Poll: Do you think Prince Kael'thas Sunstrider should return and join the Horde?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Question Do you think Prince Kael'thas Sunstrider should return and join the Horde?

Kael'thas has returned as one of the main characters recently, and his development is quite interesting, he was in fact a fairly popular character. If he redeems himself completely, and is able to leave the Shadowlands and return back to life, for example, do you think he should rejoin the blood elves and Quel'Thalas, as they are still his people and kingdom after all? (He even acknowledges blood elves and void elves as his kin).

This could make for very interesting and intriguing storylines. For example, Lor'themar Theron refusing to accept his return, and both he and Rommath blaming Kael'thas for his betrayal and everything that happened in the past.

Perhaps this causes a rift between them and Liadrin and Halduron, who believe in redemption and second chances, and this causes a power struggle in blood elf society between the two factions, one which wants to continue the Sunstrider dynasty, and the other which seeks to have it ended forever, which could easily go a number of different ways. Kael'thas's views on the orcs, trolls and Forsaken would also be interesting, as might Thalyssra's reaction to him should they encounter each other, not to mention Calia, the sister of the man who destroyed most of his people.

This might open up new and different possibilities, with Kael'thas's interactions with the three Windrunner sisters - Alleria, Sylvanas and Vereesa, all of whom must have known him - and other characters such as Jaina Proudmoore (whom he might still have lingering feelings for), Khadgar, and the members of Dalaran who were his friends. Alleria and her void elves might be conflicted on Kael'thas's return, some even tempted to return to Quel'Thalas with their people, as might Vereesa and her high elves, and I'm not sure how Sylvanas and Kael'thas would regard each other either. A fight between Kael'thas and Jaina, for example, would be fascinating, his phoenixes against her water elementals, and to see how their powers compare with each other at this point. Or even Kael'thas with Alleria, his devastating fire spells against her Void abilities?

Would it not be fitting if the blood elves - focused on redemption and change - eventually re-embrace Kael'thas as their leader, or at least accept him back into their ranks, or even if he returned to Dalaran and found a way to reclaim and re-empower Felo'melorn? People always complain that the Horde leaders are very weak and feeble compared to the Alliance leaders. So perhaps an iconic and powerful character like Kael'thas with Felo'melorn could rebalance the power balance between the factions somewhat? Perhaps he could even take control of Tempest Keep once again, and return it to Quel'Thalas, floating over Silvermoon and the Sunwell Plateau - like a counterpart to Dalaran and the Vindicaar on the Horde side?

What you think should be next for Kael'thas? Would he make a good leader for the Horde side?
    Last edited by OwenBurton; 2021-08-27 at 08:26 AM.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    What you think should be next for Kael'thas?
    He's dead and currently repenting for his sins. After that he'll either stay in Revendreth or go off to another Afterlife.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

If he was planned to join the Horde it would have happened during The Burning Crusade, it's far too late for that and he won't be ressurected anyway.

Kalethas is one my W3 favourite characters, but I can't think of any way to pull him out of shadowlands. He is dead dead. If they come up with a good story as to why he got let out of it then sure, I'd like to see him back in the living world, but right now there doesn't seem to be any plausible way for it.

And also his new voice actor made me lose some interest in the character as well.

Nah. He's dead.

He should appear as a ghost before Lor'themar or before the blood elf people, apologize to them and give them some wisdom that will definitely turn them into high-elf with green eyes.

Maybe he could advocate further for the reunion of high-elves and blood-elves.

Maybe he could make Lor'themar the rightful king, since his lineage is over. Or point us to the next rightful heir like a nice cousin or something.
    Last edited by DatToffer; 2021-08-27 at 08:54 AM.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    The most they could do to him is, IF they decide to make Covenants as AR in the future, he could be sent as the Representative of the Venthyr for the Horde. As could Garona for the Necrolords, again for the Horde. Uther and Jaina talk again, he could be representing the Kyrian for the Alliance. And NF doesn't have a *dead* Alliance character to represent them, but Shandris has been there since the start. Night Elf souls are there too and Tyrande was a major character around the Covenant.

