Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
16
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Titan Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,754
    If the game was actually fun to play, people would be playing it, rather than talking on the internet about redesigning it into a game that they would want to play.

  2. #102
    Their fanbase is the issue. Not a single original thought, just aping after the "Content creators" as if they're some sort of qualified experts and their opinions are L I T E R A L G O L D for game design.

    Can't wait to see them return the minute it's easy to get clicks from WoW again, aka around 10.0 announcement and new patches.

    Well, I say "see", more like "see others say that they're back"...
    You cannot in good conscience worship God, the Son and the Holy Spirit if you also worship Mammon. Capitalism is inherently evil.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    I think most people already know players ideas are horrible or good only on paper and would be a disaster if implemented. If they have any ideas at all because the most common feedback is something like "it sucks" without even saying why or how could be improved.
    "It sucks" = I don't like feature X.
    It's still feedback, it's not the player's job to work out how to change it.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    I think most people already know players ideas are horrible or good only on paper and would be a disaster if implemented. If they have any ideas at all because the most common feedback is something like "it sucks" without even saying why or how could be improved.
    Have you not seen what is coming in 9.1.5?
    Literal list, point for point, of what players have been asking for since November(or earlier in Alpha/Beta).

    I think too many people in this thread have been eating horse paste...

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    There were forums dedicated to constructive feedback for each class (and more) in Beta and Alpha tests. Like I said, dishonest.

    Addendum: Seeing that you’re as dismissive as the devs and paint the entirety of forums in a bad light (some can’t separate good feedback from bad feedback, and your profile signature just proves that) I’m going to stop responding. It is what it is, streamers and gamers can play whatever the hel they want and are entitled to their opinion.
    So because Blizzard didn't respond to every single piece of feedback ever given to them, they ignored all of it. Cool. Clearly I'm the one who can't differentiate between good and bad feedback. Yep. That's totally me. The dude who had the audacity to point out that it's impossible to design a game where 100% of all feedback is considered. Fuckin Blizzard man, they're a multi dollar company why can't they just make a million different versions of WoW so every individual player is happy?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mokrath View Post
    Nobody is saying they need to take orders?

    So many Olympic level mental gymnastics in this thread.
    People dislike a product, they give feedback, people who make product observe trends, product maker adjusts things based on trends.
    With Blizzard it goes feedback, see trends, ignore trends and tell customers they are wrong/ignorant/don't understand, then right before you sell them the next thing say "we hear you and we are going to try and communicate better" before repeating the cycle.
    Also, for everyone 10 people complaining you have 100 who just quietly walk away and don't come back because they aren't that invested in your product or business.
    Thanks for advising us on Blizzard's engagement trends. Since you seem to have access to information that no other human being on the internet has access to, would you mind sharing it with us so we can draw the same concrete conclusions you have?
    New BiS for 9.1!

    [ twitch ][ Retired Semi-retired as of 2018 ] [ The Official MMO-Champion Bingo Card. ] [ WoW's Community in 2021, illustrated ]
    [ That time I predicted the future...twice. ] [ For a good time, try to differentiate a majority of serious posts here from posts on /r/wowcirclejerk ]

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokrath View Post
    Have you not seen what is coming in 9.1.5?
    Literal list, point for point, of what players have been asking for since November(or earlier in Alpha/Beta).

    I think too many people in this thread have been eating horse paste...
    That and too hung up on dealing in absolutes. The Homer meme beats around the complexity of the problem, some people just can’t think too hard, so they post a video.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    So because Blizzard didn't respond to every single piece of feedback ever given to them, they ignored all of it. Cool. Clearly I'm the one who can't differentiate between good and bad feedback. Yep. That's totally me. The dude who had the audacity to point out that it's impossible to design a game where 100% of all feedback is considered. Fuckin Blizzard man, they're a multi dollar company why can't they just make a million different versions of WoW so every individual player is happy?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Thanks for advising us on Blizzard's engagement trends. Since you seem to have access to information that no other human being on the internet has access to, would you mind sharing it with us so we can draw the same concrete conclusions you have?

    The level of delusion and fanboyism people like you have with this company gets to the point where it's astounding. No matter how absolute fucking trash their game is, no matter how many YEARS they spend absolutely ignoring their playerbase and being arrogant, no matter how many bad decisions they make repeatedly over and over and over and over you meth addicts will defend them at all costs. It's absolutely mind numbing.

  8. #108
    A: “You can’t comment on what is good for the game, cause you have no AAA game dev experience!”

    B: “Hmm wouldn’t your point about players’ lack of experience on how to make a good game be applicable to your situation of not knowing good design as well, since you aren’t a dev either?”

    A: *silence*

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokrath View Post
    Have you not seen what is coming in 9.1.5?
    Literal list, point for point, of what players have been asking for since November(or earlier in Alpha/Beta).

    I think too many people in this thread have been eating horse paste...
    Yeah the things they asked for since Beta. Just like the things everyone asked for since Beta and pointed out with the LAST expansion. Just because they are breaking the glass because most of the people finally wised up and divorced from this trash game and company and they are watching all of their battered wives leave and NOW want to throw a few crumbs doesn't negate who and what they are.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato2013 View Post
    A: “You can’t comment on what is good for the game, cause you have no AAA game dev experience!”

    B: “Hmm wouldn’t your point about players’ lack of experience on how to make a good game be applicable to your situation of not knowing good design as well, since you aren’t a dev either?”

