Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    Fascists are attracted to the idea of China, Russia, and North Korea because authoritarianism enables the minority to control the majority. There are ways in which authoritarianism is technically more efficient solely in terms of productivity. Productivity is always going to be greater in an authoritarian system where you don't have to consider rights of the people affected, environmental concerns, etc. Fascists will often point to the efficiency of authoritarianism with glowing eyes, but it's the control of the majority they seek since they know that in a fair democratic system their extreme racist, bigoted, agenda loses. So they speak glowingly of efficiencies and a 'strong hand', while trying not to focus on things like the fact that Putin made the vaccine mandatory for the entire Russian military in April 2020 before any testing. Or China controlling every aspect of their citizens lives down to how many hours they can spend doing X in their own time, and what they can watch. Tucker Carlson would never talk to his rural viewing audience about the fact that Chinese can't even go recreationally fishing because even something that simple is prohibited by the government.
    Last edited by Biglog; 2021-09-05 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Right, its the progressives that are racist, not a bunch of southern rednecks that would want nothing more than make lynching of black people legal.
    Only one side can be racist?

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Only one side can be racist?
    In this case, the "sides" are largely determined by "are you bigoted or not", in the first place. That's the divide.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    In this case, the "sides" are largely determined by "are you bigoted or not", in the first place. That's the divide.
    Seems the divide is more about "who you are bigoted against".

Nope.

Unless you're confusing "to the privileged, equality looks like discrimination" bullshittery with the truth.

Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Finally something the Western war right and China can bond over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Timmy still can get lunch, it's just not free.

Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    Productivity is always going to be greater in an authoritarian system where you don't have to consider rights of the people affected, environmental concerns, etc. Fascists will often point to the efficiency of authoritarianism with glowing eyes, but it's the control of the majority they seek since they know that in a fair democratic system their extreme racist, bigoted, agenda loses.
    That's simply not the case historically speaking. Authoritarian command economies are sometimes able to produce surprisingly rapid outcomes or growth in a short period of time in a specific narrow area, but that productivity quickly declines over time.

See ...The Cold War.

Fact is, mixed economies where the government regulates and supervises the market but otherwise allows the market to do its thing tend to do much better productivity wise.

China is not a command economy. It simply not shy of government investment to back its otherwise wildly deregulated capitalist market.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It doesnt destroy the land to bury styrofoam 25 feet below the ground
    Today Obama once again kneeled at the altar of environmental naziism and hurt this once great country. He has now banned all drilling in the Atlantic Ocean

What China does is China's business. Not our place to tell them what to do or how to do it.

Personally, I feel like the West could learn a few things from China.

PS: Don't bother trying to provoke a reaction or further discussion on the subject, as having different ideas is considered trolling on these forums.
    Turns out you can have opinions on what other countries do while supporting they keep independence.

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    I dunno maybe it’s the fact that my family came to the US to get away from the CCP and idiots like you think American values are inferior because you’ve bought into the racist hogwash being spewed from the progressives. Fuck off.
    Then why are you parroting the racist ccp?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Right, its the progressives that are racist, not a bunch of southern rednecks that would want nothing more than make lynching of black people legal.
    Again, he’s mad that he’s has to acknowledge that the default isn’t white male, and it’s scaring them.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The K-Pop stans have become too powerful...soon they shall rule the world.
    Maybe not for long.

A group of K-pop fans in China have become the latest victims of a crackdown on celebrity culture.

Twenty-two fan accounts have been suspended by Chinese social media site Sina Weibo for what it called "irrational star-chasing behaviour".

They include fans of Korean pop band BTS who crowdfunded on the platform to customise an aeroplane for singer Park Ji-Min's 26th birthday.

Weibo accused one fan account of "illegal fundraising" for the stunt.

In a statement, the company said it "firmly opposes such irrational star-chasing behaviour and will deal with it seriously".

It also pledged to "purify" online discussions and "regulate community order" on its platform.

The BTS account was suspended from posting for 60 days. Other accounts supporting K-pop acts Blackpink, GOT7 and EXO - who have Chinese members - were given 30-day bans.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    They're kinda not wrong on the "irrational star-chasing behaviour", tbf. But people should be able to spend their money as they wish as long as they're not harming anyone /shrug

Also, Blackpink has no Chinese members.

I find that phrase "purifying online discussions" quite chilling. The Chinese regime is monstrous.

I find that phrase "purifying online discussions" quite chilling. The Chinese regime is monstrous.
    Just wait until you find out China has committed genocide against ethnic groups!

Notice no one on this board called out the white woman who threw an egg at Larry Elder. If that had been a white woman throwing an egg at a black democrat there would be a thread with 30-40 pages talking about the racists in the gop. Like everything else, democrats are hypocritical on race also. But, nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Notice no one on this board called out the white woman who threw an egg at Larry Elder. If that had been a white woman throwing an egg at a black democrat there would be a thread with 30-40 pages talking about the racists in the gop. Like everything else, democrats are hypocritical on race also. But, nothing to see here.
    Oh no, an egg. The horror.

You're whining about an egg toss and using that to leap off into trying to justify a nonsense persecution complex.

So, China is acting like Hollywood? But if it was for the same set of politics, people here wouldn't complain i bets..

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Pretty sure he’d disapprove of a lot if not all of that.
    I wish my fan fictions were as good as yours. Cucker is all about being "manly" considering a couple months ago he was practically quaking from one man telling him how awful he is.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    So, China is acting like Hollywood? But if it was for the same set of politics, people here wouldn't complain i bets..
    Hollywood is 100% profit driven towards what ever brings in the most money, the hell you on about?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    You know throwing eggs is not racist, right?

I have to wonder sometimes if people are American or not before they say things like this. If they aren't perhaps they also think the same of America. if they are American then I wonder what they think of us in comparison to China.

China has some serious issue, though I suspect they're slightly ahead of the USA on the morality scale due to less intervention.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Hollywood is 100% profit driven towards what ever brings in the most money, the hell you on about?

- - - Updated - - -

You know throwing eggs is not racist, right?
    I don't know what they're talking about but the CIA was at one point involved with Hollywood and newspapers... and media outlets.

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...lywood/491138/

The CIA has a long history of “spooking the news,” dating back to its earliest days when the legendary spymaster Allen Dulles and his top staff drank and dined regularly with the press elite of New York and Washington, and the agency boasted hundreds of U.S. and foreign journalists as paid and unpaid assets. In 1977, after this systematic media manipulation was publicly exposed by congressional investigations, the CIA created an Office of Public Affairs that was tasked with guiding press coverage of intelligence matters in a more transparent fashion. The agency insists that it no longer maintains a stable of friendly American journalists, and that its efforts to influence the press are much more above board. But, in truth, the intelligence empire’s efforts to manufacture the truth and mold public opinion are more vast and varied than ever before. One of its foremost assets? Hollywood.
    Waffle is saying that "Hollywood" is doing something when really it's more that the government at one point was involved. Similar to how police got involved to change how they were portrayed in media. So waffle has things backwards.
    Last edited by Themius; 2021-09-11 at 02:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black people in america should be happy their ancestors where slaves so they could have a good live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black women are racist. Im the one trying to make her[my wife] behave like white people and not say it out loud.
    Totally not racist

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Just wait until you find out China has committed genocide against ethnic groups!
    Of course I know about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I have to wonder sometimes if people are American or not before they say things like this. If they aren't perhaps they also think the same of America. if they are American then I wonder what they think of us in comparison to China.
    ???