Poll: Do you think Alleria, Vereesa and elves like Valeera are traitors to Quel'Thalas?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does she look like a traitor to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Larodar View Post
    A very good picture, but really Alleria looks good everywhere.

No, by the way, she doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustov View Post
    No more than the entire Blood Elf faction are traitors to the alliance.
    From what point are we talking? They left after the second war, send support during the third and then send 15% of their remaining population to fight in Lordaeron after their nation was wrecked ,while they basically lived in ruins and had severe withdrawal issues. Up until that point no treachery.

While you are correct Kael'thas disobeyed a direct order from Garithos, thus betraying the chain of command, Kael was willing to take responsibility to die for said decision, while Garithos decided to exterminate them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Larodar View Post
    Yes

A little yes and a little no.

Is using Void magic questionable and problematic? Sure

Does it warrant being exiled from your homeland? Little extreme, but also what's the alternative?

Does turning around and joining the Alliance suddenly mean you're a Traitor? Yeah, kind of. But on the flip side, they were exiled and kicked out. Where were they suppose to go?

I'd say it's possible for them to Traitors to the Horde but not traitors to their homeland. Quel'thalas always allowed High Elves to emigrate back to the Sunwell despite factions, so I'd argue against High Elves being 'traitors to Quel'thalas'. But I certainly see why the Sin'dorei would be pissed they joined the enemy faction.

5+ Year Old Account
    If you're asking if they act against the interests of Blood Elves - yes.

If you're asking if they intend to betray their entire race for something else, no. Vareesa and Alleria both believe they know what's right for their race, but what's right for them does not match up with the BE faction's interests. They're similar to Sylvanas in which their personal agendas limit their ability to truly resonate with BEs and they can only attract their own subgroup of loyal followers. No matter what Lor'Themar does, it's a general approach for the best of most of his people. The Windrunners go by what's best for them personally and expect others to see it the same way.

Valeera is a double agent that is Anduin's sexy Shaw.
    Yeah she's a traitor, but she didn't betray anything other than the idea that an BE should be loyal to Quel'Thalas first and foremost. She chose her family/friends which is fine and the Horde lets her do it so whatever.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Any Quel'dorei that actively works against Silvermoon is a traitor to Silvermoon. At best they could be considered rebels depending on circumstance. However the difference between Rebel and Traitor is perspective, and those change all the time.

A high elf wishing to be neither would have to remain neutral in faction conflicts, as Silvermoon is a Blood Elf city, and the Blood Elves are part of the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean.....I walked around azeroth rezzing people to be my horseman. We could just dig the guy up and ask him.
    Dear lord - they're going to bring back Varian to snap anduin out of it.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    Dear lord - they're going to bring back Varian to snap anduin out of it.
    I mean, I'll try but I'm not sure if we can raise someone whose been disenchanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Not traitors. But throwaways who whore themselves for human potential. A true proud thalassian elf would never make themselves a servant of humans. That is why the Horde elves are better in every way. I hope the high elves step on lego. They deserve nothing but suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    If you kick people out of your country just because they didn't want to be mana vampires it wasn't them who betrayed their country it was their country that betrayed them.

If America suddenly said to Muslim Americans they had to quit being Muslim or gtfo you wouldn't call them traitors to America just because they were forced to go to their ancestors homeland in order to survive.

The "purge" where they asked all the blood elves to leave then brought those that didn't want to leave to prison to short shit out and only attacked the people that straight up tried to kill em?
    not sure how the void is any safer/cleaner/moraly better than the fel or draining mana/capturing naaru, so that's no real excuse either, besides they could stay loyal to Quel'Thalas and avoid the fel part much like the Far Striders did- especially now with Lor'themar and the purified Sunwell, he's a decent leader that cares for his people, there's no excuse for not at least tolerating him and the Sunwell as a power source

the velves put their loyalty to a coaliation above loyalty to their homeland, which does make them traitors to their homeland and that was the OP's question- to the alliance they're obviously not traitors since they stayed loyal to them
    Last edited by Cyanu; 2021-08-31 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    not sure how the void is any safer/cleaner/moraly better than the fel or draining mana/capturing naaru, so that's no real excuse either, besides they could stay loyal to Quel'Thalas and avoid the fel part much like the Far Striders did- especially now with Lor'themar and the purified Sunwell, he's a decent leader that cares for his people, there's no excuse for not at least tolerating him and the Sunwell as a power source

the velves put their loyalty to a coaliation above loyalty to their homeland, which does make them traitors to their homeland and that was the OP's question- to the alliance they're obviously not traitors since they stayed loyal to them
    The blood elves kicked out the high elves because they refused to go magic vampire.

