Page 1 of 70
... LastLast

To all the Bellulars, Asmogolds, Preaches, QoL'ers and Fans that want to Design WOW.

Be careful what you wish for.

You're basically Homer in this episode.

This thread will not go very far.

Spot on...
    And the funny/sad part is, that at Blizz they are looking for new design and similar jobs non stop, but not one of them sent their resume to Blizz... Or maybe they did and were rejected because, "NO GAME DESIGN EXPERIENCE".

Yet, people listen to this sheep dogs like they are all mighty lords of game design...
    Last edited by Kauko; 2021-09-01 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post

most of them could actually care less about the game. they are just looking for more youtube/twitch money.

playerbase is the single worst thing about wow.

These are the quality threads that keep my invested in MMOC.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Blizzards should take feedback and listen to what players want. Then give players what they actually need. They haven't been doing either for some time now.

The Blizzard developers are Homer and Uncle Herbert is the CEO/Shareholders in this video.

If anything, Blizzard is Homer, the crew making the car are their passionated devs, the fans are the people in the crowd, and Herbert is Activision in this video.

Classic episode though

That was a really good episode. But my all time favorite will always be "Simpson Tide".

Absolute true. Yes, everyone has oppinion and i hope that blizzard also include things that i want, but sorry, neither asmonglers Bellulars, Preachers or whatever will design a good game.

They just want what they want, not the majority of the playerbase: Asmon for example is always blubbering about LFR for example; but more people play lfr than mythic, heroic and maybe even normal.

Is this game right now good? No, absolutely not, i'm not subscribed sine months, but surely not because of LFR (maybe because the waiting times for the unlock are too long and i'm not motivated enough to wait this long) but because of dozends of other things.

But neither Asmon nor the people from ElitistJerks that they hired make a good game.

Blizzard designs cars like that already, it can't get any worse.

I doubt any of these people you mention actually advocated having the fans design the game. Pointing out that obviously shitty systems should be revised or scrapped in the face of a very stubborn Blizzard, which has emotionally clung to a lot of really bad ideas for two expansions now, is not even remotely the same thing.

"you have to be a chef to critique food"

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    Spot on...
    And the funny/sad part is, that at Blizz they are looking for new design and similar jobs non stop, but not one of them sent their resume to Blizz... Or maybe they did and were rejected because, "NO GAME DESIGN EXPERIENCE".

Yet, people listen to this sheep dogs like they are all mighty lords of game design...
    Why the hell would any of them apply for such a job. Imagine watching people building a bridge in the middle of a snowstorm while playing beerpong. You would be right to say that perhaps they are doing something wrong. And as parts of the bridge are collapsing, you are proven right. But would you like to actually be building this bridge? Fuck no. I doubt any of the mentioned people would actually like to get a low salary job as a member of a Gameplay Design team or something like that.

Also, them pointing out obvious flaws in the design doesn't mean those flaws arent obvious to the Blizzard team as well. It's just that priorities and situation might be different. First the obvious, deadlines, overwork, crossproject shuffling. Second, the fact that the design HAS to be taking MAUs, shop, retention and other systems that don't necessarily mean "better game" into account. If obvious problems with, for instance, covenants, weren't adressed at the beginning of SLs, it means they were there by design.

Fans are great at pointing out what doesn't work.

They are shitty at pointing out why it doesn't work or how to improve it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don;t think they want to design WoW.. most of them except Bell don't even play WoW anymore. What they want what everyone else does, and that is for the game to be good so they can play again. Myself included.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudenoso View Post
    Fans are great at pointing out what doesn't work.

They are shitty at pointing out why it doesn't work or how to improve it.
    Its good to spot when someone is drowning but when you can't swim you can only watch them drown :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-09-01 at 06:22 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I think this one is more apt:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    I think this one is more apt:

No this would imply that Blizzard listen or talk with the community :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Some of the best game designers started out as passionate fans, Ion was a guild master to a tryhardcore guild and a lawyer. Ion turned out to be an amazing raid designer. If Asmongold and Preach were in charge of the game maybe they could avoid all the deliberating and just actually make some positive changes, because half the improvements Blizzard come up with a year too late are what people were suggesting 3 months before the content released.

Blizzards biggest problem is ignoring all feedback and doing nothing, then being proven wrong time after time.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I honestly haven't been paying any attention to what those folks have been saying, but...

We are literally at three expansions in a row where Blizzard introduced very specific game mechanics that players said are going to cause problems. Blizzard doesn't listen and marches forward anyway, and then reverses course within the expansion to make QOL changes.

Everyone's a Homer right now, and Blizzard might be the most Homerish of us all.

Engineers: "What do you want?"

"Iunno"

Yep. That's definitely true.