Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New World of Warcraft Southpark Special?

So much material here for Matt and Trey to make a masterpiece.

For old times sake?

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    So much material here for Matt and Trey to make a masterpiece.

For old times sake?
    They already did.

Sorry but I didn't see Bill Cosby anywhere in that episode

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Sorry but I didn't see Bill Cosby anywhere in that episode
    You remember incorrectly then.

WoW is not cultural relevant any more, so nobody cares.

The creators are on record saying they hated the episode and making it so it seems doubtful. They like playing around with different medians like puppets, plays, and other art so I don't think it's likely they will go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    The creators are on record saying they hated the episode and making it so it seems doubtful. They like playing around with different medians like puppets, plays, and other art so I don't think it's likely they will go back.
    He thought the episode was bad, but trey came to terms with it afaik after he saw the posotive reaction the next day. That being said, as Danuel phrased it so fittingly, WoW is simply not culturally relevant anymore. No point in making a whole episode about it. It's a best worth a short gag or a little easter egg in one of the games.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    They already did.

Oh I 'member that episode.

If they did another WoW episode it should be just about Blizzards decline as a company

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    It never was.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "give her the ol' hot cosby" can be put to use again if they do.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Oh I 'member that episode.
    'member Ulduar? 'member dying at the end of the Lich King encounter? 'member realms that weren't deaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad????

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    This is very true but on the other hand neither is South Park.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

If they were, it'd be on the controversy for sure. Although I was under the impression that South Park ended years ago...

People saying it's "not culturally relevant" anymore seem to forget how these things work. Björn Skifs wasn't "culturally relevant" when they used his song in Guardians of The Galaxy.

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    If they were, it'd be on the controversy for sure. Although I was under the impression that South Park ended years ago...

People saying it's "not culturally relevant" anymore seem to forget how these things work. Björn Skifs wasn't "culturally relevant" when they used his song in Guardians of The Galaxy.
    South Park is a pardoy of (relatively) current events, that is all there is to it. If they wanted to parody something it would be Fortnite, CoD or whatever other major thing currently dominates the zeitgeist of online culture. WoW is certainly not relevant in that context..

..unless they really want to make an episode about the tech industry and cubicle crawls. If they bring in Ubisoft and Epic they might start to have enough for one episode about the industry.

As for GoG.. umm the whole point about the songs is that they are old stuff..?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Remember folks…Casa Bonita LIVES!

Better story right there than hearing, they’re old news and not relevant anymore, and someone who thinks South Park would double down on wow lmao.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    He thought the episode was bad, but trey came to terms with it afaik after he saw the posotive reaction the next day. That being said, as Danuel phrased it so fittingly, WoW is simply not culturally relevant anymore. No point in making a whole episode about it. It's a best worth a short gag or a little easter egg in one of the games.
    Cartman shitting all over his moms face is still one the funniest things I've ever seen so its disappointing he thought it was bad

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Cartman shitting all over his moms face is still one the funniest things I've ever seen so its disappointing he thought it was bad
    “Mom more hot pockets” “Right away dear” “That’s Uber sweet”

Agreed man that episode is legendary, crazy how someone even has the idea of thinking it deserves another go.

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Although I was under the impression that South Park ended years ago...
    Last month they signed some ridiculous 900mil$ deal for 14 new movies and also renewed their series deal till 2027 or 6 more seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    It never was.
    Be careful, you might cut yourself on that edge.

No matter how much you want to hate on WOW because of how Blizzard touched your gaming hart inappropriately by being a business and not a pink unicorn, WOW was very culturally relevant at some point, everybody was talking about it and people that never even played games installed it and played it for a while.