Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    Now, What is the difference between a Void elf and a Blood elf? None?. Just the damn flag they weave?

They really broke the Void Elves into something they are not. I don't get it now, does this means they are now "High Elves"? Or what is lore behind this change?.

Void elves used to be Blood elves turned into "Void" elves by a ritual, that changed them into something new. Now, its just another "Hey guys, do you like Blood elves? Here, have some Blood elves for the alliance". What a terrible design on this race. In that case, give the alliance "pink" skinned Orcs and call them a new allied race for the alliance....
    The only thing this change shows is that they can... change their hair color. Like anyone can. There's this thing called "hair dye", let alone alchemically or magically enhanced hair dye. If you think hair color is enough to destroy the differences between Void Elves and Blood Elves, then that's pretty sad.

Besides, physical appearances haven't mattered since Mists of Pandaria when the Pandaren came out for both factions. The moment that happened, Blizzard was free to throw away the old idea of "unique and easily identifiable silhouettes for factions".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    This is bullshit. So all the complainers got what they wanted?

How do I recognize a Void Elf in World PVP now? They look the exact same as Blood Elves.
    Wow, did it suddenly become 2012 again? Because this literally hasn't been an issue since Mists of Pandaria. You know, the Pandaren? The race that's playable by both factions? The race that looks exactly the same no matter what side of PVP you're on? Yeah, them.

How do I recognize a Void Elf in World PVP now? They look the exact same as Blood Elves.
    Here's a guy who missed Mists of Pandaria.

And now with natural hair colors, the customization for Alliance High Elves is complete! This has been in the making for a long time and thanks to the High Elf community we are finally, after YEARS getting what we asked for. The never ending feedback we provided has won us the fight against the Anti High Elf crowd. And I would be lying if I said the tears and rage from the Anti-High Elf crowd wasn't every bit as satisfying as the customization options themselves!

By the pvp colored name/nameplate, I'd imagine. That isn't changing.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Wow, did it suddenly become 2012 again? Because this literally hasn't been an issue since Mists of Pandaria. You know, the Pandaren? The race that's playable by both factions? The race that looks exactly the same no matter what side of PVP you're on? Yeah, them.
    It never stopped being 2012. People have been frothing at the mouth over this idea since Void Elves' inception.

- - - Updated - - -

Clearly not, because you're complaining and not getting what you want lol.

Hot tip sport: if you're Alliance, you can't attack Void Elves. If you're Horde, you can't attack Blood Elves. ✨Problem solved✨

- - - Updated - - -

Void elves used to be Blood elves turned into "Void" elves by a ritual, that changed them into something new.
    So Void Elves don't have Entropic Embrace or Spatial Rift or Preternatural Calm anymore? News to me. Let's also not forget that Alleria took the most extreme Void-infusion ritual you can possibly take and kept her pink skin and blonde hair.
    Last edited by TyrannicalPuppy; 2021-09-04 at 09:54 PM.

That is still not an excuse to give the alliance "Blood elves". They were supposed to be different from the ones that the Horde has. Now is almost the same shit, with just different hairstyle and thats all the difference...

Im that case, give us Draenei models for the Horde.
    What Draenei have historically, or in the current era, ever aided the Horde?

Quote Originally Posted by Twinbros2 View Post
    And now with natural hair colors, the customization for Alliance High Elves is complete! This has been in the making for a long time and thanks to the High Elf community we are finally, after YEARS getting what we asked for. The never ending feedback we provided has won us the fight against the Anti High Elf crowd. And I would be lying if I said the tears and rage from the Anti-High Elf crowd wasn't every bit as satisfying as the customization options themselves!
    Real talk though, you're basically bragging about having managed to convince the devs to put a whole bunch of time into making a near exact duplicate of an existing race because you didn't like which faction the original version was on.

I am mostly impressed that they were working on Saturday...

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Real talk though, you're basically bragging about having managed to convince the devs to put a whole bunch of time into making a near exact duplicate of an existing race because you didn't like which faction the original version was on.
    "a whole bunch of time" I think not. As you pointed out they were a near exact duplicate of an existing race, so the time and effort put it was likely minimal. And everyone knows the only reason Blood Elves were given to the Horde in the first place was to address the highly unbalanced faction ratio back in the day. Now, that has flipped and Alliance players are the new minority, so they gave us the race we were cheated out of from the start, a race that a good number of Alliance players have wanted even before Blood Elves were announced. A race that we saw in game back in Vanilla, and a race that was displayed to be Alliance members in many of the expansions (Vanilla, BC, WOTL, MoP, BFA and Legion) that's 6 of 9 expansions, Cata, WoD and Shadowlands being the only expansions where High Elves were MIA. Character models aside, believe it or not some High Elf fans wanted to see them added for lore reasons. And again, after 15+ years we can finally, FINALLY play them.

enemy/friendly nameplates on?