Lor'themar cared for a bunch of his people and banished the rest. He the had them side with 2 genocidal monsters and involved them in several unnecessary wars which lead to the death of many of his people.

Later on he then repeated the same mistake by kicking out the void elves. The Void Elves then went to their relatives that were willing to help them.

well yes, under Kael'thas they had some dark chapters in their history, but it's treason nonetheless, in the eyes of their homeland which once again was the question
    Last edited by Cyanu; 2021-09-01 at 12:04 AM.

The entire blood elf theme is being traitorous little knives. Betrayal of the Alliance, Betrayal by their king, betrayal to the Draenei, betrayal to the Aldor, (almost) betrayal to the Horde, then the void elves betray the blood elves by killing them as members of the Alliance.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you fight in a war against your own nation, then yes. Traitors
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Vereesa is the only one you could make a case for being a traitor as she and the high elfs did there win thing while the blood elfs rebuilt.

Alleria stuck to what the high elfs ways and the alliance ways and it was the blood elfs that betrayed that.

Valeera Was enslaved by the blood elfs ally’s and the blood elfs didn’t lift a finger to free her or likely other blood elfs slaves so the blood elfs betrayed her more so then the other way round.

Veressa wasn't part of Silvermoon. She was married to a human mage in Dalaran and made her feelings on the idea of sucking magic out of living things quite clear. You could say she was like the other elves from WC3 that gave Silvermoon the finger when they were ordered to return home and instead stayed in Dalaran.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    If you fight in a war against your own nation, then yes. Traitors
    Not if you banished them first. Can't be a traitor to a country that tells you you're no longer a part of it.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    If you kick people out of your country just because they didn't want to be mana vampires it wasn't them who betrayed their country it was their country that betrayed them.

If America suddenly said to Muslim Americans they had to quit being Muslim or gtfo you wouldn't call them traitors to America just because they were forced to go to their ancestors homeland in order to survive.

The "purge" where they asked all the blood elves to leave then brought those that didn't want to leave to prison to short shit out and only attacked the people that straight up tried to kill em?
    more like the American Vice President takes over as new President after the previous one died and converts to Islam and as well as many of his cabinet; and the far-right wants to stop Islam because it goes against their "values", and have it banned to the point of harassing Muslims until the new President have to kick them out to stop the instability of the nation

Vereesa also ordered the murder of shopkeepers; and she didn't stop there - she joined to Pandaria to kill more Blood Elves and then years later she attempted to kill Rommath
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Veressa wasn't part of Silvermoon. She was married to a human mage in Dalaran and made her feelings on the idea of sucking magic out of living things quite clear. You could say she was like the other elves from WC3 that gave Silvermoon the finger when they were ordered to return home and instead stayed in Dalaran.
    I’m pretty sure what silver moon got sorted she and the other high elfs wanted to go back but we’re told to sod off for not helping which is why the silver covenant weren't the biggest fans of the blood elfs.

As far a marriage goes I don’t think they have ever laid down how it works in terms of nationality other then with the humans of lorderon and arthas’s sister.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

The politics of the High/Blood/Void Elves is so complicated that I don't think you can even frame the question in such a simplistic way.

It's complicated.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I’m pretty sure what silver moon got sorted she and the other high elfs wanted to go back but we’re told to sod off for not helping which is why the silver covenant weren't the biggest fans of the blood elfs.

As far a marriage goes I don’t think they have ever laid down how it works in terms of nationality other then with the humans of lorderon and arthas’s sister.
    Auric Sunchaser was allowed to go back and probably the rest of the Allerians
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    more like the American Vice President takes over as new President after the previous one died and converts to Islam and as well as many of his cabinet; and the far-right wants to stop Islam because it goes against their "values", and have it banned to the point of harassing Muslims until the new President have to kick them out to stop the instability of the nation

Vereesa also ordered the murder of shopkeepers; and she didn't stop there - she joined to Pandaria to kill more Blood Elves and then years later she attempted to kill Rommath
    not even close.

And she didn't order the murder of shopkeepers. The Alliance gave the blood elves a chance to leave then imprisoned the ones that refused to leave and didn't attack them. The only ones that died were the when the Alliance defended themselves against the ones that started trying to kill them instead of leaving or going to prison until shit was sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post

Not if you banished them first. Can't be a traitor to a country that tells you you're no longer a part of it.
    I'm not sure how people still can't understand this.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-09-01 at 03:15 AM.