Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    How is it manipulation? Play a free game to get a mount in WoW. Or a get a small discount on 60 packs and two Season passes just for subscribing to WoW. There is no manipulation going on here beyond normal sale practices. Which any company that sells things makes use of.
    They are manipulating players to make MAU numbers higher.
    Login for 9.1.5 - 1 mau
    Login for hearthstone mount - 1 mau
    Login to see the new classic season - 1 mau
    They have diablo coming out for an additional mau, which just leaves Overwatch and you can bet there will be something released for OW that you have to login this quarter to collect, for an additional mau. Thats possibly 5 mau counts per player this quarter. Its clear manipulation.

  2. #122
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    23,675
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    They are manipulating players to make MAU numbers higher.
    Login for 9.1.5 - 1 mau
    Login for hearthstone mount - 1 mau
    Login to see the new classic season - 1 mau
    They have diablo coming out for an additional mau, which just leaves Overwatch and you can bet there will be something released for OW that you have to login this quarter to collect, for an additional mau. Thats possibly 5 mau counts per player this quarter. Its clear manipulation.
    LOLOLOL as i said. "They have diablo coming out for an additional mau, which just leaves Overwatch and you can bet there will be something released for OW that you have to login this quarter to collect, for an additional mau. Thats possibly 5 mau counts per player this quarter. Its clear manipulation."


    you literally jsut said it "the only reason they are releasing games is to increase MAU and thats manipulation!!!"

    holy fuck mate, imagine literally saying "i didnt say that" then saying exactly that right after.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-08-31 at 08:37 PM.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    This time, they're offering HS packs instead of a mount alongside the 6 months sub.
    They are still offering the mount. It is adding value to an existing 6-month subscription package and not a new one.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I think you might need to see a doctor if you when you count this many mounts you think "couple" which is 2... if you think these are "2" please see a doctor, you might have had a stroke. cause this is not "2"
    There are literally 2 unique models out of those mounts. The rest are reskins/recolors. Thank you for providing proof to back my argument.

  5. #125
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    23,675
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    They're manipulating players. Thats wrong, and the millions of players who quit feel the same.
    just wanna point out, how your idea of manipulating players is releasing new games, just wana remind you and other people, you think blizzard releasing diablo 2 remasters, releasing diablo 4, and releasing overwatch 2, is "manipulating players" cause it forces them to log on, which makes them money...

    Blizzard making games players want.
    is manipulating them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    There are literally 2 unique models out of those mounts. The rest are reskins/recolors. Thank you for providing proof to back my argument.
    1. so no mounts ever in wow are "unique" cause they all use existing skeletons of eachother, nor are these store mounts, because most of the store mounts are "reskins/recolours"

    2. you literally do not know what a reskin/recolour is, and it shows.

    3. no, i proved you wrong, but you seem to think you have this big brain idea, but you also think blizzard releasing games is them manipulating players so, not really a suprrise.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-08-31 at 08:38 PM.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    omfg ok so you seem confused.
    No, you are confused.
    It's a new reward alongside the 6month sub, just like previous offers when they offered a mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. the mouse mount is free for people who just go play like 20 minutes of hearthstone
    Considering i already acknowledged that, that seems pointless to repeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    2. they have not introduced a new "6 month sub" thing
    Considering that the 6month sub as an option always exists, that doesn't make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    get these bonuses aswell FOR FREE.
    Just like every time they offered a 6month sub?

    If you want argue about semantics, go ahead, but without me.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    They are manipulating players to make MAU numbers higher.
    And? A player, even for a few mins, is still a player. If they already play both then the numbers are not increased while also giving out a reward. Cross promotion is not an evil form of manipulation. Including existing 6-month subscriptions (instead of new ones) is also not manipulative. Since the promotion already increased the MAU count for one game prior to the new terms existing.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  8. #128
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    23,675
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    And? A player, even for a few mins, is still a player. If they already play both then the numbers are not increased while also giving out a reward. Cross promotion is not an evil form of manipulation. Including existing 6-month subscriptions (instead of new ones) is also not manipulative. Since the promotion already increased the MAU count for one game prior to the new terms existing.
    i wouldnt bother, they think blizzard releasing new games for players is manipulation, so literally blizzard releasing diablo 4/2 remaster like we have wanted for 10 years now, is manpulation.

    only total braindeath awaits you trying to discuss with that thing.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    just wanna point out, how your idea of manipulating players is releasing new games, just wana remind you and other people, you think blizzard releasing diablo 2 remasters, releasing diablo 4, and releasing overwatch 2, is "manipulating players" cause it forces them to log on, which makes them money...

    Blizzard making games players want.
    is manipulating them.

    - - - Updated - - -



    1. so no mounts ever in wow are "unique" cause they all use existing skeletons of eachother, nor are these store mounts, because most of the store mounts are "reskins/recolours"

    2. you literally do not know what a reskin/recolour is, and it shows.

    3. no, i proved you wrong, but you seem to think you have this big brain idea, but you also think blizzard releasing games is them manipulating players so, not really a suprrise.
    These aren't new games being released, they're updates to the games that are being delivered at a specific time to hide information from investors. Players are being manipulated to login by tying rewards around their releases. Promotions, which is what you're referring to, is literally a form of manipulation.

