Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm laughing at this shit, while also wanting to scream bloody murder over it (seriously, laughing is the only way I'm avoiding screaming, also it would be inconsiderate to the people I live with+my neighbors, and I know it wouldn't make me feel any better).

The freezer truck packed full of corpses outside the hospital my sister is finishing her residency at is definitely a factor. The local news story I saw earlier today of a 19-year old who died because she and her whole family were anti-vaxx, they all got COVID-19 in July of this year. Her family is now pro-vaccine, but that really doesn't do that much help them because vaccines can't bring people back from the dead. I'm pissed at these fucking idiots who are getting people killed through malicious misinformation, and I'm exhausted by the senseless deaths being cheered on by the death cult that is the GOP.

Fuck Greg Abbott, Ken Paxton, Dan Patrick, and every fucking idiot who supports those bloody sociopaths. I don't want the legacy of this state to be a mountain of corpses from this pandemic, but apparently that seems to be the goal of Abbott.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2021-09-02 at 07:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Now I don't feel bad about their power grid shitting the bed earlier in the year. No...wait...I never felt bad about that all along.

Braindead state run by braindead politicians elected by braindead people.

I heard about that website where people could report anyone they suspected of having had an abortion. And then I found out that it was true. The comparison to the Taliban didn't seem all that unfair, and perhaps the Gestapo could work as well.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    It's absolutely going to be abused by people who simply want to ruin other's lives. Hate your neighbor? Or maybe a relative? Did she have a miscarriage? Sue! Even if she's found innocent it still wrecks her life.

One thing I've found amusing about the whining and crying from certain dems is how they vehemently defended RBG for not retiring. Or refused to vote for Hillary because they were mad about Sanders. Or the handful of other things that led to this happening. These people are absolutely pro-choice, yet every step of the way they did exactly the wrong thing. Even now they refuse to accept they fucked up. It's like Trump supporters taking dewormer instead of just getting vaccinated.

If they can't admit their mistakes then they're just going to repeat them.

Which brings us to the reality of this situation. A few dozen states or so will essentially ban abortion now. What will democrats actually do about it besides cry on twitter? I expect a whole lot of nothing.
    Here's the thing that we have found out about almost all of those Bernie supporters from 2016:

They were never Bernie supporters, just Trump supporters concern trolling from the left. Almost every singlemone of them were outed for their true motives, and got caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Oh goddamnit we're really just back to the fucking Witch Trials, ain't we?
    Bringing the country back to the 1600s is in line with GOP ideology.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Because "Texas is a state of mind", ofc!
    Reminds me of want my slimjim who was supposedly Swedish but was singing praises of the Confederacy and using the confederate flag in swede colors as an avatar.

Nation bashing is verboten but state bashing is ok? JW because it’s getting particularly nasty in here.

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Nation bashing is verboten but state bashing is ok? JW because it’s getting particularly nasty in here.
    When a state passes bullshit laws that will cause objective harm to people, they're going to get called out on their bullshit. Cry about it.

And this is hardly likely to stop at Texas. Republicans have been salivating over the prospect of stripping women of their rights since Trump was elected and those SCOTUS seats opened up. Probably the only thing that will keep this from escalating to a full-scale repeal of Roe is if the GOP has done the calculus on how much being able to beat the "Demoncrats are murdering babies!" drum in future elections will effect the turn-out of their constituents.

Because let's be crystal clear: Despite how shit like this is framed, Republican politicians don't give one wet shit about the health and wellbeing of children, either in the womb or in the world. It's debatable whether or not Republican voters do either (besides the pathetic virtue signaling they get to engage in).
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-09-02 at 12:52 PM.

Let us know when the Texas government is done climbing inside women's ureruses.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Do you even know what the Supreme court is? The supreme court INTERPRETS laws. Against all the wishes of every democrat, they are not there to MAKE laws. That is congress. Example: the moratorium on evictions. The supreme court told congress they needed to pass measures to extend the moratorium that was not in the cdc power. Congress did nothing. Then they begged Biden to dos oemthing, he did, knowing it would be overturned. And rightfully so, it was overturned. Because congress needs to make laws. The rest of what you wrote is just farcical attempts to construct strawman arguments with nothing of substance to make them realistic.

Again, repeating for those who don't understand America...the supreme court exists to interpret law not make law.
    Explain why the Supreme Court gutted the VRA then. This wasn’t an interpretation. This was “hey I think the law is old, let’s change it”.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you feel like an alien in America?

Would have to point to where all of Texas is crap instead of just it's government acting poorly for it to be state bashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Let us know when the Texas government is done climbing inside women's ureruses.
    I think we’d both agree there’s a line somewhere on this topic. F if I know where that should be. It’s kind of the ultimate ship of Theseus question with the stakes being if you get it wrong you’re either a jackbooted authoritarian or a murderer.

The gop voter base needs to be refilled after the pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The gop voter base needs to be refilled after the pandemic.
    I mean isn’t the pandemic itself kind of a great reset of the GOP voter base if you follow it to its natural conclusion?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I will absolutely shit on the folks trying to pass all this shit in Texas. I'm sure there are actual Texans that are super nice people that I'd get on with. Texan officials? Yeah, not so much.
    Come on even a lazy reading of the laundry list of these laws shows the large majority to be perfectly reasonable on their face. The objections everyone has are with a handful of the 666.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Both should be allowed and both happens a ton here without infractions.
    But victim complexes are hard to get rid off.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    It's absolutely going to be abused by people who simply want to ruin other's lives. Hate your neighbor? Or maybe a relative? Did she have a miscarriage? Sue! Even if she's found innocent it still wrecks her life.

One thing I've found amusing about the whining and crying from certain dems is how they vehemently defended RBG for not retiring. Or refused to vote for Hillary because they were mad about Sanders. Or the handful of other things that led to this happening. These people are absolutely pro-choice, yet every step of the way they did exactly the wrong thing. Even now they refuse to accept they fucked up. It's like Trump supporters taking dewormer instead of just getting vaccinated.

If they can't admit their mistakes then they're just going to repeat them.

Which brings us to the reality of this situation. A few dozen states or so will essentially ban abortion now. What will democrats actually do about it besides cry on twitter? I expect a whole lot of nothing.
    We’re just not all single issue voters. I had great objections to Hillary on military interventionism as an example.

7+ Year Old Account
    We’re just not all single issue voters. I had great objections to Hillary on military interventionism as an example.
    Like preventing minorities from entering the country and causing you to feel like an alien?

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Why do you feel like an alien in America?
    OT from another locked thread but I’m happy to take it to DMs if you really want to discuss it.

So you voted for the person who would do more military intervention instead?

7+ Year Old Account
    OT from another locked thread but I’m happy to take it to DMs if you really want to discuss it.
    No, you brought up reasons to not vote for Hilary. It’s o. Topic. Why are you afraid of minorities?