Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    To answer the question in the thread title....the logical conclusion of unfettered conservatism.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    It's absolutely going to be abused by people who simply want to ruin other's lives. Hate your neighbor? Or maybe a relative? Did she have a miscarriage? Sue! Even if she's found innocent it still wrecks her life.

One thing I've found amusing about the whining and crying from certain dems is how they vehemently defended RBG for not retiring. Or refused to vote for Hillary because they were mad about Sanders. Or the handful of other things that led to this happening. These people are absolutely pro-choice, yet every step of the way they did exactly the wrong thing. Even now they refuse to accept they fucked up. It's like Trump supporters taking dewormer instead of just getting vaccinated.

If they can't admit their mistakes then they're just going to repeat them.

Which brings us to the reality of this situation. A few dozen states or so will essentially ban abortion now. What will democrats actually do about it besides cry on twitter? I expect a whole lot of nothing.
    Next month I'm going to "report" the wives/daughters of the legislature who voted for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I heard about that website where people could report anyone they suspected of having had an abortion. And then I found out that it was true. The comparison to the Taliban didn't seem all that unfair, and perhaps the Gestapo could work as well.
    More like the Stasi. Turn everyone into an informant.

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    I think we’d both agree there’s a line somewhere on this topic. F if I know where that should be. It’s kind of the ultimate ship of Theseus question with the stakes being if you get it wrong you’re either a jackbooted authoritarian or a murderer.
    The line would be the blatant hypocrisy and authoritarianism of Texas, which ranks dead last in personal freedom in the United States. It's the big lie of the GOP, that they even try and pretend to give a shit about freedom and liberty.

Texas crossed that line so fucking far, they'll never find it again. They've gone plaid.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    The Texas anonymous tip line to turn in neighbors like North Korea or Stalin's USSR (which they already setup today) is being flooded with shark spam, lol. Abortion is legal for certain reasons btw in Sharia Law, so the Taliban in Afghanistan will have more lenient laws than Texas. It really is becoming the Texas Taliban.

Also, an avalanche of frivolous lawsuits from this are going to flood the state courts and truly bring it to it's knees. You could almost ignore it because even if you get sued it's going to be heard in ~2050 by the time the Texas courts get around to it.

Plus this just set a precedence for all kinds of things that are going to backfire badly on conservative interests in states. $10k fine for COVID non-compliance will be #1 and just the tip of the iceberg. Tax dodging would also be a great one. Report your neighbors. No need for evidence. No compensation if the claim is false and they win. The Trump SCOTUS insanely and effectively said states can make whatever law in the world that they want, have the public enforce it, and it can bypass Federal courts all other precedence. I don't care if you are Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, non-political, or w/e, I would hope people understand what's coming now in other laws because of this. This was a scorched earth, cut off your nose to spite your face move by Texas. It empowers states legally now FAR beyond anything our founding fathers intended. For example, guns can also easily now be effectively banned at the state level with this precedence by copying the Texas anti-abortion clinic blueprint. A state would simply need to say every gun shop in the state now requires something prohibitively expensive or impractical, then empower citizens to anonymously turn in gun shops or neighbors selling/buying guns for non-compliance for huge lawsuits. It has just opened a path for states to indirectly get around the 2nd amendment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Massive dubs are happening in texas

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Massive dubs are happening in texas
    Yes, Trumpsters and fascists do love pushing through their authoritarian agenda. No wonder it is the state with the least personal freedom in the entire country.

At least you're done trying to pretend to be a Bernie supporter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, Trumpsters and fascists do love pushing through their authoritarian agenda. No wonder it is the state with the least personal freedom in the entire country.

At least you're done trying to pretend to be a Bernie supporter.
    I haven't supported bernie in 6 years

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I haven't supported bernie in 6 years
    lmao you never agreed with his stances if you are this far right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    lmao you never agreed with his stances if you are this far right.
    times change

times change
    Nah, people are just revealed for what they always were, and their lies are clear.

It's too bad Texas has turned fully fascist.

Nothing cooler than Nazis gaining power. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    times change
    Going from "The weak need to be supported" too "fuck the weak" is big leap, i'll give you that.

Good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, people are just revealed for what they always were, and their lies are clear.

It's too bad Texas has turned fully fascist.

Nothing cooler than Nazis gaining power. /s
    what lie 10

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    The Onion has to be mad right now.
    I'm just wondering how long it's going to be before people who are at The Onion come together and go either "Shut it down, reality has just become too insane." or "Reality is more insane than what we can come up with, might as well go legit."

what lie 10
    It's crazy how fast people turn from supposed Bernie supporters, into diehard Trumpsters, as soon as the election is over.

Imagine, swearing that Biden was just not progressive enough, to cheering on fascists inn just a matter of months.

My, how times have changed. So, why'd you suddenly decide to become a conservative?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's crazy how fast people turn from supposed Bernie supporters, into diehard Trumpsters, as soon as the election is over.

Imagine, swearing that Biden was just not progressive enough, to cheering on fascists inn just a matter of months.

My, how times have changed. So, why'd you suddenly decide to become a conservative?
    you got me confused for someone else. i was yangin in 2019 cause he was a breath of fresh air compared to the geezers. also cared more about them neetbux more than his policies, though he was based at times he was still a modern democrat.

you got me confused for someone else. i was yangin in 2019 cause he was a breath of fresh air compared to the geezers. also cared more about them neetbux more than his policies, though he was based at times he was still a modern democrat.
    SO, you went from a Yang supporter, to a conservative in just a matter of months? (and yes, this was already proven wrong about your motives)

Why? Why suddenly become a conservative, cheering on conservatives pushing their fascist agendas?

lol all Yang supporters are not so subtle neolibs to the point of being solidly right of center. so of course it makes sense they all share the same desire for the state to control everyone and tell them they know what's best. even if the pint boils down to punishing and controlling women.

10+ Year Old Account
    SO, you went from a Yang supporter, to a conservative in just a matter of months? (and yes, this was already proven wrong about your motives)

Why?
    cause he dropped out. he was utterly unique among the rest of the democratic candidates to me.

cause he dropped out. he was utterly unique among the rest of the democratic candidates to me.
    So, you decided that the solution was to support none of the things he actually supported, and to become a conservative Trumpster?

That doesn't make much sense.