laptop advice for classic wow

Hi I was hoping somebody could give me some advice regarding a laptop, I have tried posting in another section but unfortunately haven't had an answer.

I'm currently looking to purchase a cheap laptop (not for gaming) but I am hoping to purchase something that could run Classic wow on low settings.

I have found a cheap laptop with the following :

Intel i5-6200u Cpu 2.4GHz
    4gb ram
    500gb HD
    Intel HD 520

I know no gpu is not great but the classic wow minimum requirements are Intel HD 4000, so would this laptop or anything similar run Classic wow on low settings? I'd be happy just to play even if it's 30fps while questing!

Any help is much appreciated

10+ Year Old Account
    I know sites like PassMark don't give a score that will correlate to real-world use cases but even so it rates that one almost double that of the old hd4000 igpu so you should be able to play using that. (at least assuming the laptop variant isn't downclocked significantly from the desktop one)

If you could swap the HDD to SSD on that laptop and possibly upgrade to 8GB of RAM, that laptop should be able to run WoW Classic on low with a browser running in the background just fine.

Can you link to the laptop?

As a general rule, 4gb of RAM and Windows 10 do not equate to a particularly good time.

There's a few videos up of it running on that kind of setup.

https://www.google.com/search?q=inte...rcraft&tbm=vid

Not amazing, and I wouldn't play modern WoW on it because the newer areas are more graphically demanding, but Classic looks like it should run. Probably wouldn't be great in a 40 man raid though.

You don't mention a budget, but I would really recommend the M1 MacBook Air, its fairly cheap and very high performance with good screen, battery and overall build quality. It will last you for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewedsnail View Post
    You don't mention a budget, but I would really recommend the M1 MacBook Air, its fairly cheap and very high performance with good screen, battery and overall build quality. It will last you for years.
    OP seems to have vanished so the point is largely moot, but since he was looking at a machine with a cpu from 2015 and 4gb of RAM, I have a feeling that his budget was well under the $999 starting price of an M1 Macbook Air.

Great machine though and an easy suggestion for that price point.

With laptops it is generally the case that they are much less efficient than desktop computers. Unless they're a newer generation unit. Preferably tested on a living organism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabadybida View Post
    With laptops it is generally the case that they are much less efficient than desktop computers. Unless they're a newer generation unit. Preferably tested on a living organism.
    wat? This makes no sense

2 posts. The bots are getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by georgescholl33 View Post
    Hi I was hoping somebody could give me some advice regarding a laptop, I have tried posting in another section but unfortunately haven't had an answer.

I'm currently looking to purchase a cheap laptop (not for gaming) but I am hoping to purchase something that could run Classic wow on low settings.

I have found a cheap laptop with the following :

Intel i5-6200u Cpu 2.4GHz
    4gb ram
    500gb HD
    Intel HD 520

I know no gpu is not great but the classic wow minimum requirements are Intel HD 4000, so would this laptop or anything similar run Classic wow on low settings? I'd be happy just to play even if it's 30fps while questing!

cheapest smm panel

Any help is much appreciated
    Thanks for sharing these information it's really awesome.

Yes, laptops are not as strong as a computer, but depending on what purpose you need it, I have a gaming laptop and it still works well. https://lucidrealitylabs.com/blog/lu...rship-program/

You didn't include a budget yet in your thread. What is your preferred brand. I have been using HP for a long period of time. I worked as a content writer. I'm ready to serve the people who are buying research paper online https://studyclerk.com/research-paper-writing. Anyway, if you have a budget of $500 you can try for it. But if you are going to buy a gaming laptop then the configuration should be high. In this case you have to increase your budget more than $800.
    Last edited by HeidiHull; 2021-11-23 at 01:21 AM.