Open the Candy Jar, Blizz

They seem to have somebody, somewhere making decisions that actually gets that they need to start scratching things off the wish list. From QOL features like alt friendliness and customization, to core system improvements like universalizing the Domination set activation and 86ing conduit energy and pulling the ripcord, they are off to a good start.

Now do more.

For not much more concentrated effort than they put into customization, they could unlock more race/class combinations, and should do so for 9.2 and not just as a 10.x feature. At least one more class available to every race and allied race, or preferably just throw open the whole thing. The lore excuses are gone; after 20-30 years of cultural comingling those barriers would have long since started falling and after the 4th War and the supposed more unified world they make even less sense. Can lore-wave it however they want just suck it up and do it.

If they like they can think of it purely through the lens of how much micro-transaction $$$$ they'd pull in on patch day

Think we're beyond a Lore having any relevance point regarding all classes for all races. Sure they'll rip that bandaid off some day.

What a pointlessly vague discussion topic. Since "do more" can mean literally anything for any given player you may as well have said something like, "dear Blizzard please make your game gooder."

10+ Year Old Account
    So... you want more class/race combinations?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    They seem to have somebody, somewhere making decisions that actually gets that they need to start scratching things off the wish list. From QOL features like alt friendliness and customization, to core system improvements like universalizing the Domination set activation and 86ing conduit energy and pulling the ripcord, they are off to a good start.

Now do more.

For not much more concentrated effort than they put into customization, they could unlock more race/class combinations, and should do so for 9.2 and not just as a 10.x feature. At least one more class available to every race and allied race, or preferably just throw open the whole thing. The lore excuses are gone; after 20-30 years of cultural comingling those barriers would have long since started falling and after the 4th War and the supposed more unified world they make even less sense. Can lore-wave it however they want just suck it up and do it.

If they like they can think of it purely through the lens of how much micro-transaction $$$$ they'd pull in on patch day
    Why do threads like this always pop up in mid expansion cycles?

"They finally made MoP reputations faster and less timegated, they're really listening to us this time around!"

"Artifact power is faster to collect on alts in 7.2, about time Blizz listened"

"Finally letting us skip the BfA intro, its like one of the higher ups cares!"

This is literally par for the course of mid-expansion content features and 10.0 will go right back to unskippable intros, grindy endgame progression and unfriendliness toward alts until 10.1.5 comes along.

God damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    What a pointlessly vague discussion topic. Since "do more" can mean literally anything for any given player you may as well have said something like, "dear Blizzard please make your game gooder."
    Since "do more" was obviously a rhetorical device that meant "do this" which was then followed by a whole paragraph of a specific suggestion, you could... I mean... discuss that one maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Why do threads like this always pop up in mid expansion cycles?

"They finally made MoP reputations faster and less timegated, they're really listening to us this time around!"

"Artifact power is faster to collect on alts in 7.2, about time Blizz listened"

"Finally letting us skip the BfA intro, its like one of the higher ups cares!"

This is literally par for the course of mid-expansion content features and 10.0 will go right back to unskippable intros, grindy endgame progression and unfriendliness toward alts until 10.1.5 comes along.

God damn.
    You... you don't see any difference between what they're doing in hot fixes and 9.1.5 and any other mid-expac development cycle changes? Bless your heart

Since "do more" was obviously a rhetorical device that meant "do this" which was then followed by a whole paragraph of a specific suggestion, you could... I mean... discuss that one maybe?
    Excuse me for interpreting "now do more" as the impetus of your discussion since both the title of the thread and the way you wrote your topic both implied heavily that you wanted to discuss other ways Blizzard could improve the game.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2021-08-31 at 10:27 PM.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkeshall View Post
    Think we're beyond a Lore having any relevance point regarding all classes for all races. Sure they'll rip that bandaid off some day.
    Agreed!!
    At this point in SL, it might be a great idea to just allow all races to be all classes. Think of the race change cash rolling into Bobby's Yacht Fund. Just retcon it to the Maw allows all spirits access to all ..... fur.... feathers .....light .....demons. I am just smiling imagining all those race change transactions. Maybe just dump all the racial powers too or just have a couple for every race.

To be honest, after Shadowlands, we're literally one step away from Neutral/United Factions.

But we all know they've already set up Turalyon taking the reigns and plunging the factions into perpetual warfare for the next 8 expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Metrox View Post
    Agreed!!
    At this point in SL, it might be a great idea to just allow all races to be all classes. Think of the race change cash rolling into Bobby's Yacht Fund. Just retcon it to the Maw allows all spirits access to all ..... fur.... feathers .....light .....demons. I am just smiling imagining all those race change transactions. Maybe just dump all the racial powers too or just have a couple for every race.
    Why not just remove classes. You can just pick whatever spec you want out of all of them. Easy fix.

Bring back Archaeology and pet battle dungeons.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Why not just remove classes. You can just pick whatever spec you want out of all of them. Easy fix.
    Weapon/Armor/Stat restrictions would be the big one. Unless you propose going to just a single stat "iLevel" that makes you better in all ways at once.

The better way of doing that is the option of "let you unlock/level all classes on one character." AKA the "Steal it from FF14" answer.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm definitely down for more race/class combinations. Not having Night Elf Paladins after we saw two specifically in the Paladin Order Hall just feels weird right now, as does the lack of Zandalari Warlocks. All of these races have been with their faction long enough that they should have had at least a few people that would've drifted towards their other classes just due to the people they've met. We saw it with the Pandaren teaching nearly every Allied Race how to be Monks, there's really no good reason that those lessons wouldn't have come by now.

The only real classes I see any reason to not just globally open at this point are Demon Hunters, Druids, Paladins, & Shamans. Druids, Paladins, & Shamans all have custom per-race art assets, so those might need a slightly slower rollout to handle correctly. Demon Hunters really don't quite have a good lore justification, given that the Legion was defeated before most of the other races would have gone to those lengths. But even then, it isn't that much of a stretch to see some other invading force nearly destroying Azeroth & certain members of each race going to extreme lengths to save their home.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    To be honest, after Shadowlands, we're literally one step away from Neutral/United Factions.

But we all know they've already set up Turalyon taking the reigns and plunging the factions into perpetual warfare for the next 8 expansions.
    I suspect this specifically is why we don't have cross-faction play right now. It almost seems like Blizz was planning for it, then saw the potential for a faction war started by the Alliance & just couldn't help themselves from pushing the story that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Etoo View Post
    Bring back Archaeology and pet battle dungeons.
    I wouldn't say Archy is gone until next xpac, they removed it this xpac because oOoOo lore reasons lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

You... you don't see any difference between what they're doing in hot fixes and 9.1.5 and any other mid-expac development cycle changes? Bless your heart
    No, I don't. This is as par for the course as every other "sweeping changes" we receive about mid/end of an expansion development cycle.