Warlock for Mythic Plus?

Quit after getting KSM in Season 1.

Potentially looking into coming back for KSM again.

Ive seen a few lists that say warlocks are great again, and some that dont.

Are warlocks still bottom tier and near impossible to pug into groups with like Season 1? Or have we been buffed up the list and can easily get into pugs this Season?

10+ Year Old Account
    Affli Warlocks are actually super good in m+. A+, maybe even S Tier.

Damage is great in dungeons. And then you have HS + Gate etc.

Top sustained ranged dps in AoE - seriously no-one but good warrs/monks can pump like they can with the seed build (without cds). Also really good for pugging because unlike balance or fire mage, you don't need to pull around them to get good damage. Solid, if not amazing utility. Very tanky. Don't know if puggers in 15s know the shift in meta yet, but anyone decent would happily take an aff lock

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post

Are warlocks still bottom tier and near impossible to pug into groups with like Season 1? Or have we been buffed up the list and can easily get into pugs this Season?
    Warlocks was never horrible, there was just so much better options and that hasn't really changed.
    Affil is great but if all you do is pug? you'll still struggle as lock because the community is slow af to change perception.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post

Aff is really strong in m+ right now. like A+ tier, it's not monk but it's really good.

The community is not very fast to adjust even more at lower key level but I'm starting to have a much better time pugging. I've even seen a few grp actively LF warlock.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Warlocks was never horrible, there was just so much better options and that hasn't really changed.
    Affil is great but if all you do is pug? you'll still struggle as lock because the community is slow af to change perception.
    I agree with you that community is slow but I think it's starting to change. I'm getting way more invites than at the start of the season. it might just be anecdotal but compare to last season at the same time we are perceived a bit better imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    I agree with you that community is slow but I think it's starting to change. I'm getting way more invites than at the start of the season. it might just be anecdotal but compare to last season at the same time we are perceived a bit better imo.
    I generally pick a lot of "trash" specs as the last dps and I've always liked having hearthstones as a tank and generally speaking...
    If you have a 1700 rio "trash spec" and an 1800 "good spec", the trash spec tends to be so much more enjoyable and good at playing the game.
    Because they've had to work a lot more to reach that point and they almost always drama free and no leavers.
    This could of course be anecdotal and no I wouldnt run a full group of just bad specs to prove a point but that sentiment above is def there a lot.

By trash i mean what the community deems not meta, not actual trash specs
    Last edited by tomten; 2021-08-31 at 09:12 AM.

They just remove the AoE cap for all classes, that means that the only advantage affliction had for m+ is no longer there, however the disadvantage of not having single target damage for us its still there, means the spec will no longer be desired while other classes dont have the disadvantage.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aff is definitely A-tier in M+, but the key level has to be real high, like 17 or up, otherwise trash simply dies too fast and you can never get going. Also certain affixes like bolstering or bursting make your damage profile of 'explode all the things' occasionally problematic.

A good boomie can still largely walk over us, and oddly enough arcane mages absolutely clap now, but we're finally in a spot that we can somewhat hold our own. Our worst enemy at the moment is stigma.

I tend to never invite locks cuz they are mostly destro/demo. Any melee shits on them.

Quote Originally Posted by carlos9949 View Post
    They just remove the AoE cap for all classes, that means that the only advantage affliction had for m+ is no longer there, however the disadvantage of not having single target damage for us its still there, means the spec will no longer be desired while other classes dont have the disadvantage.
    What? No, they didn’t just remove the aoe from all classes. They didn’t remove the aoe cap from any class.

Changed doesn’t mean removed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    The reality would need to be changed before the perception can be changed. You said it yourself that there are much better options.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    What? No, they didn’t just remove the aoe from all classes. They didn’t remove the aoe cap from any class.

Changed doesn’t mean removed.
    It depends what you mean by "AoE cap", because if you're talking about the AoE Cap they added at the start of Shadowlands, yes, it's being removed with this new patch.
    If you're talking about the AoE cap they added in Mist of Pandaria(which reduced damage beyond 20 targets), it's not being removed, just changed to 5 targets instead of 20.
    Last edited by Stickiler; 2021-10-18 at 04:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Damage is pretty good in mythic plus i played destro mostly