets and models, mechagon mob models and assets. They are using Hakkar and Zuldazard/Bwomsamdi temple reshaded assets. Muezala is unique boss model but it is also used in questing.

I am not putting as a bad thing by the way, I love the dungeons because those are good dungeons, but if you think they develop UNIQUE dungeon assets... how delusional are you? "If they did not make so many unique models for each dungeon" well, then they might as well reuse all old assets to build new expansion zones because they literally use world building blocks to build dungeons, but hey, I don't think you even play the game if you don't see where the assets have been use before. Clown
    More goalpost moving.

Whether it's part of the zone tied to it or not is irrelevant to my point. I'll restate it one more time on the assumption that you're simply a little slow on the uptake rather than intentionally being bad faith here - The difference between the dungeons themselves is far greater now than the difference between dungeons in earlier, classic-era iterations of the game, that consequently yielded a far greater amount of dungeons. This is the only actual objective distinction to make.

SM dungeons used far more universally shared assets than the SL dungeons do. This fact is unarguable and I'm not surprised you continue to dodge it and keep giving adjacent examples to the actual topic, to try and reinforce your garbage argument. What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    or he is pushing

a)really high keys
    b)pushing keys at appropiate itlv

whih means he barely makes timer.

i dont doubt that 250 + people who spam +15s in full 250+ teams just for GV do it very very fast
    I did an 18 the other day in 32 mins, it was a SD as well...I am 237. If that is too long well, do you even want to play the game? Your other alternative is spending 3hours a night in raid. A fortnite match, a League match, an Apex match, a Valorant match, an (insert any pvp game match) all take just as long if not longer.
    Last edited by Imurbandaid; 2021-09-02 at 03:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    More goalpost moving.

Whether it's part of the zone tied to it or not is irrelevant to my point. I'll restate it one more time on the assumption that you're simply a little slow on the uptake rather than intentionally being bad faith here - The difference between the dungeons themselves is far greater now than the difference between dungeons in earlier, classic-era iterations of the game, that consequently yielded a far greater amount of dungeons. This is the only actual objective distinction to make.

SM dungeons used far more universally shared assets than the SL dungeons do. This fact is unarguable and I'm not surprised you continue to dodge it and keep giving adjacent examples to the actual topic, to try and reinforce your garbage argument. What a joke.
    The fact is that SL dungeons are literal zones used as a dungeon. Like 1:1 copy. Goalpost moving... Dodging? I don't even read that shit because you don't know what you are even talking about and I am glad that you are not designer because you would make all dungeons 3 boss dungeons and only be able to get half a dungeon in with the resources you have left. But you wouldn't know. Clown.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    M+ are long only if you add the time it takes to form your key (unless you are the tank).
    Average vault key rating + what ever role works out just fine. Even on ally side it takes a few seconds for invites.

10/10 every week for the vault would be rather annyoing if you needed more than 25-30m * 10 each week.
    -

I don't think they are... I think its more just how long everything is dragged out this expansion that people are just getting bored of them.

I agree with TS. My feeling is that 20-25 minutes for a M+ run would be more than enough time. I can't imagine the effort that some guys like that put in to break various records and so on
    Last edited by TovarishMayor; 2021-10-19 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    I did an 18 the other day in 32 mins, it was a SD as well...I am 237. If that is too long well, do you even want to play the game? Your other alternative is spending 3hours a night in raid. A fortnite match, a League match, an Apex match, a Valorant match, an (insert any pvp game match) all take just as long if not longer.
    technically i think that dungeons that would be 15-20 minutes tops would be much more engaging and fun .

long dungeons are ... long - dont know how you but i often catch myself that im bored and kinda wanna leave dungeon at around 20-25 mintues mark . maybe if its first dungeon of day its ok but on like 3rd or 4th ? im slowly doing off and need to not fall asleep after all i did those dungeons hundreds of times allready . booooring lately im kinda like sometimes hoping for people to do fatal mistake so i have excuse to abandon key since it wont be timed .

i woudl prefer small dungeons but new ones releasing each single season . instead runign the same 8 dungeons for 2 years . or even less dungeons - like 5-6 shorter ones but new ones each tier/season .

would be much much more engaging imo .
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2021-10-12 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    M+ runs take too long. The average M+ run shouldn't be tuned around a 40-45 minute experience, but rather 25-30 minute one.

I don't want to do anything with other strangers for more than 30 minutes at a time. It also would make the feeling of reward increase with each successive dungeon run because you didn't just feel like you wasted 45 minutes of your time just to go up 1/10 for your weekly Vault "quest".

Another huge upside would be that since the dungeons would be getting shorter, they could get away with smaller dungeons with less art assets in general, and so you could have a higher amount of dungeons in the game. Instead of 8, we could launch with 12 and get more during patches.

Just do it man. M+ blows.
    If it's taking that long to do your m+, you maybe should be doing that level of key with guildies/friends. Alternatively, drop the level you're doing to the point where the pugs are more able to finish in time.

The Avg. time is more or less tuned around ~35 minutes as the ~30 minutes from earlier expansions.
    So I really have a hard time imagining someone having a problem with 5 additional minutes.

It's almost as if someone does them right before they go to work and now their schedule is all fucked up.

What a way to make an elephant out of nothing.

(One of) The longest dungeon(s) this expansion is actually my favorite: DoS, especially this season.

It depends. If you hate the aesthetics it can be a pain in the ass to be more than 20 minutes. For example I absolutely hate the setup of theater of pain; it's a torture device for my aesthetics since you are trapped into a monotonous place with 95% of it being small platforms and you have to go through multiple more bosses and NPCs compared to other dungeons; they should had deleted the instance or made it into a mini raid or deleted a boss or two.
    Last edited by epigramx; 2021-10-18 at 01:48 PM.

I want Maw of Souls in Legion TW Mythic+.

I actually think Maw of Souls is a fun dungeon. Short doesn't matter. I guess thats why I liked mythic+ best in Legion. It wasn't this serious competetive thing(it was, but not like now when it comes to how the dungeons are made) It was varied dungeons, short, long or in between, it did not matter. Now its like this formula on how long it should be, gotta be this amount of trash etc so dungeons feel much more similar imo.

Mythic+ should add more variety to the dungeons. Short, long, extra long, extra short. Make them a bit more varied. I like Mists of Tirna Schite the most in SL. Cause its a bit different than the others with a changing gauntlet.

Variety, different and options. Those are positive words.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Mythic+ should add more variety to the dungeons. Short, long, extra long, extra short. Make them a bit more varied. I like Mists of Tirna Schite the most in SL. Cause its a bit different than the others with a changing gauntlet.
    I also find PF interesting because it has a variety and open spaces and a 'descent into madness'. Mists mini-game is a bit of an issue for me because the trash-part of it is extremely hard to visualize and it may favor certain brains over others in a way that can turn a bit unfair sometimes though I know that's a bit subjective so I won't object much about it.

In general I think the best instances in this game were varied in aesthetics and in mechanics; e.g. Ulduar starts from an open setting that is pretty bright and then slowly descents into darkness and evil (they even named that wing that way) and when most instances become dull is usually when it's almost 100% of it "dark and evil".
    Last edited by epigramx; 2021-10-19 at 05:09 AM.

They just got old to quick. With something like mythic+ I feel its important to add in new zones fairly often to keep things fresh. It doesn't really work that way at Blizzard with releasing content. I get the affix shake up is suppose to do that but really.. I don't know.. doesn't really do it for me. Usually it is just the same old same old and then you just work around a little gimmick once in a while.

15+ Year Old Account
    10 averages around 20-25. Don't go above it if you want fast runs.

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    Legion gets a lot of ignorant hate, but it's one of the top 3 expansion they have ever made. M+ was pretty flawless in Legion, I could sit here and grind 3min Maw of soul runs and Court of stars, all day and never get bored, but I have to force myself to step into a dungeon in Shadowlands. I mean the longest Dng in legion was what...Halls of valor? and even that was under 30minutes.
    But the reason Shadowland dngs/mythics take longer is because of the AOE cap, you can no longer just Eyebeam/BF/BS etc everything down in mass pulls. In BFA you could pull the entire zone and just blow them up. The cap is probably the dumbest thing they've done this expansion from a quality of life perspective for mythic+ and it's a long list.

Blizzard just loves trash, it's so pointless. Trash used to have purpose, to make a zone/instance/raid feel alive, but now it's just there to slow you down with unneeded mechanics. Trash is harder than bosses these days and it should always be the other way around.
    Legion also gets a lot of ignorant praise. See above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry, Classic WOTLK is on it's way.

OP totally fucked his post but I agree with the basic essence of it. IMO M+ dungeons should be around the 20 minute timer mark.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

So wait, you guys don't like runs that are 30 mins deep are going well and then some mistake ruins it?

I thought we all love that.