Arena end of S1 / beginning of S2

Hi all,

It seems there's confusion on the reduced price of arena gear or how it will be implemented?

Does anyone have a definitive answer on whether S1 gear will be dropped in price before they convert your arena points into honour points?

There was an interview you can find here : https://tbc.wowhead.com/news/holly-l...d-phase-323548

She stated "Reducing costs on Arena Point and Honor Point gear prior to the end of Arena Season 1."

I think that interview is as definitive of an answer as ull get. With patch hitting the 15th, I do not know if that means u can expect the price to drop within the next 2 weeks, or if there will be a reduced price between the seasons before they convert Arena points to honor points. Id guess the former based on how thats worded. Either way id continue saving points

- - - Updated - - -

Just found this as well on a blue post:

The following week (September 7 in this region), we’ll end Arena Season 1 with the regional reset. This will begin a one-week offseason, and the adjustments to Season 1 Arena and Honor gear costs will go into effect.

Burning Crusade Classic Arena Season 2 will begin with the regional reset on September 14 in this region.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruchia View Post
    Hi all,

It seems there's confusion on the reduced price of arena gear or how it will be implemented?

Does anyone have a definitive answer on whether S1 gear will be dropped in price before they convert your arena points into honour points?
    Most likely the arena points will be converted to honor at the same time the cost is reduced, otherwise it would make no sense to buy arena gear anymore. Though they are being EXTREMELY vague about explaining what is going to happen and how ... you're just supposed to scroll through articles and try to piece them together.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    There was an interview you can find here : https://tbc.wowhead.com/news/holly-l...d-phase-323548

She stated "Reducing costs on Arena Point and Honor Point gear prior to the end of Arena Season 1."

I think that interview is as definitive of an answer as ull get. With patch hitting the 15th, I do not know if that means u can expect the price to drop within the next 2 weeks, or if there will be a reduced price between the seasons before they convert Arena points to honor points. Id guess the former based on how thats worded. Either way id continue saving points

- - - Updated - - -

Just found this as well on a blue post:

The following week (September 7 in this region), we’ll end Arena Season 1 with the regional reset. This will begin a one-week offseason, and the adjustments to Season 1 Arena and Honor gear costs will go into effect.

Burning Crusade Classic Arena Season 2 will begin with the regional reset on September 14 in this region.
    This looks very helpful, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Most likely the arena points will be converted to honor at the same time the cost is reduced, otherwise it would make no sense to buy arena gear anymore. Though they are being EXTREMELY vague about explaining what is going to happen and how ... you're just supposed to scroll through articles and try to piece them together.
    Well exactly, you can just save up the points and buy them at reduced costs, that's why I was asking it if not I'll just dump them