  10. #130
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    23,675
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    These aren't new games being released, they're updates to the games that are being delivered at a specific time to hide information from investors. Players are being manipulated to login by tying rewards around their releases. Promotions, which is what you're referring to, is literally a form of manipulation.
    when your mom brings you chicken nuggies she must be manipulating you too, cause she is choosing to feed you at specific times so your stomach does not get hungry, manipulation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quick get your tinfoil hats, your flat earth model, and hide from the vaportrails, cause 5g about to give you corona virus.

    because yes, a company releasing updates to video games is manipulation.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    And? A player, even for a few mins, is still a player. If they already play both then the numbers are not increased while also giving out a reward. Cross promotion is not an evil form of manipulation. Including existing 6-month subscriptions (instead of new ones) is also not manipulative. Since the promotion already increased the MAU count for one game prior to the new terms existing.
    You're just delving deep into semantics. The bottom line is this is manipulation and if you're aware you're being manipulated and you're still ok with it, thats your right. I'm not ok with it personally. You can have a million reasons to defend it but in my book it is and always will be wrong.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    not manipulative


    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    There is no manipulation going on here beyond normal sale practices. Which any company that sells things makes use of.
    Manipulative is manipulative ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ doesn't matter if it's typical or not.

    And to be fair to Blizzo I point it out for every company whenever someone brings up some advertisement to me

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    You're just delving deep into semantics. The bottom line is this is manipulation and if you're aware you're being manipulated and you're still ok with it, thats your right. I'm not ok with it personally. You can have a million reasons to defend it but in my book it is and always will be wrong.
    It is manipulation but Rhorle is right, all companies do it, that's why I don't trust or care what a company has to say and I just evaluate them based on whether or not I like their product.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    These aren't new games being released, they're updates to the games that are being delivered at a specific time to hide information from investors. Players are being manipulated to login by tying rewards around their releases. Promotions, which is what you're referring to, is literally a form of manipulation.
    How are they hiding information from investors? Monthly Active Users are clearly defined in the investment material. Everything that wants their product to be used is guilty of manipulation by your argument. Which is fine to think but it is silly to call Blizzard out for doing it if it is something everyone does.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

    because yes, a company releasing updates to video games is manipulation.
    It is when they withhold updates until it benefits only themselves. I don't know what horrible things damaged you internally but your judgment of right/wrong is obviously clouded and its made you appear as a rotten person.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Manipulative is manipulative ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ doesn't matter if it's typical or not.
    The keyword of your definition is unscrupulous. A promotion because of new features in a product is not dishonest. I highly doubt you yell at the cashier in the grocery store just because they decided to put a item on sale.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    It is when they withhold updates until it benefits only themselves.
    Who says they withheld an update?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  16. #136
    Would be a dull thread w/o FelPlague defending Blizzard marketing like clockwork.

  17. #137
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    23,675
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    It is when they withhold updates until it benefits only themselves. I don't know what horrible things damaged you internally but your judgment of right/wrong is obviously clouded and its made you appear as a rotten person.
    you literally dont know how game development works if you think they go "we could release this now cause its ready and be favored by players... nah lets wait 4 months for something to happen then lets release it!!!!"

    also i rather be a rotten person then have literal brain rot, but i aint judging your decision.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    Would be a dull thread w/o FelPlague defending Blizzard marketing like clockwork.
    its literally nothing but free shit, what is there for defend?
    Free mount for people to try out hearthstone, something they have done since the game first came out, and its 100% free.
    how is that fucking bad?

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    How are they hiding information from investors? Monthly Active Users are clearly defined in the investment material. Everything that wants their product to be used is guilty of manipulation by your argument. Which is fine to think but it is silly to call Blizzard out for doing it if it is something everyone does.
    It isn't clearly defined first of all. There is 1 line that defines it in an investors report thats hidden away by dozens of notations. Its even mislabeled "MONTHLY" active user is anyone who logs in just ONCE during a QUARTER.

  19. #139
    The keyword of your definition is unscrupulous. A promotion because of new features in a product is not dishonest.
    Nope it's not, in order for it to be dishonest they would have to say something like "we are doing this promotion because we love you guys!" then it'd be dishonest. Instead they are just releasing a promotion like all companies do no big deal, but we all know why they are doing it whether or not it's said and it's still manipulation.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I highly doubt you yell at the cashier in the grocery store just because they decided to put a item on sale.
    I don't yell at anyone, but when I see sales I always know there is a reason for it, they aren't just doing that shit out of the goodness in their heart lol

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    Would be a dull thread w/o FelPlague defending Blizzard marketing like clockwork.
    You know, the forums do have an ignore feature
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    Where would WoW have been the past decades without mount collectors? Seems like that's one of the primary groups still actually playing the game. I've never understood the obsession or the appeal.

    I get the collecting bug, but at least collect real shit you can put your hands on and don't have to pay a subscription to access. Collecting imaginary pixels you don't even own and are essentially guaranteed to one day completely lose (by quitting the game, or the game ending, your getting banned, whatever)

    At least if you collected stamps or coins or beanie babies or something you actually own them.
    Not really, if you collect something in real life it could be destroyed or stolen same way as digital thing. In general things don't last forever, you know.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    Would be a dull thread w/o FelPlague defending Blizzard marketing like clockwork.
    Oh this bastard showing people pictures of dozen unique mounts earnable in game in just last patch after people say greedy (bad) Blizzard doesn't release unique mounts earnable in game. How she/he dare to break perfect circlejerk.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-08-31 at 09:04 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •