Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

You are being carried...

If you do raid prog but refuse to do M+ then you are being carried. If you are just raid logging and putting no effort into improving your character then you are literally a burden on your group.

I think of it like this - It's a team sport and you refuse to turn up for practice each week before we play because you think you are better than everyone else even though you are overweight and never score.

What does everyone else think? We have a few people like this in my guild and it really pisses me off. It probably shouldn't but it honestly makes me feel like giving up when some of us are throwing everything we have at a boss whilst others may as well be afk. I know, find another guild. I just do not understand people like this and how little shame they must have.
    Last edited by Chriisto; 2021-09-02 at 02:05 PM.

Take your meds please
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

You're technically not wrong, but it's a matter of degrees.

You could just as well argue that if you aren't spending 15 hours a day grinding for gear, you're a burden on your group because you're not doing ALL YOU COULD to improve. And then you could say why not 16 hours?!

The game caters to a wide demographic. Some people play it more, some people play it less; some people play it well, some people play it less well. And that's fine.

What a guild needs to do is bring together people who fit together well - and that can work by any number of metrics.

If you personally have a problem with people not carrying their weight, bring it to the guild's attention. Fundamentally, there's two possible outcomes: 1. that person is not a good fit for the guild, because they're not keeping up the standards everyone else in the guild expects from other members; or 2. you are not a good fit for the guild, because you expect higher standards from members than they're all willing to put in.

It's all about finding a guild that's right FOR YOU. If you're not happy carrying people who can't/won't play more, and the rest of the guild is fine with it, find a different guild who is more demanding of its members.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can either go fuck yourself or find a guild with the same mindset as yourself.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Haven’t raided in some years but In my experience it’s the people who go out of there way to get every little improvement and whine at others to do the same who get carried by the more mechanically competent players.

Mabye world first raids are filled with people who are equally mechanically competent and pushing for every edge but I wouldn’t know and I can’t say I’ve ever seen a raid like that in the time I raided from wrath-mop.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Chriisto View Post
    If you do raid prog but refuse to do M+ then you are being carried. If you are just raid logging and putting no effort into improving your character then you are literally a burden on your group.

I think of it like this - It's a team sport and you refuse to turn up for practice each week before we play because you think you are better than everyone else even though you are overweight and never score.

What does everyone else think? We have a few people like this in my guild and it really pisses me off. It probably shouldn't but it honestly makes me feel like giving up when some of us are throwing everything we have at a boss whilst others may as well be afk. I know, find another guild. I just do not understand people like this and how little shame they must have.
    following your little sport analogy, why are you playing in a 40+ dad league team if you obviously want to play in a nfl team?

and the lack of understand how different people enjoy different things differently shows either a lack of empathy or a lack of experience. you should work on that.

still a nice blog post though ...

and this is why I dropped out of prog raid... I don't enjoy M+ and don't do it nor do I want to be pushed into doing it.

that said OP needs to find a guild full of people that match his play style and mindset
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Well depends what you said when inviting members?

Did you tell the they are rquired to no live the shit out of mythic+, tell them the weekly 15 is allright or tell them it is not required at all/did not say anyhting?

I for one did not really need anything out of mythic+ except one trinket which i tried to farm for months and did not get so i stopped running. Everything else out of mythic+ or the box was crap. So no use for me.

But you cannot just expect people to do content they did not join you for. I would never join a guidl that requires me to do PvP for raiding for example. No matter how good the gear is

What do you think about people who do more M+ than you? What do you think they think of you?

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    You're technically not wrong, but it's a matter of degrees.

You could just as well argue that if you aren't spending 15 hours a day grinding for gear, you're a burden on your group because you're not doing ALL YOU COULD to improve. And then you could say why not 16 hours?!

The game caters to a wide demographic. Some people play it more, some people play it less; some people play it well, some people play it less well. And that's fine.

What a guild needs to do is bring together people who fit together well - and that can work by any number of metrics.

If you personally have a problem with people not carrying their weight, bring it to the guild's attention. Fundamentally, there's two possible outcomes: 1. that person is not a good fit for the guild, because they're not keeping up the standards everyone else in the guild expects from other members; or 2. you are not a good fit for the guild, because you expect higher standards from members than they're all willing to put in.

It's all about finding a guild that's right FOR YOU. If you're not happy carrying people who can't/won't play more, and the rest of the guild is fine with it, find a different guild who is more demanding of its members.
    You are probably right. I probably just need to relax but it can be incredibly frustrating. This is good advice though so thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    So you mean the small chance of upgrades from the Mythic+ dungeon rewards in the weekly vault, in comparison to the small chance of upgrades from the Mythic Raid rewards? Even when you're nerfing yourself when you aint wearing gear with domination slots-- which don't drop from dungeons?

I dunno mate, I think you may be overvalueing M+'s contribution to character growth after the first few weeks in each major content patch. At this point, farming Research to buy 252 conduit upgrades with might actually be more interesting for some classes; at least those aren't too RNG after a while and you're always actively working towards something, rather than rolling those weekly dice and hoping Lady Luck is on your side this time around.

Now if you were talking about the first couple of weeks every new tier, then yes, agreed.
    Last edited by Chonar; 2021-09-02 at 02:19 PM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    following your little sport analogy, why are you playing in a 40+ dad league team if you obviously want to play in a nfl team?

and the lack of understand how different people enjoy different things differently shows either a lack of empathy or a lack of experience. you should work on that.

still a nice blog post though ...
    All of this, except perhaps the comparison to 40+ dad league, haha. More like minor aaa vs. nfl. Pushing beer-league status myself, that would be more akin to running heroic on the regular as your end game without a care for mythic. Then you have flag football normal and tag (ball optional) raidfinder.

As for OP, I just wish we could get somebody in here with verifiable top 100 mythic raiding status to come in and call a scrub a scrub for ONLY wanting to upgrade gear through M+ runs. "Why aren't you forming filter raids so you get the best possible outcome of gear every week from your raids? Hope you're parsing in the 100+ club, because otherwise, you're as good as useless yourself. Feel like you should share your feelings on a forum, rather than address them with the raid team? What are you, some LFR Noob?"

On a more serious note, punching down just shows you for the douche you are. Find another group that shares your mindset and leave your whining for your FB page where we can all properly ignore you.

Cry more, Captain Nolife.

I play this shit to raid, not to rote learn eight dungeons the exact same way as everyone else from a guide I saw on the internet.

I wonder how valuable you are to our society outside of world of warcraft. I'm sure you also piss some people off.

We had a guy in our MoP guild who never seemed to log on unless leveling a character or to raid. He had leveling and dungeon blues and greens on when we started MSV. He out DPSd everyone like he was a proof basketball player playing 1-1 with a baby. Hindsight makes me think he had his rotation automated or super macro'd but he didn't do anything else to prepare or get better for raids.

Your scenario isn't always true. However, if you are in an actual race with a legit chance of being world or server first then sure, if not just have fun and don't worry.

You are clearly not the quietly confident and competent type.

The louder the bark, the weaker the bite.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    No you /10char
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Couldn't agree more with OP, but even long before m+ the casuals/raidloggers caused the same problems to their guilds and server communities.
    So it isn't necessarily tied to dungeons or progression, just to the overall experience the normal people have.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Cry more, Captain Nolife.

I play this shit to raid, not to rote learn eight dungeons the exact same way as everyone else from a guide I saw on the internet.
    I was never a fan of spamming dungeons before. Was not a fan of the challenge dungeons since it was all just shortcut taking BS, same with M+. If I was ever "required" to run them for any reason to raid, I'd just find a new guild. Thankfully we just raid for fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    Couldn't agree more with OP, but even long before m+ the casuals/raidloggers caused the same problems to their guilds and server communities.
    So it isn't necessarily tied to dungeons or progression, just to the overall experience the normal people have.
    Sounds like those guilds did a poor job of projecting what they wanted and/or vetting players that fit their wants.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what you're saying is that every single player who wants to do raid progression in WoW should behave like they're one of the main raiders of guilds such as Method, Echo, Complexity Limit, etc?

Because, by your logic, doing anything less than the top players in the top World First raiding guilds means "you're a burden to your group".

I might be reading too much into this, but this sounds to me like you're salty because those players that "don't put the amount of effort you want them to" still overshadow you in the DPS meters despite being not as geared as you are.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...