7+ Year Old Account
    "a whole bunch of time" I think not. As you pointed out they were a near exact duplicate of an existing race, so the time and effort put it was likely minimal. And everyone knows the only reason Blood Elves were given to the Horde in the first place was to address the highly unbalanced faction ratio back in the day. Now, that has flipped and Alliance players are the new minority, so they gave us the race we were cheated out of from the start, a race that a good number of Alliance players have wanted even before Blood Elves were announced. A race that we saw in game back in Vanilla, and a race that was displayed to be Alliance members in many of the expansions (Vanilla, BC, WOTL, MoP, BFA and Legion) that's 6 of 9 expansions, Cata, WoD and Shadowlands being the only expansions where High Elves were MIA. Character models aside, believe it or not some High Elf fans wanted to see them added for lore reasons. And again, after 15+ years we can finally, FINALLY play them.
    Stop with this bullshit entitled mindset that you were "cheated" or "own" anything, the elves left the alliance in the warcraft 3 game, it does not matter if you don't know the lore, but they did left and joined horde. They never were yours or the alliance.

Also, is hilarious how you are saying "some people wanted for lore reasons" and after "15 years you got then" when you literally don't.

First of all, you people never wanted for lore reasons, that is a lie that was spread among the echo chamber, people wanted because their appearance and look, the literal proof is how you guys wanted a white skin color, blue eyes and blond hair, on the void elf race, despite the lore, and since they did that, people are saying "now", they got it.

But... the void elves are not dalaran elves, they are not the "ones that never left alliance", they are not silver covenant, they are not quel'dani or quel'thien elves. How exactly did you guys got high elves? because now they are white and blonde? and you are telling me its about lore?

you are not playing a high elf, period, you are playing a void elf, that look like a high/blood elf, the race is different, they are elves mutated by the void, the lore is different, they are blood elves outcast by playing with the void.

Its nice that you can roleplay and larp one high elf(you could do before too, but i guess is not the white and blonde perfection) sure, but rly, don't pretend is what is they are.

if Blizzards idea was to fill as most as possible on the mmoc frontpage, by investing as least as possible, they did a rather good job. very efficient marketing.

but i am happy for all the ppl getting some customizations they want.

not content, but at least something that makes some ppl happy and a good and rather efficient way to fill up huge spaces on mmoc and other platforms.

relating to: https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...ge=-0#comments
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-09-05 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Stop with this bullshit entitled mindset that you were "cheated" or "own" anything, the elves left the alliance in the warcraft 3 game, it does not matter if you don't know the lore, but they did left and joined horde. They never were yours or the alliance.

Also, is hilarious how you are saying "some people wanted for lore reasons" and after "15 years you got then" when you literally don't.

First of all, you people never wanted for lore reasons, that is a lie that was spread among the echo chamber, people wanted because their appearance and look, the literal proof is how you guys wanted a white skin color, blue eyes and blond hair, on the void elf race, despite the lore, and since they did that, people are saying "now", they got it.

But... the void elves are not dalaran elves, they are not the "ones that never left alliance", they are not silver covenant, they are not quel'dani or quel'thien elves. How exactly did you guys got high elves? because now they are white and blonde? and you are telling me its about lore?

you are not playing a high elf, period, you are playing a void elf, that look like a high/blood elf, the race is different, they are elves mutated by the void, the lore is different, they are blood elves outcast by playing with the void.

Its nice that you can roleplay and larp one high elf(you could do before too, but i guess is not the white and blonde perfection) sure, but rly, don't pretend is what is they are.
    go outside bro it's pixels on a screen

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    go outside bro it's pixels on a screen
    go say that to people playing elves, they are the real problem here asking for different pixel colors.

go say that to people playing elves, they are the real problem here asking for different pixel colors.
    no. no they are not lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    no. no they are not lmao.
    You never visited high elf thread? Some grade A cultists there.

Delicious rage and tears they sustain me. Nothing is better than the anti high elf crowd losing their shit over this, like I said before getting the customization options is great, but so is the salt from players like you. Also Blood Elves weren't the only elves to become Void Elves, and if you played a void elf you would already know this. High Elves are also seen in the rift. But your post was just u mad cause team High Elf just scored the killing blow thanks to Bliz adding the 1 last customization option we needed. Now there really isn't much difference between Blood Elves and Void Elves save for hair styles, and I would argue the Void Elf no spell interruption racial is a much better perk than the Blood Elf racial. Anyway sorry umad cuz bad

7+ Year Old Account
    Delicious rage and tears they sustain me. Nothing is better than the anti high elf crowd losing their shit over this, like I said before getting the customization options is great, but so is the salt from players like you. Also Blood Elves weren't the only elves to become Void Elves, and if you played a void elf you would already know this. High Elves are also seen in the rift. But your post was just u mad cause team High Elf just scored the killing blow thanks to Bliz adding the 1 last customization option we needed. Now there really isn't much difference between Blood Elves and Void Elves save for hair styles, and I would argue the Void Elf no spell interruption racial is a much better perk than the Blood Elf racial. Anyway sorry umad cuz bad
    the best thing out of this are you all that said "its all about lore" when in reality you just wanted white and blonde elves, and somehow you think that shit "is a killing blow" lol

the best thing out of this are you all that said "its all about lore" when in reality you just wanted white and blonde elves, and somehow you think that shit "is a killing blow" lol
    Tomato, Tomato, thing is we got what we want now gimme more of those tears and rage

7+ Year Old Account
    Tomato, Tomato, thing is we got what we want now gimme more of those tears and rage
    yes, you wanted white and blonde elves, not silver covenant elves, alliance elves, or high elves at all, which is again, amusing