I doubt there's a continuation for the Shadowlands characters unless Blizz decides to make them be able to escape the realm of death and be relevant on Azeroth. Which is possible, because Kyrians do it, we do it, Sylvie destroyed the helm so everyone can do it.

7+ Year Old Account
    probably not they want as least as possible to do with that voice actor controversy if that is the right word
    im glad mine didnt change thou x3

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kael'thas is speculated, but hinted by renethal to become the new bearer of Envy.

If he returns to Azeroth, the san'layn would be a pretty cool group that could use a leader who is also like them.
    I would like this more, but I suspect him to stay in Revendreth.

Well, he's dead, and the Blood Elves have moved from him.

If he somehow resurrected, it would be unfair for the BE's to have to forgive him and allow him hold any say on their politics, so then why should the Horde itself?

The only way I could see him returning on a leadership position is if he brings another group to the Horde; Maybe instead of a redemption on the Afterlife, he is allowed to return to Azeroth with some of his Venthyr powers to redeem his fallen San'layn kin.

Do we need Kael'thas back as a character? I don't think so, but he could be used to introduce a new theme to the Horde's playable races such as San'layn.

But even so, I think he should stay mostly away from the Blood Elves. That would be a rift that would take very long to heal, if ever.

I'm not opposed to the idea on principle, but it can't really just be about Kael'thas, it would have to bring another status quo change to be worth it, you know?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Kael'thas is speculated, but hinted by renethal to become the new bearer of Envy.

If he returns to Azeroth, the san'layn would be a pretty cool group that could use a leader who is also like them.
    I would like this more, but I suspect him to stay in Revendreth.
    I feel the same; Kael seems to be groomed as a powerful Venthyr and I do think that would be a nice conclusion to his story. But yeah, if they did want to make San'layn playable, using Kael'thas to deepen that thematic connection would be interesting. But that would necessitate wanting to make San'layn playable on the first place

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    And also his new voice actor made me lose some interest in the character as well.
    I have the same feeling, he was one of my favorites from war3, sadly the new voice doesnt have that sharpness/snarky vein tone to it. Hes voice actor now seems to be the same as the blood male elf player character voicice, which sucks.

There seems to be a genuine misunderstanding about how the shadowlands work. You can't be kept in them by anything other than force. You can leave them freely, the kyrian (who are ex-Great Dark creatures) clearly prove that. If Kael wants to leave, he leaves. It's not like anything can stop him, he just needs to cry to the player characters and they'll bully all of the Eternal Ones until they let him go.

7+ Year Old Account
    Keep dead characters dead, no one should come abck to life, this open precedence, and an obligation, for other characters to come back too, and that would be a shitshow

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Well, he's dead, and the Blood Elves have moved from him.

If he somehow resurrected, it would be unfair for the BE's to have to forgive him and allow him hold any say on their politics, so then why should the Horde itself?

The only way I could see him returning on a leadership position is if he brings another group to the Horde; Maybe instead of a redemption on the Afterlife, he is allowed to return to Azeroth with some of his Venthyr powers to redeem his fallen San'layn kin.

Do we need Kael'thas back as a character? I don't think so, but he could be used to introduce a new theme to the Horde's playable races such as San'layn.

But even so, I think he should stay mostly away from the Blood Elves. That would be a rift that would take very long to heal, if ever.

I'm not opposed to the idea on principle, but it can't really just be about Kael'thas, it would have to bring another status quo change to be worth it, you know?

- - - Updated - - -

I feel the same; Kael seems to be groomed as a powerful Venthyr and I do think that would be a nice conclusion to his story. But yeah, if they did want to make San'layn playable, using Kael'thas to deepen that thematic connection would be interesting. But that would necessitate wanting to make San'layn playable on the first place
    Yea, but since hes in revendreth and did atone for hes sins(still is) and paid the hard price I dont think I see him take shit from Bob if he ever returns. We saw him in revendreth and spoke about questionable choices, but he learned from hes mistakes and hes been a pretty good asset.
    If word is spread to the blood elves, about hes actions in the shadowlands that benefits all of us in the end, he might get a differnt welcome. Didnt the accuser told us he was lied to or deceived. I think they changed that part from power hungry, could be wrong. They realy made it seem in the questline that he cares about hes people.

Do we need him back, probably not, would I like a vampire blood mage in our ranks, hell yea. I am a sucker for that and if we ever get Venthyr he would be the ambassador for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Keep dead characters dead, no one should come abck to life, this open precedence, and an obligation, for other characters to come back too, and that would be a shitshow
    Its already a shit show.

It will not change anything, besides hes a beloved character.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-08-27 at 09:25 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its already a shit show.

It will not change anything, besides hes a beloved character.
    Im not surprised that you would say that, but no it isn't a shit show in this department.

Lorthemar is way better than him now

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im not surprised that you would say that, but no it isn't a shit show in this department.

Lorthemar is way better than him now
    I dissagree with your opinion, nuff said.

But honestly I realy dont care about your opinion sygfried, wasnt that clear last time? I
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-08-27 at 09:30 AM.

Why can't we have characters just stay dead? Every time they let certain characters return they always manage to screw them up in some way, and the last thing they should do is whitewash even more villains. Without Kael's original voice I couldn't care less about him either.

7+ Year Old Account
    I dissagree with your opinion, nuff said.

But honestly I realy dont care about your opinion sygfried, wasnt that clear last time? I
    then why did you quote me? seems that you care enough for a reply lmao

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Why can't we have characters just stay dead? Every time they let certain characters return they always manage to screw them up in some way, and the last thing they should do is whitewash even more villains. Without Kael's original voice I couldn't care less about him either.
    Exactly, from all the wod characters they brought only like 2 were acceptable, and it was an alternative timeline, bringing back from the death literally, is just bananas, especially one that would bring nothing to the narrative

Yea, but since hes in revendreth and did atone for hes sins(still is) and paid the hard price I dont think I see him take shit from Bob if he ever returns. We saw him in revendreth and spoke about questionable choices, but he learned from hes mistakes and hes been a pretty good asset.
    If word is spread to the blood elves, about hes actions in the shadowlands that benefits all of us in the end, he might get a differnt welcome. Didnt the accuser told us he was lied to or deceived. I think they changed that part from power hungry, could be wrong. They realy made it seem in the questline that he cares about hes people.

Do we need him back, probably not, would I like a vampire blood mage in our ranks, hell yea. I am a sucker for that and if we ever get Venthyr he would be the ambassador for sure.
    I mean that's the thing, he could return with the best intentions on the world but it doesn't mean the Blood Elves would have to give him another chance. Like a "We are glad that you are doing great but we have moved on." I just think it's unfair to the BE development as a race to have yet again their story be so dependent on Kael when they have done so much to move forward.

He could make for a valuable ally, but yeah, he would have to come back leading another group or something as such.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    then why did you quote me? seems that you care enough for a reply lmao
    Because it was so stupid I had to reply, but I still dont realy care ye.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I mean that's the thing, he could return with the best intentions on the world but it doesn't mean the Blood Elves would have to give him another chance. Like a "We are glad that you are doing great but we have moved on." I just think it's unfair to the BE development as a race to have yet again their story be so dependent on Kael when they have done so much to move forward.

He could make for a valuable ally, but yeah, he would have to come back leading another group or something as such.
    People are missing the development the race as a whole went trough and focusing entirely on him, when this new interaction is much better, they should just focus more on lorthemar and the other mage gu, much more interesing characters.

Because it was so stupid I had to reply, but I still dont realy care ye.
    So you do care in the end