    A: *silence*
    My good sir, you are using logic and being an adult. You can't do that around the Blizz fanboy heroine addicts it drives them crazy.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoukyatwo View Post
    The level of delusion and fanboyism people like you have with this company gets to the point where it's astounding. No matter how absolute fucking trash their game is, no matter how many YEARS they spend absolutely ignoring their playerbase and being arrogant, no matter how many bad decisions they make repeatedly over and over and over and over you meth addicts will defend them at all costs. It's absolutely mind numbing.
    lmfao, imagine registering an account on a fan run forum for a video game to deliver the searing hot take that somebody who's simply asking people to think critically instead of blindly accepting the DAE BLIZZ BAD circlejerk is a fucking "meth addict."
    New BiS for 9.1!

    [ twitch ][ Retired Semi-retired as of 2018 ] [ The Official MMO-Champion Bingo Card. ] [ WoW's Community in 2021, illustrated ]
    [ That time I predicted the future...twice. ] [ For a good time, try to differentiate a majority of serious posts here from posts on /r/wowcirclejerk ]

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    lmfao, imagine registering an account on a fan run forum for a video game to deliver the searing hot take that somebody who's simply asking people to think critically instead of blindly accepting the DAE BLIZZ BAD circlejerk is a fucking "meth addict."
    Thinking critically is when you make 500 IQ remarks like "player not know anything. big dev man idea good because dev. player idea bad because player."

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Their fanbase is the issue. Not a single original thought, just aping after the "Content creators" as if they're some sort of qualified experts and their opinions are L I T E R A L G O L D for game design.

    Can't wait to see them return the minute it's easy to get clicks from WoW again, aka around 10.0 announcement and new patches.

    Well, I say "see", more like "see others say that they're back"...
    I love how you pretend you're Nostradamus that a streamer or two will probably more than likely come back at a given point down the road when the company gets their shit together. As if many of them, Asmon included haven't already stated that weeks ago. But sure, keep using people not having oRigInaL tHoUgHts as a pathetic defense mechanism of why people have left that trash game. It isn't because of influence, it's because it's garbage and people finally had enough. Also, peoplelike Preach ARE experts on the game. They have been playing since the godamn day one and raided at the highest level in the world for 16 years with the best guilds. Keep sucking on that copium though kid and refusing to accept reality.

  13. #113
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    23,562
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    "It sucks" = I don't like feature X.
    It's still feedback, it's not the player's job to work out how to change it.
    "it sucks" is not feedback, its mindless dribble

    "it sucks BECAUSE x" is actual fucking feedback.

    if everyone said "I hate M+" blizzard removes M+
    "Oh no i didnt hate M+ itself i hated the reward scheme!"
    well then fucking say so.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    most of them could actually care less about the game. they are just looking for more youtube/twitch money.

    playerbase is the single worst thing about wow.
    Besides the have itself obv

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    lmfao, imagine registering an account on a fan run forum for a video game to deliver the searing hot take that somebody who's simply asking people to think critically instead of blindly accepting the DAE BLIZZ BAD circlejerk is a fucking "meth addict."
    Ohhhhhhh the good ole YeW hAvE A NeW aCcOuNT cliche. I knew that hodge podge was going to rear it's head sooner rather than later. Imagine being completely fucking unoriginal and that being all the input you have. Just because people loathe your trash product you're addicted to (and for good reason), does not mean they lack the ability for critical thinking. It means they are logical and spot flaws. Get over yourself.

  16. #116
    WoW community is really 1:1 like real life politics. Lot of tribalism and perceiving things only in black&white. You say one good word about Blizzard, you're a fanboy. Give harsh critique, you're a hater. Youtuber is either greedy moron or know-it-all should be game director. Blizzard always listen or never listen.

    I don't think truth is in the middle, but it's never close to one or other extreme.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "it sucks" is not feedback, its mindless dribble

    "it sucks BECAUSE x" is actual fucking feedback.

    if everyone said "I hate M+" blizzard removes M+
    "Oh no i didnt hate M+ itself i hated the reward scheme!"
    well then fucking say so.
    I hate to be the bearer or bad news, but all players and streamers did for YEARS was tell Blizzard what sucks and WHY it sucks. Over. And over. And over. So what is your point?

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    WoW community is really 1:1 like real life politics. Lot of tribalism and perceiving things only in black&white. You say one good word about Blizzard, you're a fanboy. Give harsh critique, you're a hater. Youtuber is either greedy moron or know-it-all should be game director. Blizzard always listen or never listen.

    I don't think truth is in the middle, but it's never close to one or other extreme.
    I mean, I see more "hurr durr players dumb they don't know what they want, community are just haters and blind e-celeb following sheep" takes than "everyone who doesn't agree with me is a fanboy" takes.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Thanks for advising us on Blizzard's engagement trends. Since you seem to have access to information that no other human being on the internet has access to, would you mind sharing it with us so we can draw the same concrete conclusions you have?
    I don't need any special information, all you have to do is look at every expansion prior to this and the upcoming 9.1.5 patch notes. They just repeat the same cycle to make it seem like they changed their ways just long enough to get those pre-orders.
    It's like an abusive relationship. "I swear I'll change, just give me another chance" followed by a black eye when the next expansion drops.

    For the record I was a pretty big Blizz fanboy, but have always been critical of things in WoW. I own all the CE boxed sets for every WoW expansion, WC3, D2, D3+expansion, played Hearthstone quite a bit and even HotS for a while. I love their games and a lot of things about them, but I am not blind to their BS.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "it sucks" is not feedback, its mindless dribble

    "it sucks BECAUSE x" is actual fucking feedback.

    if everyone said "I hate M+" blizzard removes M+
    "Oh no i didnt hate M+ itself i hated the reward scheme!"
    well then fucking say so.
    There are different levels of feedback but "I don't like this" is still feedback. If that person is not some hopeless WoW addict they will simply leave the game instead of getting into some argument about details. And blizzard loses a customer. They are not in a favorable position to ignore all feedback that is not some super detailed essay.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2021-09-01 at 09:39 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •